What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No not changed anything, never put it there in the first place so gremlins in the system. Maybe it's my Doctor as he threatened me with being insulin dependent in three months if I didn't take his meds :D

Hope you are putting together lots of interesting cake recipes for the digital choir? Low Carb of course.
I will bring the Oppo ice- cream and extra thick cream!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I think @Muddy Cyclist must have a naughty twin. MC manages his diabetes well with diet and exercise and advice from this site, MCTwin is now insulin dependent after following the advice on ‘the other site’. Maybe @Debandez could use it in her presentation.

I think @Muddy Cyclist must have a naughty twin. MC manages his diabetes well with diet and exercise and advice from this site, MCTwin is now insulin dependent after following the advice on ‘the other site’. Maybe @Debandez could use it in her presentation.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww ... what a precious pup, @jjraak , are those luminous stripes on his harness? Your breakfast looks delicious! I now feel inspired to try something besides toast that actually appeals to my morning mind (or lack thereof).

@PenguinMum you are an amazing person and a good friend to your friend in Kent.

@geefull what time did you say dinner will be served? I would like to dash out and fuel up the Lear jet ... I would, if I had a Lear jet to fuel up ... would love to fuel up on that yummy-sounding dinner.

FBG 6.6 here this morning. The KittenCat presented me with a pre-breakfast hairball and now is saying Come back to bed, so I think I will join her. Today completes my 67th year on this planet, tomorrow begins my 68th; and suddenly I am reverting to my childhood and wanting to explore others as possible retirement havens ... Saturn always looked good ...
hmm ... according to the souvenirs at the spaceport the eating is good there ...
s-l300.jpg
I agree, @jjraak breaky looked great. Another idea outside my box. Maybe we could have a week of posting breakfasts to inspire each other and pick up new ideas??. Then a month of lunches, then dinners then snacks then drinks. Just a thought. Just for anyone who has the time and inclination.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday xxx

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC

forgive me.... so did not notice...:wideyed:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Saskia....:D

(ps...i Hope the Presents got better..;)
Love hearing about KC in your posts...x)

xxx

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy birthday @SaskiaKC , if I shout loud enough from L.A maybe you can hear me .........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASKIA

Reactions: DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

going to see my brother and sister today for a few days :happy: It's a fair distance but at least we can share the driving ;)

@SaskiaKC Many Happy Returns :)

hope your day treats you kindly :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1 today so another day of starving. Took till 6.30pm yesterday to get down from 8 to 5.6 with no breakfast only a few rollitos lunchtime (after 12 hour fast) and two coffees to keep me going and water. Had a piece of cod and a few chips last evening (I know not ideal but I am limited as not at home). Even if the strips are duff the reduction was too slow.
Going home later today to wash/iron hubbies shirts and coming back Tuesday to take friend to hospital appointment and set up a bed downstairs. Back home on Wed and then we go to the Cotswolds next weekend for annual meet up with old friends.
Hope you all have a great Sunday. Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Last day of relative peace with just me and Dennis here. Tomorrow Mr C is driving the lorry back from London filled with the rest of ours and daughter’s furniture. Middle daughter and her partner moving down here with us tomorrow too. I’m so looking forward to having them here, all my girls will be in Cornwall now and it makes me so happy to feel we are all together again.
@SaskiaKC Happy Birthday I hope you and KC celebrate in style.
@Debandez your post about being a thorn in the side of DUK made me smile. Go girl!
@PenguinMum I’m a bit behind on posts here and hadn’t realised you were staying with your friend again and helping her. No wonder your BG is higher than normal! Any change in routine affects mine but the stress of seeing your friend so poorly and worrying about her shouldn’t be underestimated. I wonder if doing some mindfulness meditation together might be beneficial for you both? I use Headspace but I’m sure there are plenty to choose from on YouTube etc.