What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Tea
Cwc
2slices of LC bread with cheese
Yoghurt and berries
Tea
Evening I was going to have beef bourguignon from the freezer with OH, but I really didn’t fancy it. So he ate a large helping, and I had some nuts, 2 baby bel, yoghurt and berries again, and a glass of white.
Then more tea.
The yoghurt I’ve been making for the past weeks is really not getting thick enough. I used the same kind of milk as always (Aldi UHT lactose free) but the lovely thick yoghurt I made before is not happening. I’ve now put some more into the IP with a different brand of long life milk.
I was wondering whether antibiotics would go through into the milk if the cows were given some for any reason. There must be a reason why the yoghurt is no longer setting thick. Same starter, same milk brand.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I had cottage cheese on one slice of wholemeal bread and a coffee
lunch was dry fried mushrooms 2 bacon 2 eggs one slice of w/m bread
evening meal ..roast chicken 150g of mashed swede green beans and cabbage very little gravy made as low carb as possible .
little 70% dark chocolate ....roughly 60 carbs in total .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterdays food
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: rollitos and avocado.
Supper: lamb steak, tomatoes, mushrooms
2 G&ST.

After an earlier than usual supper had a shocking FBG today of 7.3.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Can’t remember when I last posted!

Yesterday was a v weird eating day.
Started with a muffinless maccies sausage egg thing shared with mutts after dog walk (no3) and groomer (nos1&2).
Lump of Wensleydale at 2pm
Packet of crisps and snickers at 4pm due to wobble of low bg after brisk walk to docs to pick up the Report of my arthritis xrays. (Nothing earth shattering- just confirmed what I already knew).
No need for any supper after that spike! Lol

Anyway, this Libre sensor is showing some fascinating results.
More experimentation definitely required, to triple check the emerging patterns.

It appears that the more flatline I keep my bags during the day (carnivore) then the more jangly they are at night, ranging from below 4 to over 7 and back again. Whereas yesterday’s silly Snickers Spike led to an absolutely flatline bg all night in the 5s, and no dawn phenomenon at all. Along with MUCH better sleep.

Not sure how much impact my fading virus may be having....

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - 2 pork sausages and tea

Dinner - still won't be the lamb - I realised that I had better do something with the beef I had bought instead so it will be a kind of boef bourguignon without the bourguignon - I never use alcohol. I realised, too, that I have time to leave it until about 6 pm before eating if I don't go to one of the dates I have been invited to, so I can make it low and slow.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daughter has just rung to say she’s back. Over 9 hrs - that must be a record for a journey of less than 300 miles. You’re right about travelling on rainy Fridays @shelley262 . I haven’t tried frozen cauliflower rice, I wonder if the price of that will go up now too, even though it would have been harvested before the shortage.
@maglil55 cabbagegate sounds hilarious, I wish I’d been here then. Luckily this particular meal plan ( Avocado lovers menu) just gives coffee and cream for breakfast, I don’t add anything like the quantity of cream they suggest so it’s been ok. It’s nice not having to think about what to have for a week.
Well done to the boys for their achievements. A successful first week back.
Cabbagegate was indeed hilarious as @Brunneria and @Chook could confirm. It was a silly mistake. If I recall correctly it was something to do with the doubling up for the once a day cooking not involving the OH. I think we managed to quadruple the order and had so much cabbage we could barely get anything else in the fridge. It was a long time before we could face cabbage again. The weird thing is it didn't dawn on me we'd got it wrong until the shopping list told me I needed 72 eggs for the week. Hubby almost had a fit with 48 eggs the week before goodness knows how he would have reacted to 72!

Add to yesterday by the way - 15 King Cherries. Going to make a detour to M&S to get more.

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
TESCO have added these to the range of Grenade' PhD etc. Got a pack of the dark choc truffle almonds. Only ones they had were the dark choc truffle and the cinnamon but I notice online ON do quite a few things. Quoted at 12g carbs a pack but its American so net carbs will be less. 1g sugar, 10g polyols so I found 3 or 4 were sufficient. Very tasty though.
almonds%20web-308x308.jpeg

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all today’s food as follows
B: CWC
L: DD salmon fillet with avocado lime and tomato topping. My salmon steak was a lot smaller than the recipe suggestion so I followed with the last spoonful of blackberry clafoutis and sour cream.
D: the remaining DD Taco Meatza and a glass of red.
@PenguinMum FBG really is a law unto itself - your number makes no sense in light of yesterday’s food. Hope the day improved for you.
Interesting stuff about the Libre results @Brunneria I am gearing myself up to get one. ( on the waiting list atm)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone has had a great Saturday with lovely weather like we’ve had in the Midlands. I just watched the magic pill documentary on Netflix and would recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it - great stuff about eating keto.
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg with toasted Hilo bread
Lunch cheese with celery and lc seeded crispbreads followed by choc olive oil cake and yoghurt
Dinner chicken curry and gin with soda water followed by sfjelly a few home grown berries and yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a salted caramel phd bar.
Dinner: cold sweet chilli chicken, cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG really is a law unto itself - your number makes no sense in light of yesterday’s food.
Skipped breakfast today and by 10am it had risen to 8. Had one teasp peanut butter and went for 40 min walk. Had few rollitos at lunchtime and lots tea and water. Finally came down to 5.6 at 6.30pm. Had cod and few chips but didnt relish any food today because of readings. Thanks for the solidarity.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast today and by 10am it had risen to 8. Had one teasp peanut butter and went for 40 min walk. Had few rollitos at lunchtime and lots tea and water. Finally came down to 5.6 at 6.30pm. Had cod and few chips but didnt relish any food today because of readings. Thanks for the solidarity.

Hugs. Hope tomorrow is better, I know that perplexity well.

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: bone broth
L: ham, cheese, cream cheese and Branston
D: tinned tuna in homemade sweet chilli cream

Oh, and a Costa babyccino (or whatever they call it). It is a v small hot choc. Well, I needed a step down from yesterday’s carbs ;) I do better with a gentle transition :D

mouseee

Was out at a folk festival today so prepped just in case wasn't anything to eat.

Breakfast, homemade scotch egg (No bread crumbs)

Lunch - had a good search around the food trucks and got a salad box with delicious 12hr cooked lamb and spices. Amazing

I had a coffee... with milk also had a rhubarb and custard iced lolly. Checked the sugar in it and also did bg before and after the lolly and it went up but only 2 points. I wasn't hungry at dinner so didn't eat.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the club, grilled pork fillets, salad, three or four foamy xxxx gold pots.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, brown onion gravy.
Breakfast: Four egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugary stuff, beer, water.

Just tested my SPO² and it is 96% 56 bpm.

Edit: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:

Viv19

Hope everyone has had a great Saturday with lovely weather like we’ve had in the Midlands. I just watched the magic pill documentary on Netflix and would recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it - great stuff about eating keto.
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg with toasted Hilo bread
Lunch cheese with celery and lc seeded crispbreads followed by choc olive oil cake and yoghurt
Dinner chicken curry and gin with soda water followed by sfjelly a few home grown berries and yoghurt.

The Netflix documentary sounds interesting- we don’t have exactly the same programme as uk, but it might be worth looking. What exactly is it called?

Viv19

Was very tired last night and forgot to post. Now awake since 4 so I’m catching up.
Tea
Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs, toasted LC roll with butter, some gouda. Cwc.
Lunch nuts, yoghurt with berries, some cheese cubes, tea
Evening I tried an experiment. Mixed beef pork mince with usual butter fried onion, seasoning and egg. Then took part of it for OH and added soaked squeezed out bread to his mix, and some coconut flour to mine. Traditional recipe for frikadellas for him and adapted for me because I can’t eat just lumps of solid beefburger, I need to extend it with something. So OH had his with noodles, gravy and salad, and I had mine with cooked down tomato sauce and cauli rice. It was okay, sort of middling.
Some yoghurt and berries because I was tired and fed up.
Tea.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Netflix documentary sounds interesting- we don’t have exactly the same programme as uk, but it might be worth looking. What exactly is it called?
It’s just called ‘the magic pill did a search and think found on YouTube you could always do search if link doesn’t work

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yesterday breakfast was h/p toast pate and sliced tomato coffee
lunch more bread 2 slices of lowish carb ( 20g for both ) and some chicken and lettuce.
mcdonalds coffee ( whilst out with residents from work ) throw half of it away when realised it was 8 carbs !
Small takeaway ( again in work ) sounds like all I do is eat lol ) chicken tikka one poppadom 3 chips and a tiny bit of rogan gosh.
Double cream few raspberries and a little grated 70% dark chocolate for supper . BG 9.7 not good but had far worse .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only