Insulin sensitivity improvement

Barba_Rossa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great work. You’re a real inspiration to people at the start of this journey.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling very chuffed today. Got the results of my second ever Insulin Resistance test and in 9 months while HBA1C has remained constant, there has been a significant improvement in insulin sensitivity, which gives me confidence that keto is helping to address the underlying cause of my type 2.

In November 2018, fasting insulin was 13.1 with insulin resistance 2.9.

Today fasting insulin is 5.5 and insulin resistance is 1.1.

The scale is below for reference.

1 = insulin sensitive

Above 1.9 = early insulin resistance

Above 2.9 = significant insulin resistance

Absolutely fabulous results and well deserved, @Goonergal.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic results. I’m impressed to hear keto has achieved so much in the background of stable hb1ac

I recently had the same tests cancelled by medichecks and refunded as they won’t do insulin tests by post now. Did you take it into the London lab? Or have they again changed the policy?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic results. I’m impressed to hear keto has achieved so much in the background of stable hb1ac

I recently had the same tests cancelled by medichecks and refunded as they won’t do insulin tests by post now. Did you take it into the London lab? Or have they again changed the policy?

I understand the reason they cancelled the test is that the fasting insulin sample needs to be kept below 21 degrees. I expect they will be available as soon as the weather cools down again. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks. I went to the London lab and they drew the blood. Luckily that’s an easy option for me. I know some others have persuaded friendly NHS phlebotomists to fill the Medichecks vials for them.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I went to the London lab and they drew the blood. Luckily that’s an easy option for me. I know some others have persuaded friendly NHS phlebotomists to fill the Medichecks vials for them.
That was my plan, but medichecks last month wouldn’t allow either vial to be posted back due to temperatures. I did aski if they would resume once the weather cooled but at that point it seemed doubtful.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ziggy_w and how lovely to hear from you. Haven’t seen you around for a while. Hope all is ok.

I am fine, thanks for asking, @Goonergal. Have just been a bit busy with work. Am on semester break right now, so hope to get back to posting a bit more.

How are you doing? I imagine you are quite busy too. Btw, congrats on your truly impressive results -- don't imagine that most "normal" people our age will get a score this good.