Wholewheat pasta

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pau1200 a few years back, a study was done showing that reheated pasta didn't raise blood sugars as much as freshly cooked pasta. I've never tried it myself but you might want to give it a try, to see what happens.
On the rare occasions I have it I always cook, cool by running under a cold tap and reheat my pasta and it does seem to make a difference

Lizzie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I’ve been keeping my blood sugar under control and settled into a routine with food and all seemed to be going well until yesterday. Monday we do a spagbol with wholewheat pasta and my sugars rise a bit but drop to 7 after 2 hours. Today though it was up to 13 2 hours after and just got up to visit the loo and checked it and it’s still up at 11 (8hrs). For months I haven’t had reading like this, could it be I can no longer tolerate the pasta? Medication wise I’m on sukkarto 1000mg.

I’ve started using courgetti - I’ve got a spiraliser - but I think you’re u can buy it in Tesco. Once it’s covered in nice home made tomato sauce it’s just like pasta without the carbs - even my husband likes it!

Reactions: jjraak

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From time to time Lidl have sets of three plastic cones with inbuilt sharp edge, coarse and fine 'getti and spirals in each set - and very cheap.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From time to time Lidl have sets of three plastic cones with inbuilt sharp edge, coarse and fine 'getti and spirals in each set - and very cheap.
I’ve got one - works ok but a devil to clean!