Back with my red burning feet

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello,

You may or may not remember me, I posted a last year and the year before when my ex gp was causing me extreme anxiety and being OTT with testing.

Here is my last post if anyone wants to read jt. My anxiety is far better now and I'm doing miles better
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/worried-non-diabetic.129860/

I have a little question and I'm hoping for a little bit of reassurance.

Basically in 2015 I had a test for a general MOT. One of the tests was a hba1c which was 34 and a random glucose test which came out 8.9. My GP started panicking and to cut a long story short he caused me the most severe anxiety during 2017. He was calling me every couple of months saying I could be diabetic and I needed more tests as well as other things he was worrying about. He was talking diabetes because I had one random sugar which was high and that was taken during a panic attack and I had just eaten a cereal bar.

He continued to ring me up and caused me panic and anxiety for about 6 months. He then he left the surgery and I was taken over by new GP. She was really upset for me with what I had been through and she diagnosed me with stress and anxiety and she told me to take a long break from doctor's unless absolutely necessary. She understood why I had become extremely anxious about doctors and tests so allowed me to take some time out. She assured my the gp had been ott and she wasn't even sure why.

Anyway this new GP is lovely and she said that just because I had one random sugar at 8.9 it was nothing to worry about and the fact that it was taken during a panic attack and I just eaten explained the random high sugar, she said all my hba1c those few years with my old GP were normal, they were always about 34/35 and 1 was 39 I think it was, but that was at the very beginning in 2015. She wasn't concerned at all but she said we could do a urine test just to be sure because she didn't want to put me under any more stress, because I had anxiety from the last gp. The urine test came back completely normal and she told me to rest assured I didn't have diabetes and there was nothing to worry about.

In November 2017 on the night my father-in-law had a heart attack I started suffering from burning red feet at night. It started in my toes and my toes would go very red and just below the toes on the top of the foot were red and blotchy. This was worse on walking and once I lay back down after walking the redness and burning would disappear. I mentioned it to my new GP and showed some photographs because it was only happening during the night from about 9pm onwards. I explaines to her that it never happened during the day. She asked if I had any numbness during the day or any burning. I don't get any pain at all during the day and there's no numbness in my toes/feet. It just flares at night, it starts to feel warm and like a rushing feeling in my toes and top of foot near the toes, that's my sign it'll go red and burn once I walk about.

I told my gp that I'd stupidly Googled the symptoms and neuropathy and diabetes were the main things that came up so that had sent my anxiety racing again. She assured me it wasn't diabetes or neuropathy as I had zero signs of it during the day and no numbness at all, plus hba1c was always perfect.

I am still having these symptoms. My gp last summer when I saw her just said it was burning feet syndrome and to not worry about it, but having anxiety I find that hard. Every night from 9pm my feet start to feel hot in the toes. I get a feeling of like the blood has rushed to them almost. Then when I stand up and walk around they flush red across the toes and just below the toes on the tops of the feet. Once I lie back down again the redness and burning lessens but I can feel it at times just lying down but the redness and burning is mainly worse on walking I never get this during the day. I'm worrying myself silly this could be neuropathy and read its mainly causes by diabetes so it worries me even more incase my last gp was right.

I have an underactive thyroid for 2 years and CFS but my gp assured me redness and burning ta night without numbness is not neuropathy. I shall try to attach a photo. Sorry for the feet lol. Can anyone reassure me? I'm 39, 5ft tall and 9 stone. I have a good diet and even though I have fatigue issues with the cfs I'm doing OK.

Sorry to post again here such a long time on. Ju

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-162247_Snapchat-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190303-162247_Snapchat-01.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 566

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi jingyd, I can’t diagnose, but your symptoms sound very similar to a rare condition my father has, called erythromelagia. Here’s some info about it:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erythromelalgia/
I just thought it was worth mentioning as it took years from my father to get diagnosed due to its rarity.

Reactions: jingyd36

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi jingyd, I can’t diagnose, but your symptoms sound very similar to a rare condition my father has, called erythromelagia. Here’s some info about it:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erythromelalgia/
I just thought it was worth mentioning as it took years from my father to get diagnosed due to its rarity.
Thank you. I did read about that once last year and wondered if it could be. Can I ask if your fathers symptoms flared mainly at night?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I did read about that once last year and wondered if it could be. Can I ask if your fathers symptoms flared mainly at night?

Yes It does. It affects his hands too a little now but it started in his feet. He’s 86 now and has had it for many years but he’s always the one walking round the house with bare feet even in winter.

Reactions: jingyd36

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Yes It does. It affects his hands too a little now but it started in his feet. He’s 86 now and has had it for many years but he’s always the one walking round the house with bare feet even in winter.
Thank you Rach, very reassuring.

Caprock94

Hello,

You may or may not remember me, I posted a last year and the year before when my ex gp was causing me extreme anxiety and being OTT with testing.

Here is my last post if anyone wants to read jt. My anxiety is far better now and I'm doing miles better
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/worried-non-diabetic.129860/

I have a little question and I'm hoping for a little bit of reassurance.

Basically in 2015 I had a test for a general MOT. One of the tests was a hba1c which was 34 and a random glucose test which came out 8.9. My GP started panicking and to cut a long story short he caused me the most severe anxiety during 2017. He was calling me every couple of months saying I could be diabetic and I needed more tests as well as other things he was worrying about. He was talking diabetes because I had one random sugar which was high and that was taken during a panic attack and I had just eaten a cereal bar.

He continued to ring me up and caused me panic and anxiety for about 6 months. He then he left the surgery and I was taken over by new GP. She was really upset for me with what I had been through and she diagnosed me with stress and anxiety and she told me to take a long break from doctor's unless absolutely necessary. She understood why I had become extremely anxious about doctors and tests so allowed me to take some time out. She assured my the gp had been ott and she wasn't even sure why.

Anyway this new GP is lovely and she said that just because I had one random sugar at 8.9 it was nothing to worry about and the fact that it was taken during a panic attack and I just eaten explained the random high sugar, she said all my hba1c those few years with my old GP were normal, they were always about 34/35 and 1 was 39 I think it was, but that was at the very beginning in 2015. She wasn't concerned at all but she said we could do a urine test just to be sure because she didn't want to put me under any more stress, because I had anxiety from the last gp. The urine test came back completely normal and she told me to rest assured I didn't have diabetes and there was nothing to worry about.

In November 2017 on the night my father-in-law had a heart attack I started suffering from burning red feet at night. It started in my toes and my toes would go very red and just below the toes on the top of the foot were red and blotchy. This was worse on walking and once I lay back down after walking the redness and burning would disappear. I mentioned it to my new GP and showed some photographs because it was only happening during the night from about 9pm onwards. I explaines to her that it never happened during the day. She asked if I had any numbness during the day or any burning. I don't get any pain at all during the day and there's no numbness in my toes/feet. It just flares at night, it starts to feel warm and like a rushing feeling in my toes and top of foot near the toes, that's my sign it'll go red and burn once I walk about.

I told my gp that I'd stupidly Googled the symptoms and neuropathy and diabetes were the main things that came up so that had sent my anxiety racing again. She assured me it wasn't diabetes or neuropathy as I had zero signs of it during the day and no numbness at all, plus hba1c was always perfect.

I am still having these symptoms. My gp last summer when I saw her just said it was burning feet syndrome and to not worry about it, but having anxiety I find that hard. Every night from 9pm my feet start to feel hot in the toes. I get a feeling of like the blood has rushed to them almost. Then when I stand up and walk around they flush red across the toes and just below the toes on the tops of the feet. Once I lie back down again the redness and burning lessens but I can feel it at times just lying down but the redness and burning is mainly worse on walking I never get this during the day. I'm worrying myself silly this could be neuropathy and read its mainly causes by diabetes so it worries me even more incase my last gp was right.

I have an underactive thyroid for 2 years and CFS but my gp assured me redness and burning ta night without numbness is not neuropathy. I shall try to attach a photo. Sorry for the feet lol. Can anyone reassure me? I'm 39, 5ft tall and 9 stone. I have a good diet and even though I have fatigue issues with the cfs I'm doing OK.

Sorry to post again here such a long time on. Ju

Has this gotten any better for you? I am hoping so! I am experiencing something similar. I get the burning feeling in my feet, and certain areas get a little red. My hands also seem to turn red pretty easily, but it comes and goes. I don't have any numbness.