Climate change food calculator

Keith_Simpson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
From 2018
BBC website
Climate change food calculator: What's your diet's carbon footprint?

A lot of information, scary if taken at face value

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46459714?xtor=ES-211-[24649_PANUK_DIV_33_NCA_GEN_ExtraUnengaged]-20190815-[bbcnews_climatechangefoodcalculatorwhatsyourdietscarbonfootprint_newsscienceenvironment]
The climate has always changed but not everyone believes that we are responsible. The key word is 'believes' because for climate alarmists, climate change has become a religion in which they believe & belief always trumps common sense.

Cap'n M

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
EU27, CO2 Global Warming Scam, Theresa May, Comrade Boris Johnson.
The climate has always changed but not everyone believes that we are responsible. The key word is 'believes' because for climate alarmists, climate change has become a religion in which they believe & belief always trumps common sense.

Yes, correct. There's been a modest ~0.4°C "Global" temperature rise in the late 80's, ending around 2004, stationary to 2016 & now declining for past 3 years.
There's a huge self-interested network of academics, politicians and 'believers' who have resuscitated a decrepit 1896 theory on CO2 [that was immediately discredited] & who now try to delete historical evidence of climate cycles. They promote temperature data from urban hotspots, deny warmer phases eg in the 1930s and get the media to champion 'Climate Change' from a few hot days, such as we had here in UK last month.
Check the real data. Man produces by emissions, only ~3-4% of global CO2 & this has a very short half-life. Any global CO2 rise is a delayed rebound from the Solar Maximum, outlined above.
Don't waste your mental energy worrying about food & "Greenhouse Gas" emissions - you're swallowing a Scam.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever the truth of it I object to the use of the word "change" in climate predictions. It seems to me that they are hedging their bets, if it gets warmer, colder, wetter, drier, more storms, whatever, it will be a "change" and their predictions will have been vindicated. If there is the evidence for prediction of global warming then say warming.

Cap'n M

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Take a look at some data in this 8 min YouTube video, exposing aspects of the Global Warming Scam:

Thomas the Tank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From 2018
BBC website
Climate change food calculator: What's your diet's carbon footprint?
A lot lower than the Queen and her family, most of our MP's and billionaires in this country. I pledge to keep my carbon footprint as low as theirs!

lindisfel

Expert
Not sound science.
Read the science.

lindisfel

Expert
Take a look at some data in this 8 min YouTube video, exposing aspects of the Global Warming Scam:

What is happening is not a scam.
CO2 drives temperature and temperature drives CO2.
The problem is there are a number of other vectors that also drive climate and people generally do not have enough knowledge of the science.

The Daily whatever it is.... Is not a good medium to get the unvarnished truth.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
That the climate change food calculator is good calculator is a joke, it is too difficult for someone walking round a supermarket to calculate relative greenhouse gas production of different products.

I prefer to buy my grass fed steak from my local butcher from local raised stock rather than the factory farmed rubbish that is grain fed from my local supermarket.

These recent vegan originated pronouncements are not nuanced and could lead to grasslands being ploughed up for grain production, thus releasing more greenhouse gas than any belching cows produce.

Cap'n M

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What is happening is not a scam.
CO2 drives temperature and temperature drives CO2.
The problem is there are a number of other vectors that also drive climate and people generally do not have enough knowledge of the science.

The Daily whatever it is.... Is not a good medium to get the unvarnished truth.

This is parrot-speak, not an understanding of Science.
If you're so sure of your "data", please forward me evidence of how CO2 can influence Global Temperatures. I don't expect a reply because I know that the whole Scam is based on money-grabbing Climate Academics & their political fellow-travellers, concocting climate modelling programs to show what they want.
They are aiming to control us. Wake up!

lindisfel

Expert
Do you work for an oil or coal company Cap!?:)

That people have no knowledge of the way infra red heat is trapped by greenhouse gases so radiated heat cannot lower the heat budget of Earth is indeed a worry for those of us who are concerned for the planet and getting to grips with climate change that is induced by man.
D.

Last edited: