ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Sending warmest wishes to all of the A-level students receiving their results today, especially to my girls. I've seen the results already and there were no surprises.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning Thursday diabuddies, awoke on 5.6 this morning, so it matches the lovely sunshine outside.
Gas engineer came at 3.35pm yesterday, a nice, friendly guy and everything is safe and working properly, so all is good.
Some food shopping today, which I will do this morning, I cooked chilli and rice last night, which I haven't made for ages and daughter and myself really enjoyed it and I have enough left for another meal, probably on Friday or Saturday night :hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have noticed on my Libre graph a couple of breaks in the continuous line, any idea;s what this could be, has this happened to anyone else ? I'm not overly concerned, just wondered why.
Thanks guys :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed on my Libre graph a couple of breaks in the continuous line, any idea;s what this could be, has this happened to anyone else ? I'm not overly concerned, just wondered why.
Thanks guys :)

Is this on the Abbott scanner or the Librelink app on a device? Do these breaks happen happen about 8 hours prior to the recent scan?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
GROUP HUG!
Hello, thank you for all your kind messages. I had a look at open university, it seems like a good idea but I don't know how it'll work with a part time loan when I've used up my full time loan. I can ask the university to transfer the credits over to OU. I'm in limbo, however my best friend said it wouldn't hurt to keep applying for apprentice kind of jobs. Whatever job has some income, I'll be okay. My bf is the main tank - he has a few interviews for good positions and a good income, so my income would be extra for whatever we both what to do. Other than that, I don't know what to do with 2/3rds of a degree. I've also looked at trainee jobs, mostly ICT based are available at the moment, I'm not very good at coding and software development. I did do some coding with my bf because that what he does for his job and it's not my area of interest. Becoming a MUA would be a long shot with a partial degree because you need a NVQ.

My mum knows only a part of my situation but she doesn't know that I'm in a dark place. She called me today to say her best friend from high school who we both love very dearly passed away two days ago. She had brain cancer for a very long time, I admire her journey. Few months ago she had a stroke and she was paralysed on one side, she couldn't text my mum but she used dictate to text to reply to messages and she couldn't talk properly - lots of slurring. At that moment she told my mum she doesn't have long left because of her stroke. Chemotherapy wasn't doing her too good, affected her appetite and so on.
My mum said to me that I should love myself, life is very precious. I asked my mum if she is okay, she said she is okay but I'll be going home at some point to see her and dad.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
aw, c'mon @helensaramay, you can't just drop in the phrase "some interesting news" then not say what it is!?

I woke up at 3 on a 10.4, corrected, couldn't get back to sleep for two hours, woken by the alarm clock, Libre said 2.8, meter said 3.4, either way too low. Now at 8.1 after breakfast, I'm so not correcting this one, I have to go out this morning and not sure how far I'll be walking so I'll let it run for now. Grrrrr!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Robinredbreast Was it while you were sleeping? Because sometimes if you sleep on it the pressure of it against you will interfere with proper readings, it can cause a break in the readings or a false low reading.

I only ever lost a signal on the Libra at night a few times, if my Dexcom does it, it signals the sensor is nearing it's end.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's on the scanner.

Do you have a picture to clarify the breaks..? Do they seem to correspond with a specific time or circumstance on the graph timeline? (Like maybe asleep, bathing or certain activity.)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Foot on the floor beat me to it today, and kicked in before I even woke up at 0800 :banghead: It didn’t even happen at all yesterday, and I didn’t wake up until lunchtime... ah well. Can only react to that one. Up to 8.4, now back in the fives. Can’t win ‘em all, eh?

Sewing with the old ladies this morning, on call this evening. Wishing anyone who needs it good luck with their A level results today, I don’t actually have good enough grades to start my own course, but all the stuff I’ve done since apparently trumps that :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,

I am slightly better but I'm worried about my mummy. It's bad enough my mum couldn't see her best friend, I sent her a text to say I'll be home at some point. Diabetes was hypo city yesterday and I woke up in it as well - 3.5.
On a brighter note, my bf has lost 2inchs around his muffin top ;) I'm very proud of him and this is all through diet. Because of his clubbed feet, I can't ask him to jump into exercise and his weight has an impact on his princess feet. He has an interview today, so I gave him a kiss and said "you gonna smash it, bbyg!"

Reactions: WuTwo and Antje77

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Gooood morning y'all
Bloods are hanging around the 4s this morning, so a cuppa with sugar is on the cards and a tweak of the basal (again lol)

@MeiChanski bbyg???? I know I am an oldie and not up with it lol
@Robinredbreast have you a pic of the bits you are missing on the scan line?

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gooood morning y'all
Bloods are hanging around the 4s this morning, so a cuppa with sugar is on the cards and a tweak of the basal (again lol)

:D Baby girl, ;)
We can't live in society with double standards, ;) :hilarious:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
I worry with all this rain for people who need to inject. With all our holes we may get rain on the inside!
Thankfully, no rain today ... yet,

Today is hisselve's birthday but he doesn't want to celebrate getting older so he is off to work as usual and will open his pressies when he returns.

Meanwhile, I have some interesting news that I need to digest whilst filling in and staring at spreadsheets.

Diabetes behaved itself during climbing but then decided to take a nose dive despite plenty of GlucoTabs and reduced basal. It wasn't even a tough climbing night because, with the rain and it not being Monday, it was very busy so I couldn't get to all the routes I wanted to. I woke on 4.6 which is nothing to sniff out just wish I hadn't woken 4 hours early. Morning after GluocTab tate in my mouth is not pleasant.

Have a fun day ... I hope someone celebrates their birthady and/or A Level results.
My other halves birthday also x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Shurely though, @porl69 . Wouldn't that be a bit like the photograph i took once of a UFO,
& then it was later verified as no known aircraft built by man... ;)

tenor (1).gif

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sunny morning to you all, not a bad day forecast here either @Alison54321 a jolly 21, typical when I'm off to Latvia

BG was far too low when I woke = 3.0, rage blouse and 20mins later a big jump 4.6
I suppose I should have dealt with it when I woke at 3.45 when I was 4.2 but I'm still learning. It was only my second anniversary last week.
Don't think I meant rage blouse, just ate and drank to bring me up. Still learning
Hope your Thursday is thrilling

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf bought me Alpro vanilla yogurt and I thought does it taste good as vanilla ice cream? I decided to try it today, one spoon into my mouth and I said "ooo this is good, no wonder @WuTwo said this is a treat. Well this isn't going to be a treat for me *sends a text to my bf - need more vanilla yogurt asap*" :hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Gooood morning y'all

I haven't done that yet, so I will try and upload it on to my computer.

Reactions: porl69