Type 1 Type 1 low carb and weight loss

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone

I started on a low carb diet with my partner just over a month ago in a bid to lose some weight after having my twins. I also am very insulin resistant i.e bolus ratio of 1:5 and basal of 28U in am and 34U in pm. I’m also on 2 metformin tablets a day. I’ve not lost any weight at all and wondered if I’m doing something wrong?

It’s really disheartening as I hate the way I look and upset I’ve cut out so many foods I love to try and do this but it’s not working. Is the weight loss something that happens very slowly and I need to have patience?

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't she'd much light on this however I can recommend slimming world as a great way to lose weight but also achieve some amazing blood glucose results.
I reduced to 1 unit to 10 grams and my basal from 28U to 14U whilst following their plan.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very hard to say, as "low carb diet" is not well defined. If you list everything you have eaten and drunk over the last few days, someone may spot if you are doing something wrong.

However, it is possible you are losing fat and gaining muscle, hence it is worth considering waist measurement as well as weight.