Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not much to report here.
Woke at 4.9. foot on the floor number came up as 5.4.. (After falling out of bed & walking the dog.)
Not a jot of BG movement in the grand scheme of things. Oh, booked my van in for it's MOT.

Now prepping for a late shift at work..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to have 7 dogs for a couple of days :)
3 Of my own, the 2 regular sleep-over dogs and 2 extra's!
It's one big family, except for my old dog, 3 generations of the same family. Mona, the extra that started the family, 3 of her children (one of each of us owners), a granddaughter (mine) and a grandson (one of the regulars).

Got the phonecall 30 minutes ago, it's a 30 minute drive so they should be here any moment and pandemonium will break out :)

And yesterday I heard that the prospective owner of Naimah the foster-dog has decided she'll adopt, so foster-dog finally found her home!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to have 7 dogs for a couple of days :)
3 Of my own, the 2 regular sleep-over dogs and 2 extra's!
It's one big family, except for my old dog, 3 generations of the same family. Mona, the extra that started the family, 3 of her children (one of each of us owners), a granddaughter (mine) and a grandson (one of the regulars).

Got the phonecall 30 minutes ago, it's a 30 minute drive so they should be here any moment and pandemonium will break out :)

And yesterday I heard that the prospective owner of Naimah the foster-dog has decided she'll adopt, so foster-dog finally found her home!
Wow, 7 dogs?

I feel at times like the floor's moving with just the one..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon
Been catching up on all your antics over the weekend. Between customers and phone calls its taken me 2 hours lol.
Sugars and tec have been on best behavior this weekend

7 dogs! wow @Antje77. 20 odd years ago I went to Oz to help my brother with his dog kennels, he was going into hospital for an op. At 1 point I had 12 dogs to look after. All needed walking every day! 1st day I woke at 7am to walk them one by one and didnt finish until 10am by which time it was 40 degrees. Next day I set my alarm for 3am and started walking them in the dark and when it was nice and cool.

Reactions: Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
7 dogs! wow @Antje77. 20 odd years ago I went to Oz to help my brother with his dog kennels, he was going into hospital for an op. At 1 point I had 12 dogs to look after. All needed walking every day! 1st day I woke at 7am to walk them one by one and didnt finish until 10am by which time it was 40 degrees. Next day I set my alarm for 3am and started walking them in the dark and when it was nice and cool.
I'm the lazy dog owner with a big garden, so they mainly walk themselves :)
They are rather small dogs too (all family of the one in my neck in my profile pic), so there's still room for me, although we'll have to see how much room for me there will be in my bed tonight.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I bore everyone to death around me over photos and chit-chat about my dogs. Proud Mamma.
Same here. But my father was worse. He had no problem spending more than an hour on the phone telling me what his white rat had done this week, and what it thought and wanted, or how it was offended when it's morning tea (milk and sugar, no less) was half an hour late :hilarious:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Same here. But my father was worse. He had no problem spending more than an hour on the phone telling me what his white rat had done this week, and what it thought and wanted, or how it was offended when it's morning tea (milk and sugar, no less) was half an hour late :hilarious:
It just might be an inheritable trait. My father goes around rescuing spiders in the (Oz) house in the weeks before the pest controllers arrive.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It just might be an inheritable trait. My father goes around rescuing spiders in the (Oz) house in the weeks before the pest controllers arrive.
Haha, mine had this mice catching device in the kitchen where the mouse wasn't hurt when caught. If he caught one and it was raining he felt sorry for the mouse so he would set it free in the kitchen again.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Haha, mine had this mice catching device in the kitchen where the mouse wasn't hurt when caught. If he caught one and it was raining he felt sorry for the mouse so he would set it free in the kitchen again.
Wow. I really love you Dad although I've never met him. And that's the most incredible characterisation.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Drum role HBA1C down another point to 46. AND GOT THE LIBRE my two years self funding, micromanaging and HBA1C got me it. I am basically doing the job of a pump which would ultimately cost them more. And as I don’t want the pump it is a win for me.

@MeiChansky have been following your comments and the struggle you have been under. As others have said, employers look for determined people with life experiences and interesting stories to tell. (Husband used to recruit, he said many top class students had no nouse or get up and go!). As others have also said, we seldom end up in careers we started out in. Myself included -from an OND in Hotel and catering management to teaching assistant via school meals cook, motherhood, a counselling course to a assist with miscarriage support, market research and various jobs to just earn some cash. What I would say is you don’t seem happy in your course choice, which I am sure is having an impact on your mental health and diabetes management. If it isn’t right, ditch it and move on. Seize the day and don’t look in the past. Notch it up as another experience. (All good for future interviews). Sit and make 2 lists, one for staying on the course and the other a wish list of the direction you would love to go in. You mention things that you wanted to do but were discouraged from doing by your parents. You are an adult now the life choices should be yours. Nothing in the past is a failure it is part and parcel of what makes us. Good luck!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Drum role HBA1C down another point to 46. AND GOT THE LIBRE
emoji322.png
emoji322.png
emoji322.png
images

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Drum role HBA1C down another point to 46. AND GOT THE LIBRE my two years self funding, micromanaging and HBA1C got me it. I am basically doing the job of a pump which would ultimately cost them more. And as I don’t want the pump it is a win for me.

@MeiChansky have been following your comments and the struggle you have been under. As others have said, employers look for determined people with life experiences and interesting stories to tell. (Husband used to recruit, he said many top class students had no nouse or get up and go!). As others have also said, we seldom end up in careers we started out in. Myself included -from an OND in Hotel and catering management to teaching assistant via school meals cook, motherhood, a counselling course to a assist with miscarriage support, market research and various jobs to just earn some cash. What I would say is you don’t seem happy in your course choice, which I am sure is having an impact on your mental health and diabetes management. If it isn’t right, ditch it and move on. Seize the day and don’t look in the past. Notch it up as another experience. (All good for future interviews). Sit and make 2 lists, one for staying on the course and the other a wish list of the direction you would love to go in. You mention things that you wanted to do but were discouraged from doing by your parents. You are an adult now the life choices should be yours. Nothing in the past is a failure it is part and parcel of what makes us. Good luck!

Excellent stuff @becca59 , great figure and well done on getting the Libre.

Forgive me if I am prying any reason you dont want the pump. After 37 years of MDI I did not really fancy a pump and even after the first 2 months I was still not convinced. However i persevered made constant tiny adjustments and now a further 4 months later, I would not hand it back. It gives so much more control and flexibility. I have found that in conjuction with the Libre my figures are at their best ever at 48, just slightly higher than you, but that has been a 30% improvement over past 14 months

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Excellent stuff @becca59 , great figure and well done on getting the Libre.

Forgive me if I am prying any reason you dont want the pump. After 37 years of MDI I did not really fancy a pump and even after the first 2 months I was still not convinced. However i persevered made constant tiny adjustments and now a further 4 months later, I would not hand it back. It gives so much more control and flexibility. I have found that in conjuction with the Libre my figures are at their best ever at 48, just slightly higher than you, but that has been a 30% improvement over past 14 months

Both winner and agree on this and the pump. Well done @smc4761