100lbs anniversary

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! You even look different to your avatar pic.
Well done for all you have achieved. Also for inspiring others.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Wow, wow, wow! So many congratulations, what an achievement. You are looking great, you must feel like a different person.
:)

JohnyT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Other
View attachment 34940
3d50ebf4-ff74-4255-8a6f-f2912e4fb02f-jpg.34940
From Greazy GODZilla to cheesy mozzarella :D
What a change, inspiration to lot. Keep up the good work...you are looking awesome.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What an amazing journey. Not only did you lose the weight, you restored your health. I took a peek at the A1c's listed in your profile. Wow. Just wow! And the best part is you have so much life to live ahead of you!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are an absolute winner on every level. Well done on your progress. You look absolutely fabulous.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
A truly great guy, but not in the voluminous sense! We need more ambassadors like @Caeseji

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I followed that link @Rachox and what I saw made my jaw drop. What a transformation. It looks like 2 different people. You look very handsome, very happy and extremely healthy. Love your ensemble too. I think waistcoats are so suave and sophisticated. The look really suits you.

And then I turned my mobile sideways to enable me to see your signature. I had to have a double take! 114 to 29. In a short space of time. I had to have a double take. Impressive. And the weight loss. 100lb. Well done on all fronts. An astounding achievement. You must feel on top of the world.

Re the maintaining. I think once you change to this way of eating it's quite easy to maintain. I can only go off my own experience and what I've read on here and other forums. For me I reached my goal weight over a year ago. I've kept to that very easily. It actually surprised me to be honest. I've only ever yoyod on diets.

Anyway well done again.

Reactions: Prem51 and Rachox

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like 2 different people
I'd like to "acknowledge" the "first" person because he's the person that made the change, he's the person who is the author of the "new". OK so this is all pretty split personality crazy but I do think it's important to recognise that Caeseji version 1 is the hero here.

I'm speaking as someone who has been the "same" person but has been received differently because of inconsequential reasons, and it makes me cross :)

I would have liked to have "right hand side picture person" as my friend (if he'd have me) and I'm not at home to Mr Fat Shaming (not saying anyone who's posted comments here is, but to the sensitive it could feel a bit like that).

Apologies if this is a bit of a downer, it's not meant to be.
CoP

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Wowsers my friend that is a complete transformation.. well done you!

Thanks BB! That means a lot, it always seems so dramatic doesn't it? I appreciate all the support you've given me.

Absolutely stunning progress and well deserved, @Caeseji. You look very handsome. Congrats on your results and all your hard work.

Gosh, thanks Ziggy! That means a lot coming from you, going to have to keep this up so I don't lose 'em.

What a stunning transformation @Caeseji . You're another one who has lost a whole me, plus my voluminous handbag.

You look so handsome and so much more at home in your own skin. Huge well done!

I really do keep forgetting just how light you are and thank you, that really puts it into perspective when you put it that way. I do feel that way now, probably just mainly down to feeling healthy again instead of the pains that I dealt with before.

Brilliant! You’re looking very dapper in your waistcoat. How many people have walked passed you and not recognised you?

And you were top of the bill on the DCUK email update today. Well done!

I am going to blush, I was top of the bill on the update?! Seriously?! o_O I really am flattered! Honestly a lot of them, friends whom haven't seen me in even as little as a year have to do a double take, one of my college buddies said it was only my distinctive walk that gave me away. Thanks Rachox, that seriously blows me away with all your kindness.

Incredible! You look FAB!
Thank you Brun! That just makes me grin to see that.

Wow what a stunning transformation well done and truly inspirational.
Just a bit of reassurance on the maintenance worries I’ve been amazed by how the body kind of settles once you reach your ideal weight. I’ve had to make some tweaks to adjust but am at low ideal weight still after achieving it around a year ago. I was always a serial gainer and loser with my many many low fat diets but keto keeps me weight stable, bgs in control in good health and more balanced, I used to have lots of anxiety and depression.
Great work - you look amazing @Caeseji
Awwwwh thanks Shelley! People like you spurred me into action and got me finally on the path to losing the weight I thought that would be with me for good. It's reassuring to hear that it stuck for you like this, not planning on changing anytime soon thanks to me eating the food I have always loved. Odd that, I noticed my bipolar disorder disappeared when I really got stuck into low carb, strange how that happens isn't it?

Wow. That's unbelievable. You're a superstar. A handsome superstar.

Okay NOW I REALLY AM BLUSHING. Thanks so much ert, everyone here is a superstar for fighting back this condition side by side.

Remarkable. Looks like two different people entirely.

Bravo sir.

Thank you very much sir, again people like you with the know-how and advice are what got me here so it means so much.

My hero

got stuck in straight away.
done the hard yards, full on.

smashed the HBA1c

Now this... what a transformation.
(and a hell of a nice guy to boot.)

been a pleasure watching your progress, young fella
look forward to your continuing success....
m1239.gif

Goodness me jjraak you are slaying me with these compliments, let us not say that we shy away from the grubby work, eh? Looking forward to your own as well and wishing you all the best. Thank you!

Well done on getting the weight off @Caesiji...
4F2mf.gif
Gonna keep on doing my best, that's for sure! Thank you!

Everybody has said it already but I can't let this post go past without saying OMG, you are looking fabulous!!!!!!!
It's so appreciated KK, I bought the clothes especially for my new job and they fit me perfectly so I had to show off a bit!

Thank you!

I’m impressed, great stuff.
I bow, I bow and I thank you for the kind words!

@Caeseji wow! What a stunning transformation. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
No more stunning than your own, it really did inspire me and thank you for all your help.

Good grief! What a transformation, not only in appearance but I can see confidence oozing from you in buckets. You rock.
I seem to have come out of the other end of a fog that I never knew was there, I finally feel like myself again and I suppose it shows?! You rock as well, especially with the newest HBA1C number and the journey you've been on!

Thank you ever so much!

Absolutely fantastic and so inspirational!!!
Thank you Snoddy! Gosh I hope that I am, there's so many people my own age that seem to just be stuck in a rut I want to be there to keep them going.

You are simply... AWESOME !
YOU ARE TOO! Thank you!

Wow! You even look different to your avatar pic.
Well done for all you have achieved. Also for inspiring others.
Probably because I was being natural, I was being a bit of a poser in my avatar but that picture is me how I am normally with goofy grins all the time. Thank you ever so much Pipp and heck you do the same!

Wonderful - well done!
Hehehe thank you!

Wow, wow, wow! So many congratulations, what an achievement. You are looking great, you must feel like a different person.
:)
Totally do at times, catch myself in the mirror and do a double take. Thank you ever so much!

That’s amazing! Well done dude, you look great!
Doing my best, dude and I really do hope things will be on the up and up for you too!

From Greazy GODZilla to cheesy mozzarella :D
What a change, inspiration to lot. Keep up the good work...you are looking awesome.
Mmmm.. Mozzarella, my fave cheese right there ;) Plus bonus points for noticing the King of the Monsters there too, thank you ever so much! I shall keep it up for as long as I am able.

What an amazing journey. Not only did you lose the weight, you restored your health. I took a peek at the A1c's listed in your profile. Wow. Just wow! And the best part is you have so much life to live ahead of you!

Thanks Winnie! Again you and the others really showed me the way and keep helping me to gather information that will keep helping me to keep my health. You've done so much to say how long you have had this condition too and I do hope that things keep getting better for you too.

You are an absolute winner on every level. Well done on your progress. You look absolutely fabulous.
Thanks ever so much, I am wishing you all the best for the future too!

A truly great guy, but not in the voluminous sense! We need more ambassadors like @Caeseji
Thank you! We really do, people that will want to get out there and show the way to the people just languishing but you know what? We have so many already being absolute stars in this forum.

superstar ...well done young sir.....
Thank you!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I followed that link @Rachox and what I saw made my jaw drop. What a transformation. It looks like 2 different people. You look very handsome, very happy and extremely healthy. Love your ensemble too. I think waistcoats are so suave and sophisticated. The look really suits you.

And then I turned my mobile sideways to enable me to see your signature. I had to have a double take! 114 to 29. In a short space of time. I had to have a double take. Impressive. And the weight loss. 100lb. Well done on all fronts. An astounding achievement. You must feel on top of the world.

Re the maintaining. I think once you change to this way of eating it's quite easy to maintain. I can only go off my own experience and what I've read on here and other forums. For me I reached my goal weight over a year ago. I've kept to that very easily. It actually surprised me to be honest. I've only ever yoyod on diets.

Anyway well done again.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the waistcoat, you really do flatter me! I do honestly, things have gotten so much better for me lately all in all and I hope that it keeps on going from there too. Fingers crossed in optimism for you too Debandez, you are a picture of beauty yourself and your determination is something I honestly could never hope to achieve.

Sometimes you just have to find that way of eating that suits you than just keeping it as a diet, you've found it and so have I and I do appreciate the reassurance and experience you bring.

you may have got rubbish BG genes but you got the handsome genes (in all your versions) but none of that matters compared to how lovely a person you are (from posts seen here). You are an inspiration (and I'm not remotely a "young un").
Thank you so much! I wish that I could have chucked them alongside my larger 'jeans' that no longer fit me but hey-ho, gotta live with something don't we? Thank you ever so much and that means so much to me that you do see me as a lovely person as you are yourself! A spectacular one!

I'd like to "acknowledge" the "first" person because he's the person that made the change, he's the person who is the author of the "new". OK so this is all pretty split personality crazy but I do think it's important to recognise that Caeseji version 1 is the hero here.

I'm speaking as someone who has been the "same" person but has been received differently because of inconsequential reasons, and it makes me cross :)

I would have liked to have "right hand side picture person" as my friend (if he'd have me) and I'm not at home to Mr Fat Shaming (not saying anyone who's posted comments here is, but to the sensitive it could feel a bit like that).

CoP
Trust me CoP, he would honestly have you as a friend and still would even now. You're not being a downer and you're completely right, our 'before' selves are the ones that decided to make that change and the ones that set us down the path. It's why I will never revile my old self for even a moment and why? Because it's a reminder of the mistakes I did make but the fact that I too made the decision to change.

I even look back and feel sadness, not in the sense of pity but more sympathy that version of me was so confused and resigned to just be fat and miserable. He kept eating and eating without knowing why but then found out why he went whole hog fixing it. In fact I wouldn't be here right now without the old me so I wish I could shake his hand.

So again thank you for that perspective, it's an important one that we should take on :cat:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

CoP

It looks like 2 different people. To me. No offence was meant. I wasnt fat shaming. Not that you said I was but I'm just clarifying.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34940

Something I just wanted to share with you all, especially for the young uns among us that are reeling from the news about diagnosis and so on. On the right is me around the time I got diagnosed and I learned the other day that I was 22 stone 12 lbs! 320 pounds for crying out loud! As of this week I am down to 14 stone 8 lbs or 204 pounds which caught me by surprise, I'd already crossed my 100lbs goal and then some and officially now under 100kg's for the first time since I was a teenager!

Yeah it's going to be maintaining all this that is the issue but you know what? When you can eat just twice a day and no longer feel hungry, it's liberating so I doubt I am going to let myself regain anytime soon. ESPECIALLY when I have flatlined my levels even whilst I am suffering from an infection.

Thanks to everyone here for inspiring and advising me, you're seriously the real heroes of this world :happy:
For a moment there, I didn't recognize you! Amazing work! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji What a testament to your motivation, effort and will to change your future and the admiring looks must be the bonus for you. Amazing.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really do keep forgetting just how light you are and thank you, that really puts it into perspective when you put it that way.

Proper lightweight. That'll be me.

Keep fighting that good fight.

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like 2 different people. To me. No offence was meant. I wasnt fat shaming. Not that you said I was but I'm just clarifying
Hi Debandez
apologies, I shouldn't have linked my comment to your post (as it looks like it's a personal response to your comment which it most certainly wasn't), it was lazy and thoughtless. Thank you for being so understanding your response.
Really sorry.
CoP