Will IPCC pronouncement lead to more T2D

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Whaaa?
Who's the IPPC?
Why are they eating more vegetables?
Your post is devoid of any information.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Sorry,
Taking you for granted.

The International Panel on Climate Change wants us to eat far less meat and more grains and veg because it releases less carbon from soils.

It seems in the interests of the planet many of us in the process may have to be sacrificed on the 'cross' of T2D.
Don't get me wrong, I believe human induced climate change is occurring, but think the Vegan lobby are driving some of the arguments.
D.

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I'm not convinced human activity is driving climate change but I'm convinced neither way.
The climate has changed gently slowly severely rapidly again and again and it has never been anything to do with man .... suddenly we're told C02 is driving the climate.
I'm not convinced.

lindisfel

Expert
I'm not convinced human activity is driving climate change but I'm convinced neither way.
The climate has changed gently slowly severely rapidly again and again and it has never been anything to do with man .... suddenly we're told C02 is driving the climate.
I'm not convinced.
Well JTL, as they say, "that is a completely different kettle of fish!"

Personally, it's a subject I have read up on and discussed a lot and I am almost certain the majority of scientists are right.

regards
D.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds .... NASA
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I was a kid in the fifties and every kid had a sledge of wood and iron hung on the wall waiting for winter.
The winters were all about ice snow and frost and that's because from 1946 to 1972 was a cold period in climate change and was predicted by our science.
The next scientific prediction was that a warming trend would start in 1972 and winters would become ever milder until 2020.
Come 2020 we would be entering a cooling period when winters will come on suddenly and be harsher.
We are now more or less at 2020.
Will our science prove to be correct as it usually has been?
Climate change can be gradual and it can also come on rapidly as shown in the earths historical records of tree rings and sediments.
The small ice age that lasted from the 18th century to the 19th century when London froze famously every winter as did most of Northern Europe wasn't caused by mans activities and neither was the warming period that followed.
If you drill and take core samples at both polar regions we find that these places were thickly forested regions with bears wolves etc .... lots of life. The fact that the polar regions are now mostly dead and covered in masses of ice shows one thing ... it shows we are still in the remnants of the ice age .... it's never fully ended.
We are now about to enter a cooling period of harsher longer winters .... how long the cooling period lasts is arguable it would seem at the moment.
I'm getting the coal and logs in starting this week while I can still buy at summer prices .... bottled gas too as there is no mains gas in this area.
I have two large bottles outside my kitchen window plumbed in for cooking.
When the power cuts happen in winter as they do every winter here I have warmth and cooking facilities while those around the area who are all electric .... don't.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
There were two Davids constantly on the telly not too long back the other being Attenborough.
He's still on the telly but he stands by the global warming/climate change agenda of it's my fault.
Along with exaggeration and outright lies with no scientific basis as in .....
The BBC just backed off of a claim made by Attenborough in last week’s final episode of its Africa series that “some parts of the [African] continent have become 3.5C hotter in the past 20 years.” After a storm of protests questioning the scientific evidence of the claim, the BBC agreed the evidence is disputable and played loud music to drown out that portion of the program during its re-broadcast a few days later. Evidence actually indicates that since 1850 global temperatures have risen about 0.8C, they report, and the script for Attenborough’s program used a poorly documented and rather outlandish figure. The BBC said its own production team was responsible, not Attenborough.

https://answersingenesis.org/enviro...ge/climate-change-watershed-issue-two-davids/

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's a link that sets out the proposals re climate change and there is definitely a move to strongly persuade us all to become vegans. When there are very few animals left we will have no choice.

https://www.theccc.org.uk/wp-conten...and-preparing-for-climate-change-CCC-2018.pdf

And, yes in my view this will harm not only diabetics but the 50% of us who can't tolerate more than a small amount of soy. Ultimately it's about population reduction. I for one wouldn't last long on a vegan diet, I know because I have tried it twice.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
If everyone became vegan a third of the worlds food source would be cut out .... food from the oceans.
This would cause food shortages in many parts of the world.
It would also devastate Welsh farming and a lot in Scotland and many parts of England.
The land would become wasteland the buildings fall derelict and the families gone.
Village life would be devastated and as can be read on many alternative type websites people would be herded into ever growing cities .... only the very wealthy being able to live outside them and would have more control over us all than ever before.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The land will be used to plant trees and produce bio fuels...according to the link I quoted.

Yes it will devastate farming and village communities. Yes it will reduce the world's food supplies and in turn reduce population. That's the plan. You are so right, it will favour the very rich, but that's the plan because they are the ones paying for the fake science and conning the rest of us that vegan diets are healthier.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Remember too that when the livestock is dead there will be no gping back and this is proposed to start in 18 months time.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
The land will be used to plant trees and produce bio fuels...according to the link I quoted.

Yes it will devastate farming and village communities. Yes it will reduce the world's food supplies and in turn reduce population. That's the plan. You are so right, it will favour the very rich, but that's the plan because they are the ones paying for the fake science and conning the rest of us that vegan diets are healthier.
Most grazing land will only grow grass that's why it's grazingh land.
Won't grow veg and very very little of it will grow trees ... I live out here and in many places the rock is not far below the grass.
Georgia Guidestones or The American Stonehenge >>>>>>

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I know about grazing land, it still won't stop them killing off cows 'because of their burps' though.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I read an interesting post on the Not a Lot of People Know That blog by Paul Homewood where Goldsmiths University in London has announced plans to ban the sale of beef at its campus canteens, as part of a "major drive" to become a carbon neutral organisation by 2026.
Now a couple of points spring to mind. Firstly, cows are vegans, are they not. They eat only a vegetable diet and as a by-product put out quantities of noxious gases. So I feel that it will be necessary to abolish veganism as the vegan diet clearly is a contributor to any climate change, if it's happening at all. It's one reason why I always stand upwind of them.
Secondly, the woman behind this (and the banning of beef is only a small part of the changes she is forcing upon the students) announced that her background was as a "fashion activist", whatever that might be. We might have to force feed all vegans and vegetarians with steaks.
Thirdly, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is 0.0314% and yet no one has ever proved scientifically that CO2 drives changes in the climate. All the "evidence" to that effect is drawn from computer models. Which is why so many alleged scientists can confidently predict that by 2080 or 2090 or some other date plucked out of the air dreadful changes will have occurred. On top of that no one will be around to hold them up to ridicule in 2080, pointing out that their apocalyptic predictions were all nonsense. After all, they can't forecast next week's weather with 100 % certainty, so anything much beyond that is little more than guesswork.
And lastly, if we should all be exchanging our cars for electric, stop burning oil in our home heating systems, rely on wind turbines for our energy needs to reduce CO2, surely there is one much simpler way. Every bubble in every fizzy soft drink is pure CO2, and there are billions of cans sold daily worldwide. Just ban Coke, Pepsi, and every other fizzy soft drink (and champagne) and the problem is solved.
Donations to my campaign will be welcomed;)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi
I have started something.:)

I think Vegans will use whatever arguments they can.
There were no vegans when the Neanderthals lived through the last ice age.
They are irrelevant in a climate discussion.

Biofuels are an obscenity Zand when children starve to death.

Co2 has been a moderator gas during Earth's history. If goes up the temperature of Earth goes up and also the opposite.

The Ice ages were caused by the Malenkovitch cycles and not the CO2, although there was a delayed Co2 response when the temperature went down and up.

Your statement about CO2 distorts the facts, Billb but it's not your fault.
During Ice ages the CO2 drops to 180 p.p.m.
In pre industrial times and the interglacials it was c.280 p.p.m.
Now it is over 400 p.p.m. due to man. releasing millions of years of carbon sink.
p.p.m. is parts per million.
If it drops much below 180 some plants stop growing.
CO2 is a finely balanced moderator gas, it is vital to keep earths temperature stable, it has to be the right value, we change it at our peril.

D.

Last edited: