NHS England seeking community views for new type 2 diabetes website

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Done.
Gave them an ear bending about having a site purely for T2 Diabetes.
As we see here, there is a strong overlap for those who use LCHF, insulin, and things like the Freestyle Libre amongst many other things.
Also, what about Reactive Hypoglycemia for one?
Forgot to mention T1s initially diagnosed as T2s and vice versa.
I think one site should cover all aspects, plus associated therapies and lifestyle choices.

Reactions: Brunneria

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at the survey and it feels to me like a student project with the aim of creating a web site. If it is, the student will have a number of criteria to meet one of which is probably to canvas the end user for their opinions. The questions also appear not to be about content, rather about format. Sadly I decided to pass.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did give it another go but gave up - questions about the name - what are they thinking?
It put me in mind of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic or ordering new curtains when the towerblock is on fire.
It should not be about how can we appeal to people or what tone to take in conversations - for fifty years I have been trying to get HCPs to listen to what I am telling them to take me seriously and give me sensible advice based on what I have experienced - it is not much to ask for - surely.
I read that someone in deep trouble was treated for pneumonia when the problem was that they had had an operation recently and their dental plate had dropped into the back of their throat and 'been lost'. The plate was easily retrieved with forceps but only after considerable damage had been done.