It didn't fail!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JoKalsbeek I'm only too glad to be able to help such a wonderful, helpful person like you. Ha-ha, I've been checking aliexpress for cheapo tripods so that I can do you simple cooking vids, if need be. That could even be a win-win because it would get me cooking some more, so do let me know :)
Oh yeah, put the pressure on, haha. I can't guarantee anything though. (Like with the butter, sometimes I have to find work-arounds.)

You're quite the bees-knees yourself you know. :)

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I think I am, after today, brave enough to give that a go, the next time I make one. :)

Well, if you're feeling in a daring mood and maybe willing to take a walk on the wild side then perhaps you could give it a go. :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, if you're feeling in a daring mood and maybe willing to take a walk on the wild side then perhaps you could give it a go. :)
...I am just realizing just how ridiculous I sound. But maybe, if you'd seen my first pathetic attempts.... You'd think me a warrior for even considering trying again, haha. (And now I've got Lou Reed on on Spotify in your honour. :)) Now my mom wants to try them too, she can't bake to save her life...! Should be interesting. ;)

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
...I am just realizing just how ridiculous I sound. But maybe, if you'd seen my first pathetic attempts.... You'd think me a warrior for even considering trying again, haha. (And now I've got Lou Reed on on Spotify in your honour. :)) Now my mom wants to try them too, she can't bake to save her life...! Should be interesting. ;)

Yeah, this could well make the news internationally. :D

I've also added cinnamon to the chocolate version I do and that was good. Bit of cream poured over it and berries if you eat them. Kind of a dessert really, but you have to play around with stuff to find out what you like.

BTW_ It's ok to be ridiculous, I do it, look it, act it... life would be a little dull without being ridiculous at times.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, this could well make the news internationally. :D

I've also added cinnamon to the chocolate version I do and that was good. Bit of cream poured over it and berries if you eat them. Kind of a dessert really, but you have to play around with stuff to find out what you like.

BTW_ It's ok to be ridiculous, I do it, look it, act it... life would be a little dull without being ridiculous at times.
I have to start taking notes! Versatile little things then eh... I can't do this often, but once a week or so would be nice. :) I'll notify the NY Times. :)

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I have to start taking notes! Versatile little things then eh... I can't do this often, but once a week or so would be nice. :) I'll notify the NY Times. :)

Yeah, I don't make it often, but I find it to be rather filling none the less. And just something different to keep things interesting. It can be a bit versatile as a toast substitute or done in the mug it can look a bit artsy looking as a dessert. And so quick to make.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, I don't make it often, but I find it to be rather filling none the less. And just something different to keep things interesting. It can be a bit versatile as a toast substitute or done in the mug it can look a bit artsy looking as a dessert. And so quick to make.
..I have to admit I was dreaming of making it look like a cupcake... :p

Robo42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been making a similar bread/cake but as I have a milk allergy I use olive oil instead of butter works fine. I vary what I microwave in as well depending if I want to slice in half & toast or want to have like a cake. Not yet tried adding coco to make a chocolate version. might be OK.