Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
FishingForSouls said:
I seem to remember that under a different regime to question the moderators was a hanging offence? Also, if I could ask the moderators (admin) to check for multiple user names among some of the posters on this thread. If the moderators (admin) would like to PM me I could supply the suspect usernames.

I assume your name would be among them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
candy1567 said:
i for one am sick at all of the bickering so now will go back to managing my diabete

Candy - don't go.

What is happening here is on the cholesterol/fat thread that is now blocked an the original poster asked a question about eating fat and having high cholesterol. I believe that was a genuine question, but unfortunately the poster walked into a major area of contention.

But let's not forget; they were asking about it in a low carb thread and the initial responses where setting out that the orthodoxy was not something that many of the original responders (including me) were comfortable with.

The thread went the usual way of these threads when first Noblehead (who put forward the orthodox view quite fairly) and then this new member Albert joined in. From then on the topic descended into very very boring and unhelpful spouting of the whole tired old disagreement, which did absolutely nothing to help the original poster.

It strikes me that people, like ka-mon and a number of others, who are opposed to those that question orthodoxy do so in a completely unnecessarily aggressive way whilst also claiming that they are being bullied/ridiculed/undermined by 'others'. The exchange between ka-mon and Candy is exactly the case in point.

ka-mon started this thread about this forum saying ' what is going on in this forum?' and when Candy replied this is his/her/it's response "If you don't feel like you have been offended and you don't like such thread as as this then why not just stay out of it?" . Nicely done there; inclusive, supportive, discursive...

So, Candy - stick around if you respond to this aggression by leaving then nothing positive has been achieved.

Best

Dillinger

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
candy1567 said:
do u know wat Ka-mon i had just started to reply to u sayin that i agrees with wat u had posted, but its not worth it

but here we go again

i for one am sick at all of the bickering so now will go back to managing my diabetes and will now go and find a support group who actually do that and support without the need of referee's and boxing gloves

Admin, mods or whoever i need to ask, delete my profile

1 down, how many to go

thanks to all those who have helped me in the past, onto pastures new, or i might just start buyin books and researching myself its so much easier and less conflict

My reply to you was intentional to see what you would feel like if someone was to insult you but the funny thing is that I did not insult you at all. I replied in the same tone as you replied to me and you still felt upset enough to ask admin to delete your profile.

My intention in starting this thread was not to upset anyone to an extend that they would leave the forum and go elsewhere. The intention was make admin/mods aware of my/our frustration of having to read insulting posts and locked threads with nothing being done to "punish" the perpetrator/s.

The way I replied to you and some of the others was intentional in order to see how you would react to being put under pressure. From what I can see, none of you like it but still come to this thread and make comments about throwing toys out of prams. Maybe now you all have an idea how others in worse situations feel and have some understanding to their frustration/s and anger at being insulted at every opportunity.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If the member in question is throwing insults, he/she will be dealt with appropriate - whether that's a ban or suspension/warning. All you have to do when you see something like that is click on the 'Report this post' icon and it'll be flagged up for the mod/admin team.

@Ka-mon - it's not a free for all, it's a free platform. If you see insults, please let us know - it's hard, as you'll know, to check each and every post - so a little assistance does go a long way. Genuinely, if you feel some members are stepping out of line, let me know and I'll look at them duly. Quite honestly, with such a large community, we welcome all the help we can get.

When it comes to other blogs, it's only because they're posted here that they get any publicity - but when it comes to entertaining them, we're not interested. In our opinion, it is better to live in peace than in bitterness and anger; as it appears these other characters are. So, if you can help us create a peaceful environment here, please do!

If people choose to leave because of these rogues, so be it. But we'd urge them to stay - as it's one of those age old cases where we just need to get on with it. By all means, though, flag up posts/users you think are offensive/suspicious.

The forum has come a long way over the last 4-8 weeks, with everyone's continued help, it'll become a stronger and varied community.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The forum has come a long way over the last 4-8 weeks, with everyone's continued help, it'll become a stronger and varied community.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Administrator said:
If the member in question is throwing insults, he/she will be dealt with appropriate - whether that's a ban or suspension/warning. All you have to do when you see something like that is click on the 'Report this post' icon and it'll be flagged up for the mod/admin team.

@Ka-mon - it's not a free for all, it's a free platform. If you see insults, please let us know - it's hard, as you'll know, to check each and every post - so a little assistance does go a long way. Genuinely, if you feel some members are stepping out of line, let me know and I'll look at them duly. Quite honestly, with such a large community, we welcome all the help we can get.

Well then let me start by pointing out Dillinger's post two above yours where he claims that I and others are "opposed to those that question orthodoxy do so in a completely unnecessarily aggressive way". I am in no way against any diet anyone chooses to follow, it's up to the individual person what they choose. I chose my own diet and allow others, without any criticism the same courtesy and find Dillingers baseless accusations against me to be deliberate, unnecessary and very insulting in an attempt to discredit me. And I'd like to know what you intend on doing about it?

When it comes to other blogs, it's only because they're posted here that they get any publicity - but when it comes to entertaining them, we're not interested. In our opinion, it is better to live in peace than in bitterness and anger; as it appears these other characters are. So, if you can help us create a peaceful environment here, please do!

Yes, so do I and hence why I started this thread but as you can see there are those who hate to live in peace and deliberately go out of their way to insult, disrupt and cause upset without any provocation whatsoever. :roll: :roll:

If people choose to leave because of these rogues, so be it. But we'd urge them to stay - as it's one of those age old cases where we just need to get on with it. By all means, though, flag up posts/users you think are offensive/suspicious.

I don't want any one to leave Admin, that is not my intention and has never been, I just want to know what's going on and why insults are not dealt with accordingly. Like yourself, I just want to help and be helped in peace, like it should be and not be scared that I would be criticized and or belittled and insulted every time I want to post something that may be useful to someone.

Let me again reiterate quite clearly that in no way shape or forum do I have anything against any diet/method that individuals choose to control their diabetes but I do very much have something against being insulted and baseless accusations against myself from know long time trouble makers and ask that you as Admin do something about it.

Yes I do know how hard it is to moderate a large forum such as this but when a complaint has been made against an insulting member I also expect something to be done about it even if it's only a warning instead of a complete ban. And I believe I have done that now twice, once by starting this thread and secondly by complaining about Dillinger and would really like to see something done about both.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I go on a LOT of self regulating forums, and I'd bet the average age on those forums are much lower than the average age here.

They don't need people to dish out punishment - so why should we?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Patch said:
I go on a LOT of self regulating forums, and I'd bet the average age on those forums are much lower than the average age here.

They don't need people to dish out punishment - so why should we?

It has nothing to do with age Patch, it's all about "self regulating" oneself...which some are very obviously are incapable of no matter how old they are. It is a hurtful reality that some go backwards in age as they get older and revert to playground tactics they must have been so good at when they were in kindergarden. Someone on this thread called it "infantile", how right that person was!

Without regulations and punishment all you'll have is an out of control anarchy, like it was a couple of years ago in this very forum, it's not what we want to go back to, is it?

Grazer

I bet if people were talking to each other, rather than writing, they'd never speak in this way. Let's try imagining the person you're replying to is in front of you when you respond.
Malc

WhitbyJet

The world is big enough for all of us, a difference of opinion is permitted and invites debate, often backed up by evidence and statistics from both sides. It is up to the individual to then sort the wheat from the chaff, decide whats right for them.
Provide the information, all you have, discuss, agree to disagree, but dont become obsessed and angry. Above all remember there are real people sitting there at the other side of your screen, be curteous to each other.
I have been a lurker of this forum for some time before I registered so have observed some pretty nasty things in here, though must admit I never understood what it was all about. It is only when I joined the forum that I became aware of the 2 blogs that people kept mentioning on here; a forum member sent me aa PM with links to both blogs, I was astounded to find that I have been subject to discussion on one of those blogs.
I have placed a comment on one of the blogs as it was in relation to a newspaper article of a fellow member of this forum.
I certainly will not comment on any diabetes related blog again, I dont follow any of these blogs, not that obsessed with diabetes. If people want to discuss me behind my back, they are free to do so, they dont know me from Adam. There is some gall either side, but why, its not necessary, best way not to feed into it. stay clear.
I have found moderators to be friendly and helpful, thanks.
My 2c worth.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

malcysykes1 said:
I bet if people were talking to each other, rather than writing, they'd never speak in this way. Let's try imagining the person you're replying to is in front of you when you respond.
Malc

Maybe just as well that we are not facing each other in real Malc because it is in the nature of those who like to insult others to be completely in charge and can and do turn violent when they don't get their own way. That's how fights start in the real world in the first place, all it takes is one person in a pub (for example but not only) to insult someone then all hell breaks loose if no one is there to "regulate" the situation. It's in the main and local news daily, most of the time reports are of many scuffles where every time someone gets seriously hurt. So really, it's best to sort it out here than in real life, don't think anyone wants to end up on the news either as the "aggressor" or as the "victim".

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all - going to lock the thread just before 5pm - just a head's up

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If people want to discuss me behind my back, they are free to do so, they dont know me from Adam.
I agree in part, and try to ignore it but it's gone on for far too long.
Sadly there has been a degree of internet stalking involved and this has certainly made me feel rather threatened I was extremely wary of linking on here to my just giving page when I ran for the JDFR because of the link to my real name.
Sometimes I fell the best solution is to leave forum, quite often I bin answers but that isn't a good answer either.
What a sad state of affairs :(

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Oh good grief..what a palaver! :roll:

I bet the very people that have caused all the fuss and bother that led to this post are sitting back and loving the mayhem they have created, talk about playing right into their hands!

Ok i don't know anything about these blogs apart from what I have heard about here. I have no interest in them and the mere fact that they are obviously doing their absolute best to wind people up here seems like a pretty **** good reason not to read them!

If folks want to react to what has been written then go for it but this is not the place to do it.

To be honest, I don't see why you felt that you had to make this post Ka-mon although of course it is your perfect right to do so. If you have a problem with anyone being insulting or moderator actions then surely the right thing to do is to contact them by PM? What is to be gained by making this public?

Nothing that I can see apart from unfortunately giving those that wish to cause trouble more power to their elbow and I'm sure that nobody wants that.

S*d them. Leave them to their apparently vile ramblings..if they haven't got an audience, then they haven't achieved anything.

For what it's worth, I don't think Candy wanted to leave because of this post in particular, more to do with the fact that this subject keeps rearing it's ugly head repeatedly and it does not belong on the forum.

I too am fed up with the bickering but sure as heck wouldn't let it push me away from a place where I have had great help and support!

So, I'm here to stay. If anyone wants to put their tupeence worth about me in a blog feel free..I couldn't give a rats behind. And I think that probably goes for the majority of us.

Onward and upward people. :wink: :D

minitata

Patch said:

My thoughts too. I know nothing about the blogs: I've never visited them, don't even know where to find them, nor do I wish to. That's why when people start on the business of 'insulted on other blogs' I can't understand what it has to do with whatever is being posted on this forum.

MTT

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Some of you still don't get it, do you?

This thread is NOT about the other infantile and vile blog, it's about aggressive members insulting other members of this forum IN THIS FORUM only because they do not heal to the wishes of those whose only aim is to force others through intimidation in THIS FORUM to heal to their demands.

Let me say that again, it's about members being insulted directly in this forum by members who then carry on with their insults on that other stupid and vile blog. I don't give a **** what the idiots write in that vile blog but I am complaining about the way people are intimidated, insulted and the lies spread by certain members of this forum in this forum. i:e Dillinger claiming that I and others are against whatever he and the likes of him and how they decide to control their own diabetes. I am not against any diet whatsoever, everyone is free to do as they wish, if they harm themselves through their own choice it will not harm me in any way. So what can I have anything against something that will in no way harm me? It's their choice and they are free to do whatever they wish, just like the rest of us who have decided what's best for us.

Hopefully I have made myself more clear this time. And remember please that I am complaining about the insults that are dished out in this forum and NOT in any other blog/forum by members who happen to also spread lies and insult members of this forum in that other blog.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

I have replied to Dillinger's wild and unfounded accusations about me twice asking him to either supply proof or apologise but both postings have been deleted or mysteriously disappeared into thin air.

Am I now not allowed to defend myself either and Dillinger is allowed to post wild accusations and insults at will without any fear of his posts being deleted or at least amended?

Is this how it's going to be in this forum from now on, one sided? If that's the case then maybe us "high-carbers" should be asked to leave and let the low-carbers run wild in the forum like it was a couple of years ago! :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

One more thing:

Dillinger PM'ed me with his usual insults, I replied challenging him to prove his accusations here in this blog out in the open but it seems that he has decided to go hide in a dark place and wait for the thread to be locked around 5pm.

I also warned him that I would publish any further PMs from him here in the thread for everyone to read and make their own minds up as to who the aggressor is and yes, you guessed it, although it's been nearly an hour he still hasn't replied, just as I told him he wouldn't. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grazer

[Hopefully I have made myself more clear this time. And remember please that I am complaining about the insults that are dished out in this forum and NOT in any other blog/forum by members who happen to also spread lies and insult members of this forum in that other blog.)

THINK I got it, it's about this forum not that blog/forum regarding lies about this forum in that other blog.
Or was it lies about that blog in that forum by this forum ....just clarify again??
Don't worry, just having a laugh. That'll probably upset people too.
:( :?:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

malcysykes1 said:
[Hopefully I have made myself more clear this time. And remember please that I am complaining about the insults that are dished out in this forum and NOT in any other blog/forum by members who happen to also spread lies and insult members of this forum in that other blog.)

THINK I got it, it's about this forum not that blog/forum regarding lies about this forum in that other blog.
Or was it lies about that blog in that forum by this forum ....just clarify again??
Don't worry, just having a laugh. That'll probably upset people too.
:( :?:

Trust you to confuse me even more Malc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.