What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning finished my first fast for over a week. Did 17hrs and was rewarded with a 7.3.

I have never had a fasting reading in the 7s since I started low carb but I have noticed before that after a stay at a hotel - eating much more protein as portion sizes of meat or fish are much higher than I would normally have - that once back home blood sugars do run higher for a while. Although not usually quite as high. I never ever go above 20g carbs so it isn't too many carbs.

I washed hands as retested but reading stayed at 7.3. Still - better the sugar is out of my liver than in. Yesterday was running higher BS all day so not sure why. Was feeling very tired all day - but not under the weather.

Just had bacon, egg, mushrooms and avocado and coffee of course then a bit later will be off to Sheringham Park for a lovely walk with the doggies. Then back to plough on with the course work.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww ... what a precious pup, @jjraak , are those luminous stripes on his harness? Your breakfast looks delicious! I now feel inspired to try something besides toast that actually appeals to my morning mind (or lack thereof).

@PenguinMum you are an amazing person and a good friend to your friend in Kent.

@geefull what time did you say dinner will be served? I would like to dash out and fuel up the Lear jet ... I would, if I had a Lear jet to fuel up ... would love to fuel up on that yummy-sounding dinner.

FBG 6.6 here this morning. The KittenCat presented me with a pre-breakfast hairball and now is saying Come back to bed, so I think I will join her. Today completes my 67th year on this planet, tomorrow begins my 68th; and suddenly I am reverting to my childhood and wanting to explore others as possible retirement havens ... Saturn always looked good ...
hmm ... according to the souvenirs at the spaceport the eating is good there ...
s-l300.jpg
Belated birthday wishes to you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning
Sun is trying to get out of bed.
Cat is lying on top of me so I cannot get out of bed.
ZZZzzz...

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a glorious day. A fresh pot of koffy, sunshine, blue skies and the prospect of a free BBQ.

The wonder wheel of lazy days and free food celebrated with an equally lazy 5.7 this morning - serves me right for having a lay in.

Edinburgh Fringe is busy doing it’s thing and some bright spark (humour police) has decided upon which are the best 50 jokes. No.
Anyhow I picked this one out for @jjraak, @alf_Josiah and any other members of the thread who, like me, like moving along on two weeks:
I’ve been feeling suicidal so my therapist suggested I do CBT. Now I can ride a motorbike, how’s that going to help?

Happy Funday everyone, have a good day if you can, hug a tree - it’s a nice day.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh now I want to be a Certified Diabetes Educator - must get on the interweb - a whole new career ahead - but no. Although you can download a wonderful and exciting coaching app from your local App Store (https://www.mycdecoach.com/) you still have to pass an exam containing loads of old and partly useless information that would conflict and perhaps even conflate.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When I read this I felt happy that things are moving in the right direction but sad that so many people have been damaged by the wrong advice since the 1970s.
We cant look back in anger (well we could I'm just trying not to!), we have to look forward to a better healthier future for all diabetics. Times are changing.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh now I want to be a Certified Diabetes Educator - must get on the interweb - a whole new career ahead - but no. Although you can download a wonderful and exciting coaching app from your local App Store (https://www.mycdecoach.com/) you still have to pass an exam containing loads of old and partly useless information that would conflict and perhaps even conflate.
The fact that this tweet is being shared far and wide and will stick in peoples minds will even have an impact makes me happy. It's going to take time. The DUK website has flabbergasted me. The funny (or not so funny) thing is I've joined their forum and the newbie posts are being answered by veteran members advocating low carb to control bs and reduce hba1c! You couldn't make it up.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The fact that this tweet is being shared far and wide and will stick in peoples minds will even have an impact makes me happy. It's going to take time. The DUK website has flabbergasted me. The funny (or not so funny) thing is I've joined their forum and the newbie posts are being answered by veteran members advocating low carb to control bs and reduce hba1c! You couldn't make it up.
The truth will out.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We cant look back in anger (well we could I'm just trying not to!), we have to look forward to a better healthier future for all diabetics. Times are changing.
Yes - you are right.

On another matter - fbs 7.3 this morning. 2 hours later after breakfast 7.1. So am really pleased with that reading.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The funny (or not so funny) thing is I've joined their forum and the newbie posts are being answered by veteran members advocating low carb to control bs and reduce hba1c
That forum is hypocrisy at its worse debs...controlled by a few righteous members...notice there are few moderators & no T2 ones...there is nothing about the forum that would encourage me to post there again.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 and I'm flabbergasted and here's why.

Yesterday running around like a headless chicken. My usual queuing for a naked kebab on a Saturday went right out the window. Didn't have an hour to spare! Its VERY popular kebab shop but an hour round trip. So Chinese take away. Chicken foo yung on the menu for me. It's quite nice but at the end of the day just an omelette! I ordered quarter duck as usual. I usually have one pancake with a tiny bit of hoi sin sauce. Well 3 pancakes later I was like 'what just happened there!!!???'. One glass of red to accompany (of the large variety).So I used my temporary lapse as an experiment. Heres the scores on the doors!

Start pointing 4.8
1.5 hours 5.8
2 hours 6.0
2.5 hours 5.1
Bedtime 5.3

Sometimes diabetes really throws me. When I expect to be low I'm higher. And vice versa. So there ya go. Unpredictable sometimes.

I may be off the radar for a few days as family descending on me today from Dublin. I'm lying here listening to the birds singing enjoying the peace and tranquility while I can. Bedlam will ensue from 2pm! Chaos and Mayhem will be joining in. Full on party! My ears will need a holiday on their departure. To give you an idea I've attached a link of how I see it going....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not politicians.
Well folks, well folks are you well? I hope so.

Isn't life strange? A turn of the meter and I get a 6.9, it's enough make one or one's listen to the Moody Blues.

Thanks for the greeting @dunelm . It's just a coincidence that tomorrow after our friends have left I shall be heading up to the dark and dangerous norf for a few days R & R ( riotous rampage ). If I can steal some internet I might be able to post, unlikely as electrickery has yet to reach where I shall be staying, deep unexplored chasms.
Today Mrs J has decreed I shall be firing up the BBQ, but not what I BBQ hehehe.
Well folks have a great day.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The fact that this tweet is being shared far and wide and will stick in peoples minds will even have an impact makes me happy. It's going to take time
Its a great start debs but there is still a long way to go...those who stance is indefensible will fight to the very end to be proved otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 8am after a 2am bedtime...the sun is out...I've had some coffee (not enough yet) reading the posts about our' T2 spring'...wondering how the 'other' place will react to such rebellious actions (i.e the truth)...given my experience they will sit in a corner with their back to it & pretend it's not happening...more coffee then on with a day of cleaning & de-cluttering...woke to a 6.3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Its a great start debs but there is still a long way to go...those who stance is indefensible will fight to the very end to be prove otherwise.
Admitting they have got it wrong for over 40 years won't be something they will ever want to do! In fact here's the 1936 guidelines.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180728-091541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180728-091541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 257