Hi everyone

Hunnie-Bunnie

Hello all, Ihave been type 2 for 20 years but was rushed into hospital in March as I was constantly being sick and couldn't keep anything down they tested my levels and they were 31 and my ketones were 5!! They put me on Insulin 4 times a day with 4 blood tests which have now come down to 3. I struggle sometimes to get my levels down but am trying everyday,.

This seems a nice place to be, hope to meet like minded people!

Reactions: Arab Horse

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forums, lots of great support here. Best of luck with your recent challenges.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, Ihave been type 2 for 20 years but was rushed into hospital in March as I was constantly being sick and couldn't keep anything down they tested my levels and they were 31 and my ketones were 5!! They put me on Insulin 4 times a day with 4 blood tests which have now come down to 3. I struggle sometimes to get my levels down but am trying everyday,.

Hello @Hunnie-Bunnie,

So sorry to read about your being rushed to the hospital. I am sure this was very scary. How are feeling now?

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of knowledgeable, helpful and friendly people around. Have a read around and fire away if you have any questions.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the Forum. You will find some great advice here.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wELCOME, NICE TO MEET YOU.

sADLY MANY OF US STRUGGLE BUT WE HAVE TO KEEP TRYING. i AM A SKINNY T2 SO i STRUGGLE TO MANTAIN MY WEIGHT AS THE THINGS THAT WOULD PUT WEIGHT ON i CAN'T EAT. wHEN i HAD MY HIP REPLACEMENT IN fEBRUARY i WENT DOWN TO 6 AND A HALF STONE BUT BACK TO 7 NOW.
Apologies, cat tramping on keyboard and I was typing round her so didn't notice she had put caps lock on!!!

Reactions: ert

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi, and welcome!
If there's anything you want to know or ask about, shoot... I don't use insulin myself, diet controlled here (ketogenic diet). I just hope you'll feel better soon!
Jo

Barba_Rossa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about what you’ve been through recently. Hopefully with the help of the great people on this site it can be a turning point and the start of greater control. Keep smiling!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hello! Waves from the insulin using corner.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Welcome. Insulin is a tricky thing in the beginning, but it does become your friend.

Hunnie-Bunnie

Hello @Hunnie-Bunnie,

So sorry to read about your being rushed to the hospital. I am sure this was very scary. How are feeling now?

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of knowledgeable, helpful and friendly people around. Have a read around and fire away if you have any questions.

Much better now thank you, still getting used to it all but I will get there in the end xxx

Reactions: ziggy_w