Coors light

Wojo38

Hello
Anybody drinking that beer here please?Coors Light
We bought this one becouse I read it has low carbs about 5g of carbs in 330 ml.
We bought 2 cans and now I read it says on can 11.9 g carbs in 440 ml
I am confused I can understand that it is 100 ml biger but it like double carb amount,I would expext like 7- 8g per 440ml.
We took this one becouse even here people says it is okeish for dt2 if you have to have beer,now I feel bad.dont understand it.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hello
Anybody drinking that beer here please?Coors Light
We bought this one becouse I read it has low carbs about 5g of carbs in 330 ml.
We bought 2 cans and now I read it says on can 11.9 g carbs in 440 ml
I am confused I can understand that it is 100 ml biger but it like double carb amount,I would expext like 7- 8g per 440ml.
We took this one becouse even here people says it is okeish for dt2 if you have to have beer,now I feel bad.dont understand it.

Your maths is right, and my googling gets the same figures for coors light as you.

Their\website says 5g per 330ml too.

But other websites say 12g per 440ml......
Hmm, you'd hope the manufacturers would have the correct figures.

Don't suppose you can post an image of the product info on the back of the can?

It doesn't help that the product has different names/packaging in different countries...

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
As all of us are different, the affect different food and drink have on us is different.
The only way to know if Coors Light is ok for you (or your husband) to drink or not is to test, drink and test 2 hours later.

True, but it's very helpful to know the nominal carbs in a product before consuming. And it really doesn't help if the manufacturers' website says one figure and the info on the packaging says twice that....

Caprock94

Light beer has little to no affect on my blood sugar. Granted, I only drink occasionally and usually only a few beers. Coors Light is a good choice. Michelob Ultra is my favorite. 2.6 carbs.

Wojo38

Thanks for respons
I just feel little cheated becose I told hubby go and take this one, becoce it has low carbs.so he did,it has zero sugar is that help?we need to look for diffrent beer now,or look on a label

Attachments

• 20190817_080839.jpg
    20190817_080839.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 4,852

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am confused to. The bottle's - 330 ml - label states 8.9 carbs but on the internet it states 5 carbs. If it was 8.9 carbs then it shouldn't be called light beer?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mean it depends on how much your husband drinks, if he was sharing it with you it would be low carb. Otherwise let your husband drink one can and test to see if it has any impact on his blood sugars. It is low carb compared to other beers or it's non light version. I mean 11.9g for the entire can that's pretty good though no?

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I mean it depends on how much your husband drinks, if he was sharing it with you it would be low carb. Otherwise let your husband drink one can and test to see if it has any impact on his blood sugars. It is low carb compared to other beers or it's non light version. I mean 11.9g for the entire can that's pretty good though no?
acording to carbs and cals book
ales17 grams per pint (568 ml)
lagers 4% 12g per pint
stout 18 g per pint
cider dry 15g per pint
cider sweet 24 g per pint
clearly stronger beers will be more carbs
have been having coors light occasionly but i wonder if it just good marketing on their part!
the low alchohol beers all seem to have more carb content than the with alchohol equivilents
i know ales like ghost ship will raise my f. b.s

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink Coors every week, a can and a bottle at a time. Today I got my latest results. Hba1c. 30 Since March 2015 I haven't been above that. March 2014 I was Hba1c 55. No medication only low carb.

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
I drink Coors in the pub if its there. However I find any lagers or spirits lower my blood sugar anyway. If I go out I drink upwards of 8 pints of lager. The morning after my fbs is usually less than 5. If I have not had a drink its about 5.5. I would not however advocate getting hammered to lower fbs although its an experiment I'm sure many will enjoy :)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink Coors in the pub if its there. However I find any lagers or spirits lower my blood sugar anyway. If I go out I drink upwards of 8 pints of lager. The morning after my fbs is usually less than 5. If I have not had a drink its about 5.5. I would not however advocate getting hammered to lower fbs although its an experiment I'm sure many will enjoy :)
its beginning to dawn on me that after having several beers the night before.. testing before bed and fasting blood sugars have been in the very low fives ..
now .. ive been very smug with myself about this but realise now that the liver is dealing with the alcohol..
...just lately ive noticed f..b.s has been very high fives to sixes coinciding with a general cutting down on imbibing beer... i am thinking now though that maybe ive been a bit compalcent and thinking that i im indestructable..... what harm have i really been doing? .. im on no meds since june last year and a mixture of l.c.h.f.and fasting from 2000 to 1100 hours daily.;... my last hb1ac in june was 34...
editid to add... after a boozy afternoon and evening fasting blood sugars were 4.9 ...so false reading..

Last edited:

Steveg1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I like a drink too but I started on micklelob ultra bottles they very low carb 2 carbs in one bottle