Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Ka-Mon,

This is not in any one's interest; this is just the sort of thing that puts people off from posting, which is why I sent you a pm further addressing the way you spoke to Candy 1567 and which I explained to you in the pm.

Now, I have no idea what you are talking/ranting about now.

What 'usual insults' do you mean? What 'unfounded accusations' are you talking about? I don't think we have ever spoken before?

Have a look at my original comment; I quoted your post to Candy 1567 where you said; "If you don't feel like you have been offended and you don't like such thread as as this then why not just stay out of it?" I did that as an example of what I felt was unnecessarily aggressive responses to people like Candy and me and many others who question the orthodoxy of low fat high carb approaches. You even went so far as to agree with Candy that your post was insulting...

I note that your posting to Candy 1567 has now been removed from the thread, which is probably for the best.

Now you are claiming what? I don't know, I am truly perplexed by your posts and by your pm's to me; they don't make any sense, but so be it.

Like I said; this is doing no one any favours. I think these sorts of exchanges should be kept to pm's but if you insist on bringing them into the open then fine; but let's move on shall we?

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

I think Admin's first post helps people to understand. The words inconsiderate, stupid. deranged and selfish, (Admin's words), applied to the poster that started all this off are very apt and really should bring it home to members why this poster causes offence. He seems to have extensive problems.

His frustration seems to stem from not being able to discuss things in a rational way. He cannot seem to understand why people will not listen to him as he has found a method that works for him to manage his diabetes and he thinks that it will work for everyone else. He can see the Emperor's new clothes, why can't you?

He has enough insight to know that he cannot overstep the mark here so he goes onto the offending Blog and rants and raves and resorts to name calling about the people who do not share his views. He sees them as enemies and idiots rather than people with an opinion and who are equally entitled to their views here.

We have all met someone who thinks they know what is best for us and whilst this might have been acceptable when we were children, we are grown up now and can make our own decisions.

Some people never grow up and remain the spoilt brat they were as a child and when they cannot get their own way they revert to name calling. They think that this will work in adulthood but they meet their match and do not know how to deal with it.

Thank your lucky stars that we are meeting in a virtual setting, verbal abuse is not nice but when you know where it is coming from then you can feel sorry for people who behave like this. They obviously have anti-social problems and anger management issues. Physical assaults could leave people with some nasty injuries.

As for name calling on the "Bile Blog, I have been mentioned time and time again. I am just thankful that these cretins are not in my personal life.

Unless you are involved in this then you will not see the hints and innuendos that are in some posts as it will go over your head.

ally5555

Catherine - you and I both!

It is amazing to me that they can post what they like and expect people to be civil to them over here.
Quite frankly anyone who gets involved with that filthy and disgusting blog should not be allowed here - they have all ridiculed DMUk
Ally

I don’t’ wish to get personal but the blustering aggressive nature of some of the posts on this thread nicely illustrate what has gone wrong with the Forum.

It is extremely difficult to find posts with something positive and helpful messages from some of the posters. May I suggest stepping back from the PC, go for a walk or a cup of tea and reflect on the needs of the newly diagnosed diabetics.

ally5555

to be honest if you have looked at the blog and the one he closed down which was even worse then maybe you could understand why some of us are angry!

This is soap box topic!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Catherine - is it the language, or the sentiment that upsets you? Because your last post is a direct attack on the people you are referring to. Although the language is not offensive, it is extremely patronising:

CC said:
...He seems to have extensive problems.

...His frustration seems to stem from not being able to discuss things in a rational way.
...He cannot seem to understand why people will not listen to him as he has found a method that works for him to manage his diabetes and he thinks that it will work for everyone else.
...He can see the Emperor's new clothes, why can't you?

...Some people never grow up and remain the spoilt brat they were as a child and when they cannot get their own way they revert to name calling.
...They think that this will work in adulthood but they meet their match and do not know how to deal with it.

...you can feel sorry for people who behave like this.
...They obviously have anti-social problems and anger management issues.

...I am just thankful that these cretins are not in my personal life.

I'm not sticking up for 'em (I don't even know who they are), but you are fanning the flames by making statements like that.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Dillinger said:
Ka-Mon,

This is not in any one's interest; this is just the sort of thing that puts people off from posting, which is why I sent you a pm further addressing the way you spoke to Candy 1567 and which I explained to you in the pm.

Now, I have no idea what you are talking/ranting about now.

What 'usual insults' do you mean? What 'unfounded accusations' are you talking about? I don't think we have ever spoken before?

Have a look at my original comment; I quoted your post to Candy 1567 where you said; "If you don't feel like you have been offended and you don't like such thread as as this then why not just stay out of it?" I did that as an example of what I felt was unnecessarily aggressive responses to people like Candy and me and many others who question the orthodoxy of low fat high carb approaches. You even went so far as to agree with Candy that your post was insulting...

I note that your posting to Candy 1567 has now been removed from the thread, which is probably for the best.

Now you are claiming what? I don't know, I am truly perplexed by your posts and by your pm's to me; they don't make any sense, but so be it.

Like I said; this is doing no one any favours. I think these sorts of exchanges should be kept to pm's but if you insist on bringing them into the open then fine; but let's move on shall we?

Typical of you Dillinger trying to wiggle your way out of the predicament you got yourself in to. I've reposted your comments where you accuse me of being "opposed to those that question orthodoxy do so in a completely unnecessarily aggressive way" that has nothing whatsoever with my reply to Candy, which by the way I have explained that it was a "test" to make realise what others, including myself, feel like when insulted by aggressors who deliberately go out of their way to to cause disruption and mayhem in this forum and other blogs/forums.

And here you are now playing the innocent victim, you are just like I mentioned you a
would in my reply to your PM.

Now than, are you going to supply any proof to your unfounded and insulting allegations that I am in any way "opposed to those that question orthodoxy do so in a completely unnecessarily aggressive way" or are you going into hiding until the thread is locked like I imagine you would?

BTW, I highlighted your insulting accusation in BIG LETTERS and RED color so that you can't claim you can't see it. :wink:

You have been very aggressive towards many members in the past and now you are trying the same with me. :roll: As I mentioned in my PM to you, unless you have proof that I am against your beliefs than prove it or apologise here in the thread openly so that everyone can see it.

If you refuse or can't prove your accusations then everyone will know that you are the aggressor and that you spread unfounded lies about members of this forum.

How about it, are you man enough to stand up to the challenge or are you going to hide in the closet again until the thread is locked?

Dillinger said:
candy1567 said:
i for one am sick at all of the bickering so now will go back to managing my diabete

Candy - don't go.

What is happening here is on the cholesterol/fat thread that is now blocked an the original poster asked a question about eating fat and having high cholesterol. I believe that was a genuine question, but unfortunately the poster walked into a major area of contention.

But let's not forget; they were asking about it in a low carb thread and the initial responses where setting out that the orthodoxy was not something that many of the original responders (including me) were comfortable with.

The thread went the usual way of these threads when first Noblehead (who put forward the orthodox view quite fairly) and then this new member Albert joined in. From then on the topic descended into very very boring and unhelpful spouting of the whole tired old disagreement, which did absolutely nothing to help the original poster.

It strikes me that people, like ka-mon and a number of others, who are opposed to those that question orthodoxy do so in a completely unnecessarily aggressive way whilst also claiming that they are being bullied/ridiculed/undermined by 'others'. The exchange between ka-mon and Candy is exactly the case in point.

ka-mon started this thread about this forum saying ' what is going on in this forum?' and when Candy replied this is his/her/it's response "If you don't feel like you have been offended and you don't like such thread as as this then why not just stay out of it?" . Nicely done there; inclusive, supportive, discursive...

So, Candy - stick around if you respond to this aggression by leaving then nothing positive has been achieved.

Best

Dillinger

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Dillinger said:
I did that as an example of what I felt was unnecessarily aggressive responses to people like Candy and me and many others who question the orthodoxy of low fat high carb approaches.

What is this orthodoxy of low fat high carb approaches that you speak, I only ever hear this said by low carbers, Ive certainly never ever mentioned a low fat high carb diet.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Patch said:
Catherine - is it the language, or the sentiment that upsets you? Because your last post is a direct attack on the people you are referring to. Although the language is not offensive, it is extremely patronising:

CC said:
...He seems to have extensive problems.

...His frustration seems to stem from not being able to discuss things in a rational way.
...He cannot seem to understand why people will not listen to him as he has found a method that works for him to manage his diabetes and he thinks that it will work for everyone else.
...He can see the Emperor's new clothes, why can't you?

...Some people never grow up and remain the spoilt brat they were as a child and when they cannot get their own way they revert to name calling.
...They think that this will work in adulthood but they meet their match and do not know how to deal with it.

...you can feel sorry for people who behave like this.
...They obviously have anti-social problems and anger management issues.

...I am just thankful that these cretins are not in my personal life.

I'm not sticking up for 'em (I don't even know who they are), but you are fanning the flames by making statements like that.

Patch, what Catherine has said about those trouble makers describes them down to a T. How many arguments have you yourself had in this forum Patch, dod you like being attacked or were upset by what others said about you and did you reply in kind? Or did you never have any problems here at all?

BTW, I didn't see you comment on Admin's comments, maybe you missed it? If so, here is the (just) the beginning of his post whic BTW was repeated by Catherine.

Re: What is going on in this forum?

Postby catherinecherub » 28 minutes ago
I think Admin's first post helps people to understand. The words inconsiderate, stupid. deranged and selfish, (Admin's words), applied to the poster that started all this off are very apt and really should bring it home to members why this poster causes offence. He seems to have extensive problems.

Did you reply to this telling him that he is "fanning the flames by making statements like that"? Maybe I missed your reply, if so I apologise.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Ka-Mon said:
How about it, are you man enough to stand up to the challenge or are you going to hide in the closet again until the thread is locked?

Wait a minute where am I hiding? In a closet or in a "dark place", or is it the closet that is dark?

One of our closets at home has got a light in it by the way; so I probably shouldn't hide in there? Or can I? I'm confused. What if I turn the light off?

Can't I hide in a shed or something, where I can potter about?

If so, can I also sit down to the challenge? In the shed. Obviously, you can't sit down in a closet; that would be madness.

Blimey, is it almost 5:00 o'clock yet?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wow so much said already!

I find it a great shame that those with a hidden agenda try their utmost to disrupt and insult members on this great forum, but what I find unbelievable is that they want to be part of a forum that they so obviously despise.......why would that be you must ask?

Reading through this thread I'm amused by those that have offered a viewpoint even though they are relatively new to the forum, one member who contributed had only posted three post previously, if I was a new member I would be keeping a low-profile and wouldn't feel I was in a position to comment on the what is happening now or what has gone before let alone be offering Admin advice on checking duplicate accounts and asking to be involved in this......the mind boggles!!

Hopefully now that Admin has intervened and are aware of the situation we will hopefully see less of this conduct in future!

Nigel

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
"An insult is like a drink; it only affects one if it is accepted"

Robert Heinlein, Glory Road

I'm going to pack.

Viv 8)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
[youtube]DohRa9lsx0Q[/youtube]

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello one and all - going to close the thread now (see, we gave sufficient warning :p)!

This is a free and open platform for discussion. As we've said before, we're not for/against any management method, etc. However, if there are any posts or threads that cause upset, please notify any of the moderation team, admin or report the post and it will be dealt with.

As a great man once said: I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.