ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I feel that the article is just re-stating the obvious - that too high or too low a value for all normal things in your bloodstream is not good for you.
There have been several studies which have shown that when you consider all cause mortality rathe than just Cardio Vascular causes, that higher than the recommended LDL cholesterol is actually (probably since they live longer) beneficial in the over 60's.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I don’t know if it’s just me, but your link won’t open :(
Shame I was interested to read that.
The link worked for me when I used copy & paste. That like you, not by clicking on it.

Reactions: Rachox

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the abstract of the article itself it doesn't mention how the lower HbA1c levels were achieved in those with T2 and in fact talking about "diabetes" without mentioning type is worrying for a start.
As studies have shown over-medicating T2's to low HbA1c levels is not a great idea.. achieving it through dietary changes seems however to bring multiple benefits.

Reactions: ert

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the abstract of the article itself it doesn't mention how the lower HbA1c levels were achieved in those with T2 and in fact talking about "diabetes" without mentioning type is worrying for a start.
As studies have shown over-medicating T2's to low HbA1c levels is not a great idea.. achieving it through dietary changes seems however to bring multiple benefits.
i think must get another source to make sure it

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel that the article is just re-stating the obvious - that too high or too low a value for all normal things in your bloodstream is not good for you.
There have been several studies which have shown that when you consider all cause mortality rathe than just Cardio Vascular causes, that higher than the recommended LDL cholesterol is actually (probably since they live longer) beneficial in the over 60's.
Agree

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Statistical studies should be around a hypothesis based on a scientific idea. There is no biochemistry argument here as far as I can see.