What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. It rained so much yesterday I really struggled to get Dennis out at all. I had to physically carry him outside every couple of hours for toilet breaks. He looked so forlorn, the fluffy puppy replaced by a drowned rat. Still looks grim outside.
My eldest daughter and her family are off for a weeks camping holiday in Devon today, hope it brightens up a bit for them.
@Muddy Cyclist the issue with your signature showing you are insulin dependent has happened before. Tagging @DCUKMod to help.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. It rained so much yesterday I really struggled to get Dennis out at all. I had to physically carry him outside every couple of hours for toilet breaks. He looked so forlorn, the fluffy puppy replaced by a drowned rat. Still looks grim outside.
My eldest daughter and her family are off for a weeks camping holiday in Devon today, hope it brightens up a bit for them.
@Muddy Cyclist the issue with your signature showing you are insulin dependent has happened before. Tagging @DCUKMod to help.
Thank you, hope it gets sorted and I can remove that ridiculous banner in my signature box.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1547850787761.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A very forlorn 7.3 this morning after another safe day of food. A week of creeping FBG (was 5.3 before dinner of lamb steak, mushrooms and tomato at 7pm, didnt test after. Either my natural supply of insulin is drying up as my Endo predicted or I have a very dodgy tub of strips. Not home till Sunday so cant change them. Anyway no breakfast for me and a light day required.
A brighter start to the day here in Kent so washing on the agenda today. Yesterday was disgusting.
Hope you all enjoy Saturday. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a beautiful start to the day the sun is out I have had some coffee...shall I have some more & check how many posts I have missed here...yes why not...lots of frantic forum activity & we have 'insulingate' to solve see @Muddy Cyclist … can we track down the hacker...is there a cash reward (just had the water bill)… woke to a 5.9

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bon Weekend everyone. The sun is shining, the sky is still there and the trees are gently swaying like Señoritas who can sway.

The wonder wheel of clandestine data mining and misrepresented outcomes issued a 4.8 at 0600. Probably going to be all downhill from there.

I ran out of my flax seed crackers last night, using the last of them to make a sort of nachos and melted cheese combo with sliced pickled onions and jalapeños. So, today, best make some more and while I am at it, some flax seed wraps.

Have a great day if you can, hugs for those who want one. Koffy calls.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept this morning.
8:20am what time to wake up, 1/2 the day already gone.

Mrs J experimented last night making a diabetic cheesecake yesterday for pudding, so I am blaming that for my 7.8 this morning and oversleeping. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Well folks have a great day, avoid the Reading area Chaos and mayhem will be out and about.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

the sun is out already this morning :)

I'm making dinner for mum and her visitors today so they're getting meatballs and mediterranean veg in a tomato cream sauce with lashings of cheese on top, a side salad and some pasta. Bread and butter pudding for afters ;) I shall have a large salad and a portion of meatballs followed by my lc chocolate sponge and full fat greek yoghurt.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Viv19

I have a large quantity of yoghurt in the instant pot - should be ready in a couple of hours. Crossing everything that it is lovely thick yoghurt that I can make ice cream with. My complete weakness. I did buy some Halo once but it seemed very sweet and I scoffed it very quickly. ;-( Bad habits.
Also waiting (still) for OH’s new laptop to be delivered. Guess who has to install everything (in German). Right! He’s a complete technophobe. I absolutely hate doing that. Even a new iPhone sits in its box waiting for me to have the required number of functioning grey cells to set it up.
I might go back to bed and hide.
Typo edit

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60 and DJC3

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A horrendous 2.9 through the night I have glucogel beside me on bedside table and I needed it all

Since that I’ve been stable

5.6 at 9am

Have a great weekend everyone

Reactions: Freema and Viv19

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bloods

After some comments about having 3 Rivita, cream cheese and smoked salmon for breakfast, it was the Rivita that was a concern, I promised to keep all informed on how my reduced Carb breakfast affected my Blood Sugar.

Before stopping the Rivita my average readings were 5.5 to 6.5.

The new findings of Dracula

Date.
14 Aug. Before 5.7 After 7.4 18 carbs grams with 3 Rivita the 7.4 is unusual
15 Aug. Before 5.3 After 6.0 5 carbs grams
16 Aug. Before 5.5 After 7.3 7 carbs grams my cold OR the biscuit I had at 20.30 last night)
17 Aug. Before 5.6. After 6.2 2 carbs grams

Reactions: Freema and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. A very forlorn 7.3 this morning after another safe day of food. A week of creeping FBG (was 5.3 before dinner of lamb steak, mushrooms and tomato at 7pm, didnt test after. Either my natural supply of insulin is drying up as my Endo predicted or I have a very dodgy tub of strips. Not home till Sunday so cant change them. Anyway no breakfast for me and a light day required.
A brighter start to the day here in Kent so washing on the agenda today. Yesterday was disgusting.
Hope you all enjoy Saturday. Stay well, stay safe.

Hi @PenguinMum

not sure if it helps, BUT...

whenever i have over indulged, (holiday usually)
whether for a week or more, my FG does reflect that level of naughty activity long after i am back,
regardless of how good the scores were at the time of eating / drinking
OR how rigorous i am with my diet once home..

I now kinda see it as i clean the body of sugars..(or at least made a space for more without it registering in my bloods)
BUT as the days pass by, my body doesn't quite get rid of the extra as well as it did, and at some point the FBG starts to climb
It's only well i get back, that even by eating to my new normal regime, that i spotted the FBG was still higher then before i went away.

this is the point were i began to think that food intake V BG was not always linear.

I ate far less sugary things early days BG stayed high
then for no apparent reason (nothing was different except i kept to the regime ) it dropped.

I think the same happens in reverse..over a few days BECAUSE we have taken care of business so to speak re carbs, the creep up is NOT pickled up straight away, but lurks until, like a pint of milk, with the top not put back on tightly, lying on its side in the fridge..it drip, drip, drips, until the FBG mounts enough to warrant a little worry " *** is going on :wideyed::***: "

may not be correct, but it 'seems ' to fit most of my elevated highs post holidays, etc.

And the Dublin run, i bet was magnificent,
but hard not to have dropped a little vigilance here and there..and why not :)

Worth considering .

best wishes it steadies over the next week or so.