What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb belated happy birthday and @DJC3 hug for the d and v. Food today cheese, flaxseed cracker, fried eggs and corned beef, Fage yogurt and raspberries. Odd menu but it appears to be LC. Goodness knows what I might eat soon as tea, cheese and avocados may need to be avoided. 1 piece of good news was all clear from 1 test result. Hopefully, the one tomorrow will be fine. Stay dry.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb belated happy birthday and @DJC3 hug for the d and v. Food today cheese, flaxseed cracker, fried eggs and corned beef, Fage yogurt and raspberries. Odd menu but it appears to be LC. Goodness knows what I might eat soon as tea, cheese and avocados may need to be avoided. 1 piece of good news was all clear from 1 test result. Hopefully, the one tomorrow will be fine if far more intrusive. Stay dry.
Good luck with the test pleased good news from earlier test x

Reactions: Viv19

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chorizo and Gouda rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @Annb - sorry you were under the weather though.
@DJC3 hugs for your D and V I did wonder if you had a virus brewing often makes me feel low - hope you’re over the worse and heading for recovery.
@PenguinMum im with you on three small meals works for me too.
I gave in to temptation today - thanks to recommendations from @Goonergal and @Debandez when they went to real food rocks festival - I made an order for a selection of low carb goodies from ‘deliciously guilt free’ an online keto bakery as they had a birthday discount of 20% and also free delivery if bought 30 quids worth so after reading they freeze for several months I went for a selection - will report back! I know @Debandez froze their choc brownies and warms then to defrost so hoping will work. I don’t snack but do do small puddings as part of my meals!
Breakfast half slice of Hilo bread toasted with bacon and egg
Lunch a few low carb hm seeded crispbreads with cheese and celery followed by small piece of choc olive oil cake with cream. Made new batch of low carb crispbreads today.
Dinner two home made organic pork burgers and green salad followed by sf jelly and cream. Coffee and couple of squares of 100% choc later.
Have a good evening all.

Thanks for more hugs - always welcome.
I’ll look forward to seeing what your bakery goodies are like.
I need to make more of the lc crisp-breads too. The trouble is, everyone else likes them and as I don’t buy ordinary crackers any more they get eaten quite quickly. I try to hide them sometimes but my kitchen is small now and there isn’t anywhere secret.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
IMG_5231.jpg

Breakfast: Boiled eggs and sauteed mushrooms; yoghurt, flaxseeds and raspberries, coffee with cream
Lunch: Steak, cabbage and bacon and salad platter; cheese and GGC Scandinavian crackers.
Dinner: Cheese salad, oppo ice-cream, diva chocolate, red wine.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hugs for your D and V I did wonder if you had a virus brewing often makes me feel low - hope you’re over the worse and heading for recovery.
I gave in to temptation today - thanks to recommendations from @Goonergal and @Debandez when they went to real food rocks festival - I made an order for a selection of low carb goodies from ‘deliciously guilt free’ an online keto bakery as they had a birthday discount of 20% and also free delivery if bought 30 quids worth so after reading they freeze for several months I went for a selection - will report back! I know @Debandez froze their choc brownies and warms then to defrost so hoping will work. I don’t snack but do do small puddings as part of my meals!
Lunch a few low carb hm seeded crispbreads with cheese and celery followed by small piece of choc olive oil cake with cream. Made new batch of low carb crispbreads today.
Dinner two home made organic pork burgers and green salad followed by sf jelly and cream. Coffee and couple of squares of 100% choc later.
Have a good evening all.

Thanks for more hugs - always welcome.
I’ll look forward to seeing what your bakery goodies are like.
I need to make more of the lc crisp-breads too. The trouble is, everyone else likes them and as I don’t buy ordinary crackers any more they get eaten quite quickly. I try to hide them sometimes but my kitchen is small now and there isn’t anywhere secret.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a good evening all.

Thanks for the tag @shelley262
Real food rocks was amazing. Not just because it was a fabulously put together event filled with like minded people, amazing speakers, great food and drink but because there was a stall filled to capacity with sweet delights. Cakes and punnets of strawberries (Dr Unwin himself was dipping strawberries into a full tub of cream and enjoying it immensely) I've attached some pics so you get the jist (not of Dr Unwin, that would be rude). If it was smelly vision you would appreciate it more! If you could taste these cakes you would think it was you local bakery's best exports. 2g or less per cake. I have with a spoon of Oppo ice cream and lashings of thick double cream. I don't do kitchen (that's why you won't catch me on this thread, scares the living daylights out of me!) so having these little monkeys in my freezer.....well I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Attachments

• 20190720_160752_resized.jpg
    20190720_160752_resized.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190720_113339_resized.jpg
    20190720_113339_resized.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 20190720_113506_resized_1.jpg
    20190720_113506_resized_1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190720_113501_resized.jpg
    20190720_113501_resized.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 20190720_113458_resized.jpg
    20190720_113458_resized.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 20190720_113322_resized.jpg
    20190720_113322_resized.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 212

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb belated happy birthday and @DJC3 hug for the d and v. Food today cheese, flaxseed cracker, fried eggs and corned beef, Fage yogurt and raspberries. Odd menu but it appears to be LC. Goodness knows what I might eat soon as tea, cheese and avocados may need to be avoided. 1 piece of good news was all clear from 1 test result. Hopefully, the one tomorrow will be fine. Stay dry.

Glad about your good result and good luck with tomorrow’s. When will you know?
How was your day with no cricket to watch?

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad about your good result and good luck with tomorrow’s. When will you know?
How was your day with no cricket to watch?
Day was long! No idea about results in theory I guess they can say on the day.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag @shelley262
Real food rocks was amazing. Not just because it was a fabulously put together event filled with like minded people, amazing speakers, great food and drink but because there was a stall filled to capacity with sweet delights. Cakes and punnets of strawberries (Dr Unwin himself was dipping strawberries into a full tub of cream and enjoying it immensely) I've attached some pics so you get the jist (not of Dr Unwin, that would be rude). If it was smelly vision you would appreciate it more! If you could taste these cakes you would think it was you local bakery's best exports. 2g or less per cake. I have with a spoon of Oppo ice cream and lashings of thick double cream. I don't do kitchen (that's why you won't catch me on this thread, scares the living daylights out of me!) so having these little monkeys in my freezer.....well I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

They all look wonderful. I hadn’t realised they were available online until @shelley262 just mentioned it. Which ones have you tried?

Reactions: Debandez

Viv19

Provided your milk is long life/UHT, there's no need to use the boil step.

All I do is throw my starter into the inner pot (I use whey from the last batch, plus a spoon of the last batch). Then add a decent splach of the milk and mix it really well, to distribute the starter, then add the rest of the milk. Stir to ensure everything is well distributed and mixed.

Put a lid on it. It doesn't have to be the pot lid, as you're only covering it. I have a glass saute pan lid that fits pretty perfectly, and I can see what's going on (of course, it's not a spectacle).

Switch on the Yoghurt setting and give it a decent ignoring for the time of your choice. The pot automates to a 12 hours incubation, but you can easily change that.

In the morning (I always, always incubate it overnight), cool it then decice if you'll strain it for a really thick result or transfer to a storage container.

I usually strain mine, but then usually end up adding some whey back in as I munch my way through it, because it seems to continue thickening in the fridge.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that DCUK Mod. I mixed up some milk with whey and yoghurt and set the pot to go for 9 hours. The original time was 8 which didn’t seem enough so I increased it. Perhaps I’ll put it on for a few extra hours in the morning. The dog is sleeping in the kitchen so I don’t want to disturb her - and my SIL’s dog is sleeping in the entrance hall. We’re temporarily a multi dog family for a few days ;)))

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very emotional day today attending a funeral in Oxford and seeing people I haven’t seen in well over 20 years. Lovely service and a mini reunion on the cards for Friday.

Also a very hungry day. Went to bed a bit hungry last night and by the time I got to Paddington was ravenous. Found a bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling in WH Smith and ate that along with a 30g portion of cheese and a bag of M&S Serrano ham crisps.

Lunch was at Nando’s. My usual of 2 plain legs and a side of grilled halloumi. BG was flat lining and convinced my new sensor was stuck on a stupidly low number ate a Hotel Chocolat mini hazelnut buche just to check :D levels went up, but not too much. And @maglil55 you must be clairvoyant. Hotel Chocolat have just introduced a range of 35g bars (see attached - one of the bars may have been eaten).

Dinner at the funeral. Had thought there may not be anything to eat. Pleasantly surprised to find chicken wings marinated in garlic, rosemary and chilli (brought some home), salami, Parma ham and pieces of mozzarella. Finished off with one of the HC bars.

Have just eaten some of the chicken wings and some Whisps.

@Annb happy birthday

@shelley262 enjoy the cakes - recommend the double chocolate ones

@DJC3 hope you soon feel better

C79125DF-B0A0-47A5-94E6-4936632F6416.jpeg
4652CBE6-2194-4641-81AD-5C7C85BBDDAB.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Belly pork slices and veggies, mushroom gravy.
Breakfast: Usual three egg omelette, smokey bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, water.

Here's a nice pix of a pan size food processor, who can belch and phart with the best of them...

A6KD5vl.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@ianpspurs and @Goonergal - thanks for your good wishes. I hope your next test turns out to have a good result @ianpspurs.
Didn't have any dinner after all - left the tagine in the freezer for another time. For some reason I felt nauseous and then started to vomit - just when I had visitors! Now I wonder if that was the kimchi or my home made corned beef. The day ended as badly as it started, but I did have a bit of respite in between so can't complain.

Reactions: Viv19

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very emotional day today attending a funeral in Oxford and seeing people I haven’t seen in well over 20 years. Lovely service and a mini reunion on the cards for Friday.

Also a very hungry day. Went to bed a bit hungry last night and by the time I got to Paddington was ravenous. Found a bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling in WH Smith and ate that along with a 30g portion of cheese and a bag of M&S Serrano ham crisps.

Lunch was at Nando’s. My usual of 2 plain legs and a side of grilled halloumi. BG was flat lining and convinced my new sensor was stuck on a stupidly low number ate a Hotel Chocolat mini hazelnut buche just to check :D levels went up, but not too much. And @maglil55 you must be clairvoyant. Hotel Chocolat have just introduced a range of 35g bars (see attached - one of the bars may have been eaten).

Dinner at the funeral. Had thought there may not be anything to eat. Pleasantly surprised to find chicken wings marinated in garlic, rosemary and chilli (brought some home), salami, Parma ham and pieces of mozzarella. Finished off with one of the HC bars.

Have just eaten some of the chicken wings and some Whisps.

@Annb happy birthday

@shelley262 enjoy the cakes - recommend the double chocolate ones

@DJC3 hope you soon feel better

View attachment 34949 View attachment 34950

Love the flavour description on the chocolate as ‘Hardcore’

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll be going very easy on food today to try to recover from whatever it was yesterday -
Scrambled egg - very plain and quite bland at 0830.

I'll have some of the Tesco cottage cheese when I come back from shopping (Neil is taking me to the supermarket in town).

Probably another egg of some sort later - omelette maybe and I'll see if I can risk some mushrooms.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday brekie was 3 small rashers of bacon; fried egg ( in olive oil ) 2 small wholemeal toast and a cuppa ( 30 carbs )
lunch ..tuna little salad and black olives ( 3 carbs )
mid afternoon snack ( working a late shift and it is always difficult not to snack on loads of unhealthy foods or food that are diabetic unfriendly ) 1 wholemeal slice of bread with cheese spread and coffee (18 carbs )
Tea ( or dinner for the posh folks :) ) was homemade chicken curry a dab of full fat greek yogurt and twice cooked pasta 15 gr) carbs 30 .