Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh wow, I wish I can be that simple, I have to go full face or none at all. :hilarious:
My hair is quite dark so I have to fry it in order to get any colour in it. But I'd die to have thick hair like my bf :( His hair is so lush and thick, even his eyelashes as well. :grumpy::mad:
I hate the feel of foundation, and it really suffocates the skin. I am fortunate to have pretty smooth, clear skin though. I suspect the reason I wear so little makeup is because I’m terrible at it. My husband has thick, lustrous hair so long he can actually sit on it, I’m green with envy.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate the feel of foundation, and it really suffocates the skin. I am fortunate to have pretty smooth, clear skin though. I suspect the reason I wear so little makeup is because I’m terrible at it. My husband has thick, lustrous hair so long he can actually sit on it, I’m green with envy.
The makeup game nowadays is adding a lot of extra steps we don't need tbh. But I can't live without highlighter so I need to pack that on. :hilarious: Urgh, I tell my bf to donate some of his hair and add it on my head. :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone have any advice or anything that I can request from my consultant on the subject of working in a busy environment? Since DAFNE, I know I need to snack during the time that I'm working because I am on my feet and reduce my insulin. However I find it very difficult when I need a correction dose especially when the place is busy and they need you or when I hypo and need time out. I don't want to talk to customers with my mouth full of carbs or get orders wrong, it has happened in the past where I made a lot of mistakes because I was hypoing in the middle of it. But you might say they can survive without you for 30 mins or 5 mins, right? This were the issues I had when I was working in a restaurant and it was busy.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The makeup game nowadays is adding a lot of extra steps we don't need tbh. But I can't live without highlighter so I need to pack that on. :hilarious: Urgh, I tell my bf to donate some of his hair and add it on my head. :hilarious:
I always thought highlighters were fluorescent yellow pens... #toooldforallthis

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Does anyone have any advice or anything that I can request from my consultant on the subject of working in a busy environment? Since DAFNE, I know I need to snack during the time that I'm working because I am on my feet and reduce my insulin. However I find it very difficult when I need a correction dose especially when the place is busy and they need you or when I hypo and need time out. I don't want to talk to customers with my mouth full of carbs or get orders wrong, it has happened in the past where I made a lot of mistakes because I was hypoing in the middle of it. But you might say they can survive without you for 30 mins or 5 mins, right? This were the issues I had when I was working in a restaurant and it was busy.
Well, under the Equality Act 2010 they are legally obliged to make reasonable adjustments for us. So if you need time to test and correct, they have to allow it. However, it wouldn’t mean that we can flounce around not doing our jobs because we’re not taking care of our diabetes properly. As an example, the reasonable adjustments specified by Occupational Health for my paramedic course are that I must be allowed to keep my phone on me at al, times, and to be allowed to wear my smartwatch (which goes against the “bare below the elbow” policy) as it’s part of my BG monitoring system. Plus that if I need to take glucose or use my phone to bolus, that I’m allowed to do so wherever and whenever.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings my fellow teabags hope you are all having a good weekend.

last night fitted my new sensor, giving it 24 hours to soak in. Did some gardening this morning took off my T shirt to go for a shower and felt the sensor come away. GRRrrrrrrrrrrr.

Of course tried to contact Abbot but they do not work weekends, which I thought in this day and age of customer service is pretty poor.Luckily I have a spare one.

OR can this be put back on somehow. Any thoughts?????

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Greetings my fellow teabags hope you are all having a good weekend.

last night fitted my new sensor, giving it 24 hours to soak in. Did some gardening this morning took off my T shirt to go for a shower and felt the sensor come away. GRRrrrrrrrrrrr.

Of course tried to contact Abbot but they do not work weekends, which I thought in this day and age of customer service is pretty poor.Luckily I have a spare one.

OR can this be put back on somehow. Any thoughts?????
I’ve put one back in that fell off, but it was immediately while the hole was still open - and it was on my chest where I could see it. Worked fine, but if the hole has started to clot, there’s no chance.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, under the Equality Act 2010 they are legally obliged to make reasonable adjustments for us. So if you need time to test and correct, they have to allow it. However, it wouldn’t mean that we can flounce around not doing our jobs because we’re not taking care of our diabetes properly. As an example, the reasonable adjustments specified by Occupational Health for my paramedic course are that I must be allowed to keep my phone on me at al, times, and to be allowed to wear my smartwatch (which goes against the “bare below the elbow” policy) as it’s part of my BG monitoring system. Plus that if I need to take glucose or use my phone to bolus, that I’m allowed to do so wherever and whenever.
Thank you, that's actually good to know. :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ooh, that’s a nice one. I have a plain purple leather one on mine. I use it so much! Especially if I’m awake at night and don’t want to disturb husbeast.

That's one brilliant thing about them - my husband wakes up at noises and lights but with a kindle - the page is lit enough to read but not to disturb. Love it! And the charge just goes on and on.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve put one back in that fell off, but it was immediately while the hole was still open - and it was on my chest where I could see it. Worked fine, but if the hole has started to clot, there’s no chance.
Thanks @Mel dCP tried that but did not work, ah well least I have a spare one. Will get onto Abbot on Monday

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski always swam before work so was clean and sweet smelling. As I worked with primary kids, I needed to crawl around the floor and deal with snot and sick on a regular basis and sit on teeny weeny chairs. Also, very important not to have a cleavage on show by year 6 and be prepared for glue, glitter and standing on steps to put up displays. Also temperature control was non existent. Freezing in winter and boiling in summer. Office temperature rules don’t apply in schools. We once had no boiler for a week and all wore coats hats and gloves including the kids. Basically trousers, tops, a good cardigan and flat shoes and what was the point of make up. Ah the memories!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Weird thing happened last night while watching the news. An item came on saying that Peter Fonda had died, and our autographed Easy Rider framed photo cracked really loudly - the glass had cracked right through his signature.

Contact the American media, preferably one of the tackier red-tops, they'd happily pay you $100,000 for your story of how:

"Peter Fonda's soul found it's home with a kindred spirit in a Welsh valley"

There, I've already written the headline, so I want a 10% cut...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Contact the American media, preferably one of the tackier red-tops, they'd happily pay you $100,000 for your story of how:

"Peter Fonda's soul found it's home with a kindred spirit in a Welsh valley"

There, I've already written the headline, so I want a 10% cut...

According to @Mel dCP 's location. "Fonda in the Rhondda."

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 Thank you, :)
Ah I remember doing Health and Social care and my class and I had to go to a play group to learn about communicating with young little toddlers. So I understand the mud and snort, there was a child running around with snot hanging from his nose and he didn't care. :hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Home now from work, it a bit of bad start, hardly any bottles of Spiced Rum in the shop, but after a few hours manager managed to find some at the back of the ware house. Many customer's kept referring to Captain Morgan's Rum, which I tried last year and I liked it very much. Survey to do and upload a photo of today's stand, a shower, chilli for dinner tonight and a quiet evening, with Pebbles :cat: <3

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, still no pics, techie friend and I got carried away with puppy. Soooooo many visitors yesterday and a little walk out where other dogs don't go. I'm knackered and up too early! Even if there are no pics, she has a name - Mattie.

Have a goods Sunday whatever you're doing, must go, puppy duties! Oh, and woke on 5.3 and falling due to immediate need to run around after Mattie :happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! How did we get round to Sunday again so fast?!? Still, I managed to get up and stay up with the basal/DP alarm today which hasn't happened all week. I am planning a final attack on life and organist admin before toddling off to the organ stool, then declaring until next Sunday Proper Holiday Time.