ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
So the majority of us seem to think Sir Steve Redgrave is T2 (and I'll agree with that) but going by therowers signature "don’t confuse the truth with the opinion of the majority." He's not T2 then! :hilarious:
From the horse's mouth. I worked with said horse for 18 months. He's T2.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert the question is whats his numbers like - straight 5's no doubt - gold standard..........:D

Reactions: Knikki

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
P-Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @hh1 I think I speak for everyone here, the first pic you ever post of your new dog will be right here on this thread later this afternoon - won't it?!?!!!!!!! can't wait :nailbiting:

the cats doing great, back to normal but still on some tablets - last blood test showed a slight increase in one of the figures so he was put back on some medication. Crushing the tablets and mixing it in with his food has save blood, tears and maybe a bit of sweat.
I hide my cats pills in cheese - goes down quite quickly as well.

Reactions: Marie 2

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland Well done on the weight loss. I too am on Toujeo, though not large amounts. I take in the morning as it suits my lifestyle. I find that every couple of months I have to up or down it a unit depending on results. Upped it to 10 yesterday as continually rising during a long fasting period. Plus bad DP. In a few weeks lows will start particularly in the night and I will reduce it. A few weeks later I may have to reduce again. I found this difficult pre Libre, but now can immediately see when I need to adjust. Range 7-10 units.

Thanks Becca

Reactions: Alison54321

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning all, woke on a 4.5, I'll take that.

Puppy day today. I get her some time this afternoon. One baby gate is in place, the other has to go on the stairs between a wobbly old stone wall and a curvy newel post so that'll be fun. Haven't attempted it yet as I need another pair of hands, plus of course the plumbers are up and down the stairs a lot so I want to leave it as late as poss. Shame she'll be coming home on a rainy day but I'm not postponing it!

@Cumberland congrats on getting your numbers down, and how's baby Whispa doing?

Have a good day all whatever you're up to.

Thanks

Little Wispa is a ray of sunshine and a good girl

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my best ever HbA1c of 57 so pleased

I have been referred to a neurologist by my GP as neuropathy has me in agony
How are we supposed to choose our ratings when you post 2 bits deserving opposite ratings in one post?

Anyway, here you go for the first part:
images

And here for the second part:
images

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Have I missed the puppy pics?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh did @Antje77 get it right! Snuggling, playing, cuddling, all of that. Then my camera went wrong and my phone wouldn't talk to my computer but: here she is!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm assuming you can see the pic @Antje77, it doesn't show in my screen. more pics to follow when I have someone more techie here to sort out what's going on. But she's a beauty and I'm defo in lurrrrrrrv. All I have to do is decide on her name....

She seems pretty confident so far; loved the two plumbers, slept and snored on my friend's lap on the way home (over an hour's drive) has explored everywhere she can, selected her own blanket from a pile of them....I'm shutting up now as my puppy needs me....:happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: Diakat

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm assuming you can see the pic @Antje77, it doesn't show in my screen. more pics to follow when I have someone more techie here to sort out what's going on. But she's a beauty and I'm defo in lurrrrrrrv. All I have to do is decide on her name....

She seems pretty confident so far; loved the two plumbers, slept and snored on my friend's lap on the way home (over an hour's drive) has explored everywhere she can, selected her own blanket from a pile of them....I'm shutting up now as my puppy needs me....:happy::happy::happy:

She's lovely.