ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
In my head, I'm in remission. Does that count?

Reactions: annie-p

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've applied, lets see what happens.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No restrictions, but like most market research they will choose people to get a blance of age, sex, income, socal class, etc. It only takes a few minutes to do the first stage of the process, so, there is little to lose.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I’ve responded too will see what happens

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my head, I'm in remission. Does that count?

I feel I’m in remission. I thought I’m the only one feeling that way. I have to inject insulin and my diet is restricted but I don’t feel I have a disease and management is relatively easy so far (hopefully it will stay that way). I keep my bs in normal range then I can say my type 1 diabetes is in remission???

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I feel I’m in remission. I thought I’m the only one feeling that way. I have to inject insulin and my diet is restricted but I don’t feel I have a disease and management is relatively easy so far (hopefully it will stay that way). I keep my bs in normal range then I can say my type 1 diabetes is in remission???
Wow. You understand. Hug. That's exactly how I feel. I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

Reactions: michita

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. You understand. Hug. That's exactly how I feel. I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

I feel low carbing is beneficial especially for adult onset type 1s. I’m due to test my c-peptide and antibodies again. It’ll be interesting to see the results. Any beta cell regeneration?? But after 3 years my low carb routine is not so strict and my basal is up... so maybe no regeneration but yes I’m in remission so far according to my definition of remission :-D

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, you can't because you are still taking insulin. A disease or medical condition is only in remission if you no longer need to take any medication to control it.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, you can't because you are still taking insulin. A disease or medical condition is only in remission if you no longer need to take any medication to control it.

You must be right :) but I feel like I’m in remission and that must be a good thing :-D I’m really sorry @ringi for derailing your topic.... I hope lots of people will participate in the interview. It’s sounds exciting and I look forward to a positive outcome

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think they are deciding who they will invite to take park on Monday, hence put your name forward soon if you wish to take part.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got an email back today asking more details about actions recommended and taken since diagnosis and levels. Now waiting on a call to tell me if I’ve been “selected”. No mention of decision dates that I recall but they are doing the interviews end of August/early September.

TrevorJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in remission. I only took metformin 2x , but now I just watch what I eat and exercise and my blood sugar is at normal levels.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been accepted for the study. Interview on Wednesday night. Anyone else taking part?