What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Tea
At 10 (which today was like 1pm since I woke so early) nuts, cheese cubes and cwc
Long walk with the two dogs
Lunch at 2, 2 slices LC bread with assorted cheese. Yoghurt with berries.
Evening. 2 egg omelette with chives and parsley, filled with some of yesterday’s roasted veg and some feta.
Edit. Forgot the glass of white wine.
IMG_5848.jpg

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all another hectic day so ended up omad by default.
Coffee with cream throughout day to keep me energetic
Dinner a few lc crispbreads nibbled while cooking along with white wine spritzer, two lamb chops, cabbage medley with a few onions and small glass of red wine followed by a few homegrown raspberries with full fat Greek yoghurt. Now having decaf coffee and about to indulge in a few squares of 100% choc.
Lovely evening the sun is just slowly setting forecast not good for Friday so planning an indoors work day so no doubt will be back to three small meals - I get bored when stuck indoors working at PC but needs must!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Not a very imaginative food day, but after eating way too much yesterday, back to more sensible portions.

Lunch was 4 rashers bacon, 3 fried eggs and some grated cheese.

Dinner was 2 rashers bacon, 3 fried eggs and some grated cheese.

Tea with cream this morning and again post dinner.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold tuna melt with leafy salad, two orange rapture tomatoes and a little cucumber followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and mature cheddar omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling so much better today, thank goodness as Grandaughters round.
CWC this morning.
Lunch was the bit of steak I left yesterday, thinly sliced with h/m coleslaw and avocado.
Mid aft CWC at a cafe
Dinner a DD recipe: Pulled pork with roasted tomato salad. Very nice - made with belly pork cooked in slow cooker. Followed by the first blackberry clafoutis of the year! ( with cream) Took the girls blackberrying down the lane and was quite surprised at how many were ripe.
I’m going to follow one of the DD 2 week meal planners just because I’ve run out of inspiration of what to cook. If this evenings is anything to go by it’ll be great, and I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s meals already.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays food
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2
Lunch: small egg mayo salad
Supper: Baked salmon, tenderstem brocolli, 1 tabsp mashed carrot & swede
6 raspberries and small Danone low yogurt

@Annb sorry for the sickness, hope you are better now.

After giving my stomach an easier time today, it seems to be responding reasonably well, thanks. I'll try some salad tomorrow and see what happens.

The corned beef that I made doesn't taste as I expected and it has come to me that it actually tastes something like pastrami - which I do not like. It was an experiment which didn't work. No 2 son's dogs will enjoy it no doubt. I'll stick to roasting joints of meat and then slice them thinly with my new electric slicer - cuts a lot thinner than I can with a knife.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yesterday ..breakfast 2 bacon tinned tomatoes 1 and a half slices of w/m toast and cup of tea.
lunch low carb sausage and plain omelette coffee.
evening meal 2 pork chops and some stir fried peppers and onion ...bit too much meat for me .
snacked on some cheese in afternoon .
total carbs 65.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 & @Annb - sorry to read you're unwell and especially on your birthday @Annb. Wishing you both good health and a belated Happy Birthday x.
@Goonergal - glad to see my brain waves penetrated Hotel Chocolate! The new shop has now opened at the Fort so I will be paying them a visit as I only have 1 50g bar left. @ianpspurs hope your other test results are as good.
I have 2 days to catch up on but fairly straightforward as they are pretty much identical.
Wednesday - Bed 4.5 FBG 4.7 Thursday bed 6.4 FBG 8.5!! Got a DP up to 11 as well. Feel a bit queasy but not horribly unwell.
Both days
B. TAG with ADOC
L. King Cherry chewing - about 6 each day.
D. 3 thin cut air fried lamb chops with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 4 santini tomatoes and Helmans - oh and a GF pork chipolata.
On Wednesday I had a LC creme brulee but not on Thurdays.
School is back the last 2 days and both boys are happy, settled and like their new teachers. I'm still adjusting to the school run and sleeping in a small bed (or trying to). I did get to Aqua yesterday which brought my BGs down to normal levels and thankfully the asbestos test in our bedroom was confirmed negative yesterday too. I can now get into our bedroom to clear the dust and strip down the bed. We now know only half the ceiling will be taken down. However, we have to remove all furniture from the room. I have no idea where I am going to put a king size bed for the duration of the repairs. Thankfully it can be unscrewed into half the size but still don't know where it will go. We may end up camping in the garden!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 thanks for recipe links. I often look at your CMT for inspiration!
Such a wet miserable day - had to physically lift Dennis and plonk him in the garden at intervals when he needed the toilet, he refused to go out. Ended up going to Pets at Home for a bit of a sniffy diversion for him this aft. Ended up spending over £30 which wasn’t the plan.
Today is day 2 of my DD meal planner so
B: CWC
L: keto Taco Meatzza
D: Venezuelan chicken salad on Romaine lettuce leaves
What I like about their menu plans is that you cook only once a day so you double the amount of dinner and have it for lunch next day. (I should have had pulled pork left over for today but yesterday ended up with all 3 daughters here unexpectedly so none left)
Middle daughter still driving back to London having had a 4 hr interview this morning and setting off straight afterwards at 1pm. She texted me a few moments ago at 18:00 when she’d stopped at services, to say satmav says 4 hrs to go still and getting longer every few minutes!! Makes Pets at Home seem positively fun.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hope middle daughter arrives soon yuk rain and motorways on a Friday afternoon.....
I’ve been stuck indoors in wet working on pc but better than being out there I’m with Dennis!
Breakfast Hilo bread with bacon and egg
Lunch cheese, celery and lc seeded crispbreads followed by choc olive cake and yoghurt
Dinner trout in lemon butter with asparagus and broccoli and cauliflower cheese ( had to use frozen veg no fresh cauliflower and nowhere near as nice I thought but looks like with veg shortage fresh cauliflower could be off the list for now!) followed by lemon mousse and yoghurt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I agree with you about the meal plans. It is nice only cooking once a day but I found after a few days that I couldn't cope with all the food in 3 meals. It was too much. I like how now you can remove meals, substitute and adapt it for fasting. I remember the infamous "Cabbagegate" when @Chook, (where is @Chook?) @Brunneria and myself got the cabbage quantity horribly wrong. We couldn't move for the things!
Bed 6.8 FBG 7.7. Still got a DP surge but not as bad as yesterday. I know I'm a bit "off" as my legs are bothering me too and my legs being bad is always a sign something is lurking.
B. TAG with ADOC. Had a slice of mortadella to stem the DP.
L. Early because this is half day and Lego Club is back. 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of toasted Hilo.
D. Oomi noodle carbonara.

Very proud of the boys this week. No 2 got a Certificate yesterday for "making the right choices". Finally got through to him that the way to deal with his tormentors is don't react. No 1 surpassed all expectations. He came out today with a certificate as most valued pupil. The pupil who had contributed most to the class and had consistently achieved all 5 school values every day. He's as proud as punch and no wonder.

Ah well, Hubby back to football tomorrow and I'll make a start on moving stuff in the bedroom.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was 2 pork sausages and a rasher of bacon - last in that pack.
The young woman who cleans my floors for me (I can do everything else, but can't stand up to do the floors) finally arrived - last saw her 3 weeks ago and she's been having a hard time with first her mother being ill so she had to go south to help her, then her husband was rushed away to Inverness (Raigmore Hospital) because of kidney stones, then returned to the island and currently in Western Isles Hospital) - that's been taking up her time and attention, of course. But she just arrived out of the blue to do the floors so I couldn't get into the kitchen to cook so -
Lunch was a quick salad with cottage cheese.
Dinner wasn't as I had intended - a nice, easy going lamb roast with some broccoli - but GDaughter came in from school - her Mum had been called in to work. Dad picked her up at 5.15. "I'll just put my feet up for a few minutes and then make a start on the lamb" I thought but a few minutes later the phone rang - "Are you coming to the children's class tonight?" I had totally forgotten that it would be on now that the schools are back. So I just heated through a couple of slices of black pudding and fried a couple of eggs, gulped it down and left. I was late, but I did get there in one piece. Not the evening meal I would have chosen but I had to do something quick. I'll be out tomorrow evening as well so I'd better have my lamb at lunch time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: I missed lunch which isn’t like me, but I waited in for an Amazon parcel which made my trip to the swimming pool late so I got back too late to eat!
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold sweet chilli chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Edited for typo

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@DJC3

Very proud of the boys this week. No 2 got a Certificate yesterday for "making the right choices". Finally got through to him that the way to deal with his tormentors is don't react. No 1 surpassed all expectations. He came out today with a certificate as most valued pupil. The pupil who had contributed most to the class and had consistently achieved all 5 school values every day. He's as proud as punch and no wonder.

Ah well, Hubby back to football tomorrow and I'll make a start on moving stuff in the bedroom.

Congratulations to your boys for their achievements.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Daughter has just rung to say she’s back. Over 9 hrs - that must be a record for a journey of less than 300 miles. You’re right about travelling on rainy Fridays @shelley262 . I haven’t tried frozen cauliflower rice, I wonder if the price of that will go up now too, even though it would have been harvested before the shortage.
@maglil55 cabbagegate sounds hilarious, I wish I’d been here then. Luckily this particular meal plan ( Avocado lovers menu) just gives coffee and cream for breakfast, I don’t add anything like the quantity of cream they suggest so it’s been ok. It’s nice not having to think about what to have for a week.
Well done to the boys for their achievements. A successful first week back.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Nile perch fillets, salad.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, smoky bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee, water.

The grandsons came home from the bowls club with a couple of bags of capsicums and zucchinis yesterday arvo, that one of the growers had dropped in there for the members. The zucchinis went to the goat farm as we do not like them, the grandsons did not know that.

Viv19

@DJC3 - I agree with you about the meal plans. It is nice only cooking once a day but I found after a few days that I couldn't cope with all the food in 3 meals. It was too much. I like how now you can remove meals, substitute and adapt it for fasting. I remember the infamous "Cabbagegate" when @Chook, (where is @Chook?) @Brunneria and myself got the cabbage quantity horribly wrong. We couldn't move for the things!
Bed 6.8 FBG 7.7. Still got a DP surge but not as bad as yesterday. I know I'm a bit "off" as my legs are bothering me too and my legs being bad is always a sign something is lurking.
B. TAG with ADOC. Had a slice of mortadella to stem the DP.
L. Early because this is half day and Lego Club is back. 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of toasted Hilo.
D. Oomi noodle carbonara.

Maglil55. i was wondering too, where is Chook?

Reactions: maglil55