What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i suppose your right..food is energy.

and energy can be measured in Horse power.

And it can seem that we can have wild ponies in our blood with some of the wilful high score we unexpectedly get
until we coral them and then break them.
So yeah, makes sense.

( But still not convinced about the weird substance, though....;) )

t1422.gif

g61019.gif

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like a fabulous day ahead DJC

Bubbsie I thought of you yesterday, I took the girls blackberrying down the lane by us, I was surprised at how many were already ripe so we got a good haul and made the first blackberry clafoutis of the year! I remember you posting the recipe about a year ago and it’s been a firm favourite here ever since.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello folks, just a quick post as I can see there’s plenty happening on the thread, it’s just took an hour for me to catch up.
Quite foggy here on the west coast of America which has surprised us we have renamed our sleepy little seaside town of Morro Bay...Foggy Bottom, there is a beach here so they say but nobody has seen it for five years or more. Beautiful scenery when the fog lifts or you drive out of it, @dunelm Big Sur absolutely amazing scenery just breathtaking.
Off to L.A in the morning via Santa Barbara so I have been informed by the navigators, hope the fog lifts.
Play nicely while I’m gone.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 139

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mhh.

EDIT 8pm 15/8

I look at all the wonderful signatures and when i first came on board they truly inspired me,
but recently i wondered if those hosting or guiding in the GP surgeries, might benefit from more information, more easily garnered, on just how successful the LCHF. keto, Low carb, etc diets on here can be.

We always here how test data applies to other programmes & websites, But we seem to get left out as Type 2's practising a Low carb type of diet, as championed by so many on here.

Maybe it's time we stirred ourselves, created our own data bank of how successful THIS forum has been for SO many of us, and generated some facts and figures of our own to boast about..

For those wishing to take part, please do add the information requested below,
BUT do please feel free to hashtag out anything you are not comfortable sharing.
any information about how well we are doing will helpful.

Notes
Length until a return to normal readings (if applicable otherwise WiP..work in progress)
Length until a return to normal readings (if applicable otherwise WiP..work in progress)
HBA1C at DX and date
HBA1c date first entered Non diabetic range (if applicable or WiP)
Last HBA1c date..(as above if none since )

The above and format below helps us to present the post in the most suitable form,
for those replying, those curating AND those reading it.

Options on format.
suggested we add Pre-Diabetic data...
agree we all look forward to seeing improvement & that's the score we all seek first
weight was also suggested..Conscious it's high on many priorities, BUT also want to keep info concise and readable if possible. i suggest start & current weight would be sufficient.

Intention is to be for all T2D's
AI see it as useful and applicable to T2's..but i love you T1's as well.

( Not sure format would suit or if already done for T1 elsewhere.)
also the purpose is Proving that LCHF, Keto or Any other form of diet on here has benefits
for Type 2, it''s offering proof those diets work
for Type 1, insulin is already proven to work.

happy to hear from Type One's as always.or those practising any other diet.

FORMAT
# Diagnosed ( Start weight ###kg Current ###kg )
# Months on LCHF
# Months to pre diabetic No's
# Months 1st normal reading
# HBA1c Diagnosis
# Pre Diabetic no's & date
# 1st normal HBA1c 7 date
# Latest HBA1c

@Debandez
dec 2017 Diagnosed ( Start weight 92kg Current 67.9kg No meds Diet only LCHF)
20 Months on LCHF
5.. Months to pre diabetic No's
11.. Months 1st normal reading
62. HBA1c Diagnosis dec 2017
41 Pre Diabetic no's may 2018
39 1st normal HBA1c nov 2018
40 Latest HBA1c

@jjraak ..
Aug 2018 Diagnosed ( Start weight 106 kg Current 84 kg . Diet & Metformin LCHF)
9 ... Months on LCHF oct 2018
3 ...Months to pre diabetic No's
11 ...Months 1st normal reading
56 ...HBA1c Diagnosis aug 2018
42 ...Pre Diabetic no's jan 2019
40 ...1st normal HBA1c july 2019
## ...Latest HBA1c as above

anyone else want to QUOTE this post and ADD theirs just beneath mine ?
then we can just pass it on and each of us can delete as we go to save cluttering thread?
And would keep all the data in one post for easy recall.

JJ You can add mine to your database
DJC3

Diagnosed Feb 2017 put on metformin and statins

HbA1c on diagnosis 66

Time on LCHF (Feb 2018) 18 months

Months to 1st norm reading 3

1st normal HbA1c 39

Current HbA1c 41

Off ALL meds.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning very early, no idea why I woke up at 5am.
Not sure what to do with myself today or the weekend - all the family are away doing various things so it’s just me and Dennis to amuse ourselves. Hope it doesn’t rain too much or I might feel obliged to stay in and do housework.
@trick60 they are fabulous photos I loved Foggy Bottom!
@Viv19 sometimes there is just no fathoming it!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's what makes it all so difficult, we all react differently, it's all trial and error, thus so important we monitor and log. My log book is named Dracula Diaries, my humour again. But at least we are all making an effort to understand our bodies this journey will never end but hopefully we take control.

I think my sore fingers is a small price to pay, there are some days playing my guitar or banjo is agony but needs must.

As you are insilin dependent could you maybe get the libre sensor on prescription? No pricking necessary. Constant tracking. Excellent tool for bs management.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing is we are all different. No rule book available. Try it and let us know how it goes as others will benefit. If that's ok.
Will do.

Yesterday my readings stayed at around 5.5, it did rise to 6.3 after a 20 mile mountain bike ride in very muddy conditions but fell very quickly.

5.5 this morning :) pleased because at choir rehearsal last night I succumbed to a home made honey and oat biscuit and a glass of red wine, lovely:D I did manage to resist the scrumptious chocolate and courgette cake though.

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home and 5.7 this morning. The leisurely walk around Orford yesterday morning turned into a 5 mile walk through the countryside then back to Orford along the river. We then did have a leisurely lunch and left for home late afternoon.

I was amazed at how well our 13 year old Labrador was walking as he had walked miles and miles this holiday. This morning will be washing clothes and shopping and picking up parcels from the post office. Will catch up on this forum later.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will do.

Yesterday my readings stayed at around 5.5, it did rise to 6.3 after a 20 mile mountain bike ride in very muddy conditions but fell very quickly.

5.5 this morning :) pleased because at choir rehearsal last night I succumbed to a home made honey and oat biscuit and a glass of red wine, lovely:D I did manage to resist the scrumptious chocolate and courgette cake though.

Tenor? Baritone? Organist? Choirmaster?
Alto here ...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello folks, just a quick post as I can see there’s plenty happening on the thread, it’s just took an hour for me to catch up.
Quite foggy here on the west coast of America which has surprised us we have renamed our sleepy little seaside town of Morro Bay...Foggy Bottom, there is a beach here so they say but nobody has seen it for five years or more. Beautiful scenery when the fog lifts or you drive out of it, @dunelm Big Sur absolutely amazing scenery just breathtaking.
Off to L.A in the morning via Santa Barbara so I have been informed by the navigators, hope the fog lifts.
Play nicely while I’m gone.

Fab images of the coast. So much to choose from - glad you are having an epic time.

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez I can see how what happened to your amazing Mum has motivated you to reach out and help so many people through the work you are doing in your community. She would be so proud of what you are doing.
She is my driving force. I haven't got my mum now sadly. But I might be able to change things for other mums, dads, grandad, sisters, daughters, friends etc etc. I always think the biggest changes come from small groups of people rising up (eg suffragettes). I've never been one to leave things be that needed change. As an example, during the last census I was manager for Blackpool central. When the lorry pulled up with all my paperwork the lorry driver said 'I think they have made a mistake, you seem to have double what everyone else has'. They told me I would only need the space of a single bed for my stuff and it nearly filled my garage! I had a great time. We all worked very hard. Lots of old hotels now HMO. Very challenging town Blackpool. The laptop they gave me didnt work 'in the field' as it should. Nobody's did. (Other managers). So my house was communication central. I had an open house for 3 months. The laptop only worked there. I had to make myself available all hours. So much work to log due to the area. I put in my extra hours (I was going to bed way after midnight, maybe 2am sometimes, then getting up at 6am. Just to keep up. I had Eric helping too. It was a tough time. There should have been 2 managers for my area or they should have split in 2. I put in my additional hours. It was rejected! (Where is the red reg and bull animation!). No money in the pot I was told. S*d that for a game of soldiers I thought. The day my job ended and all equipment was collected i sat down and wrote a 4 page A4 complaint letter. I had dry eyes as a result (took a couple of years to subside and still flares up now and again). I gave it them with both barrels. I threatened to take it forward. On my birthday i received a call from the big boss asking for my bank details! I received £3000. I gave a copy of my letter to 3 other coordinators in Blackpool and fylde area who had similar problems. They also received payments. But I wasnt happy with that 3k. I wanted the holiday pay o should have got along with it. Refused! I took them to the small claims court. I had quite a big following of other managers in the country and we all decided we would fight together. Over the coming months many dropped out. I was one if 8 remaining that went to court. WE WON.

I don't give up. Currently fighting for my BIL against PIP decision. It may be a long haul but we will get there.