Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning.

Well according to all the tech I've been dead most of the night, well so far I seem to be proving the tech is wrong, which is rather nice.

Oh hypo if your wondering.

@ert don't forget that Sir Steve Redgrave is a T1 and Olympic Winning Rower so anything is possible and rowing in not impossible for any T1 :)
Cheers Knikki. He is type 2, but still, any diabetes is difficult to work with in terms of sport, especially at a high level.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning.

Well according to all the tech I've been dead most of the night, well so far I seem to be proving the tech is wrong, which is rather nice.

Oh hypo if your wondering.

@ert don't forget that Sir Steve Redgrave is a T1 and Olympic Winning Rower so anything is possible and rowing in not impossible for any T1 :)
Apologies if I’m wrong but I thought he was T2.

Reactions: Knikki

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, woke with blood sugar around 6, which is pretty much where I was when I went to sleep. There's a weird dip on the graph though, that I'm not convinced actually happened. New sensor maybe.

Sky looks very grey today, it ended up quite sunny yesterday, but doesn't look like it's going to do that today.

Have a good day, everyone.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
P-Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @hh1 I think I speak for everyone here, the first pic you ever post of your new dog will be right here on this thread later this afternoon - won't it?!?!!!!!!! can't wait :nailbiting:

the cats doing great, back to normal but still on some tablets - last blood test showed a slight increase in one of the figures so he was put back on some medication. Crushing the tablets and mixing it in with his food has save blood, tears and maybe a bit of sweat.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all. Slept late - thank you boss, so much for letting me have the morning off - and now I've had some coffee (not enough) and some toast & Marmite.

Later we'll pop over to my mil and take her to the hospital. We'll visit a short while but lots of visitors are tiring, so we'll leave mum with him and do our shopping (Sainsburys is only a hop and skip away), then go back to the hospital.

But it's so good to be at home!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bad, must have heard it wrong somewhere :)
I think initially the media ( lack of knowledge) went with “Steve Redgrave , Olympic rower is diabetic and injects insulin “
Must be T1 then:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Suspect his insulin regime from the outset may have been down to his upcoming Olympic exploits.
Of course I could be wrong.

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
@Knikki I had the same belief as you on the Steve Redgrave type. Either way it is still impressive.

@ert do NOT let type 1 stop you doing anything (well unless you want to be an astronaut or RAF fighter pilot....they do say no to them!)

Straightish line last night 7 - 8 so my basal tweak worked (for now!)

Just had an email off Easyjet regarding an extra cabin bag for all my "supplies" they said yes BUT my DSN/GP must write down exactly whats in the bag, on proper letter headed paper........

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just purchased 'Bright Spots and Landmines', by Adam Brown on type 1. Has anyone heard of it? It was recommended by Troy Stapleton, Oz type 1 LCHF guy, whom I follow.
I’ve read it, it’s good! Some useful techniques.

Looking forward to seeing puppy and cat photos, my cat went super goth and brought an actual bat in the other night. Perhaps he’s decorating for Halloween.

Not much to report, couple of high alarms in the night but nothing over 8. Woke up on a 5.6. Fiddling with overrides at the moment. Just off up to see the vampires for bloods in time for my clinic appointment at the end of the month.

Have a good one x

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think initially the media ( lack of knowledge) went with “Steve Redgrave , Olympic rower is diabetic and injects insulin “
Must be T1 then:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Suspect his insulin regime from the outset may have been down to his upcoming Olympic exploits.
Of course I could be wrong.
Don't post on this thread very often but from what I read after his Olympic exploits his consultant put him into an insulin regime to help his body process the HUGE amount of carbs he needed to train and compete.

So yes T2d (who I personally suspect had stuffed his insulin sensitivity with his carb loading)

There was a fair bit about him in the press for some reason about 6 months after I was diagnosed - & feeling awful still - & various family members took it upon themselves to do the "well Steve won a medal so I don't see what your problem is" type chats. I did look into him then and he said he was T2 but he felt that all diabetics on insulin were the same.

I will leave it to each of us as to whether we agree / disagree with that.

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
P-Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @hh1 I think I speak for everyone here, the first pic you ever post of your new dog will be right here on this thread later this afternoon - won't it?!?!!!!!!! can't wait :nailbiting:

the cats doing great, back to normal but still on some tablets - last blood test showed a slight increase in one of the figures so he was put back on some medication. Crushing the tablets and mixing it in with his food has save blood, tears and maybe a bit of sweat.
@slip great to hear your pussum's doing so well. Yes, expect there'll be a tiny pic or two later.....:happy::happy::happy:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Circuspony . I agree with you. Using an individual like Steve Redgrave as a benchmark is ridiculous and yes I think if he hadn’t of been an Olympic rower his medication for diabetes control would have been different.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Circuspony . I agree with you. Using an individual like Steve Redgrave as a benchmark is ridiculous and yes I think if he hadn’t of been an Olympic rower his medication for diabetes control would have been different.
Totally. It’s like telling a person in a wheelchair that they should be a Paralympic level athlete.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So the majority of us seem to think Sir Steve Redgrave is T2 (and I'll agree with that) but going by therowers signature "don’t confuse the truth with the opinion of the majority." He's not T2 then! :hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sighs deeply.

On the plus side, I've actually seen the consultant for the first time since being referred. I've got a referral to a DAFNE course and commendation for all I've been doing so far in a Japes' adventures with insulin. Also, my blood pressure behaved beautifully. We agreed amicably to disagree on the question of statins as the HDL and the ratio was good even if the overall number was less so.

Hba1c, however, is up by 5 points which has made me resigned, (as it's exactly what my spreadsheet average suggested) but grumpy. As has having to contact HR to ask about time off in term time for the DAFNE course. It's meant breaking my "No looking at work e-mails out of work hours." rule.

Reactions: porl69 and becca59