What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late now but happy birthday for yesterday @Rachox - I assure you the sentiment is just as sincere as it would have been yesterday.

Reactions: Viv19

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
11-08-19

Family are settling in. They had horrendous crossing, dreadful weather, long delay due to adverse weather conditions. Several were seasick. Those still a bit fragile when they arrived.
Food
Breakfast: Nut granola and two hard boiled eggs
Lunch: beau et bon bread about 30g, cheese, ham, Salad, Macedoine salad, tomato chutney.
Dinner: Chicken thighs, a sausage, green beans and ratatouille. Ice cream for pudding, (15g carbs) and rose wine. Later 2 coffee desserts, not sure of the carb content, but obviously far too many. There seems to be a pattern emerging, sensible eating all day, then lose the plot in the evening. Does not help that everyone else is snacking.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My plan today

B/fast... Vanilla yogart (mainly for energy)

Lunch.... Boiled Veg and salmon

Dinner.... Veg and beef with gravy

Supper... Cherry Yogart (Yogart is great for trapped wind)

Will edit if incorrect.
Ps. Need to buy a banana soon. (for potassium and fibre)

Still losing and on correct basal, for now.
I'm no where near finished with losing and reducing both insulins either.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today I've had
B/fast... Muller light cranberry with raspberry yogart.
Lunch... Mackerel and cod (fishpie) 4 teaspoons.
Dinner.... ½weetabix with milk.

Liver dumping remedy will be a cherry muller light yogart. With Toujeo300 it is a great 5 or 6 on rising.

Editted to note... Fbg was 6.2

Reactions: Viv19 and ianpspurs

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I just say M&S King Cherries (black) are amazing! From Herefordshire. Best I've ever tasted. Very addictive though.

oooh cherries used to be an annual delight for me.
I would buy a punnet and eat it slowly, one cherry at a time, every 15 mins or so, throughout the day...
Only did it one day a year, and would pause the intake if my bg went too high, and paid the price in increased insulin resistance the next day, but I still loved every second of it.

Cherries are beautiful.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Nothing on @maglil55 s scale, but left the office at just the wrong moment today. Arrived home soggy and in dire need of a change of clothes/something warming.

Air fryer to the rescue - getting the hang of it now. Delicious brined chicken wings for dinner. That was the third meal of the day - hungry all day and BG has stayed low so went with it. Breakfast of bacon, eggs and grated cheese and lunch of M&S rollitos.

076B8D9C-54F3-4522-BF1F-DBA36DC0259A.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A momentous day today!
Out to eat with friends to The Fab Onion Ring Place
- and with the most incredible self control and denial, i resisted the onion rings. Not even a mouthful.
So i can look forward to not getting gluten inflamed knees for 3 weeks.

Feel triumphant! :D:D:D

Had the 10oz sirloin, and came home and snaffled some greek yog and cream for dessert.

:couchpotato::couchpotato::couchpotato:

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Hoping to get back to regular recording when I can but it may take a while to read back over so many posts!
Breakfast bacon,egg and one slice of Hilo toast
Lunch celery and small amount of cheese followed by half slice chocolate olive oil and cream
Dinner frittata and green salad followed by sf jelly a few berries and cream.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rollercoaster day otherwise but food nice and simple plus no cooking so a bonus there. B= tea and last of corned beef plus final antibiotic. Blood test then pottered around market and had a latte. Pottering seems to have been an error. Lunch was pilchard (in brine) salad and a very thin sliver of St Giles cheese. Evening meal was 2 h/b egg salad with chia seeds and a buttered flaxseed cracker. Not likely to make 6 litres of fluid today but may have some Fage 5% and raspberries later. Feel quite virtuous staying LC atm but Thursday may change that. Good to see you back @shelley262 @maglil55 Mand S cherries sound divine - Julie has settled for Waitrose Best of British ones. I/she may seek out the Mand S ones on Thursday.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A momentous day today!
Out to eat with friends to The Fab Onion Ring Place
- and with the most incredible self control and denial, i resisted the onion rings. Not even a mouthful.
So i can look forward to not getting gluten inflamed knees for 3 weeks.

Feel triumphant! :D:D:D

Had the 10oz sirloin, and came home and snaffled some greek yog and cream for dessert.

:couchpotato::couchpotato::couchpotato:

Brilliant! Rightly chuffed!

Reactions: Brunneria

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold garlic chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg and leafy salad with two orange rapture tomatoes and sweet pepper followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola and two squares of Montezuma orange and geranium chocolate, actually make that four squares! Typing that made me want more! Anyway it was a very welcome birthday pressie from a fellow low carber :happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I just say M&S King Cherries (black) are amazing! From Herefordshire. Best I've ever tasted. Very addictive though.

Did you make ‘earrings’ out of the double stalk ones? We always used to do that as children and I still have the temptation now to loop them over my ears!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CWC this morning
Lunch was a DD suggestion, though not so big a portion - egg butter, smoked salmon and avocado. 3 strawberries and cream afterwards.
Dinner was leftover beef au poivre from yesterday with cauli rice. Glass of red and a 30g lump of cheddar.
Managed to keep eating window to less than 6 hrs today which I was pleased about - normally I graze too much.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea, tea and more tea until about 2.30. Then I had 1 slice bacon, 2 slices black pudding and 2 fried eggs.
More tea followed, but not enough because I had GD again all day while her Mum was at work. She drank all the milk and wanted cuddles much of the time. Hot tea is unsafe in cuddling situations.

8 pm had a bowl of vegetable soup. Must have some more fluid before I go to bed.

Yesterday evening I had salmon and some salad. No 1 son had bought the fish for me in the supermarket and we both thought it was ordinary "fresh" salmon. It turned out to be "lightly smoked" salmon from Shetland. I don't like and never buy smoked salmon. But this had to be cooked according to the packet, so that's what I did. It was delicious! What a surprise.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Corned silverside and hot english mustard sandwiches.
Dinner: Steak, mushrooms, mashed spudlites and gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee so sugars, water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you make ‘earrings’ out of the double stalk ones? We always used to do that as children and I still have the temptation now to loop them over my ears!
That made me laugh and yes I used to do that too. There were no doubles in the box but I felt the need to buy another box today. I hesitated when I saw an even bigger box today for £5 but they were not the King Cherries so I stuck with the Kings and they are just as delicious as those from the first box.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs