Hello from Cumbria

mealsgateboys

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello my name is Paul and I have type 2, my Husband has type 1 and has been diabetic since 1967 (He has a medal) We live in Cumbria and have been together for 40 years. I am a musician and my husband is a Support worker. We both love gardening and are kept very busy with a lot of hedge cutting....

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am rather busy with music these days, now that I am feeling better.
I used to do a lot of gardening, but the garden here is really small, and there just isn't enough space.
Have you been diagnosed long?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello my name is Paul and I have type 2, my Husband has type 1 and has been diabetic since 1967 (He has a medal) We live in Cumbria and have been together for 40 years. I am a musician and my husband is a Support worker. We both love gardening and are kept very busy with a lot of hedge cutting....
Hello Paul,

Welcome to the forum. :) Two different types under one roof, must be interesting during meal-times! I see in your profile you take quite a bit of medication. Do you want to try something different (for quite a few of us going low carb meant remission), or just want to meet your tribe? :)

In any case, have a read around, and if you have questions, throw them out there. There's usually someone around with answers. Actually, more commonly it's multiple someones and a LOT of not-always-agreeing answers, haha. :)
Have a great day,
Jo

Reactions: jjraak

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hello, ello, ello. And welcome. To the both of you. And a medal for diabetes. That's no mean feat.

Reactions: Antje77

mealsgateboys

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am rather busy with music these days, now that I am feeling better.
I used to do a lot of gardening, but the garden here is really small, and there just isn't enough space.
Have you been diagnosed long?

I think about 4 years but Im controlling it well so Ive been told by me doc.

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the club. I've had type 1 since 1959 - 60 years! But that's no big deal. I have been fit and well for all of that time until recently and now have a heart problem. Waiting for an operation to replace my aortic valve. The cardiologists say the cause is age as opposed to diabetes but I'm not so sure. I'm 76 so not completely over the hill.

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the club. I've had type 1 since 1959 - 60 years! But that's no big deal. I have been fit and well for all of that time until recently and now have a heart problem. Waiting for an operation to replace my aortic valve. The cardiologists say the cause is age as opposed to diabetes but I'm not so sure. I'm 76 so not completely over the hill.
Forgot to say I live in Cumbria as well. Kendal to be exact though I hail from a London suburb.

mealsgateboys

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you get a medal ?

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Hello Paul and welcome. You've found the right place for support, advice and often recipes!
Are you testing and recording what you're eating to discover what you can tolerate? I don't know much about type 1 although all my maternal uncles had it but it was years ago. My Mum and her sisters were type 2 and on insulin. I try very hard to keep to LCHF but some days I struggle (like today) but I always find support and welcome here, so look around the forums even if you don't post but please let us know how you are doing. I've never heard of a medal for diabetes I'm intrigued!

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
Hi Paul and welcome from Canada, though I did live in the Lake District (nr Coniston) for about 6 months and visited many times over many years. Questions, information for us, helping each other...this is the place to be. Music and gardening? Not so much.