What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Edinburgh Fringe is busy doing it’s thing and some bright spark (humour police) has decided upon which are the best 50 jokes. No.

Anyhow I picked this one out for @jjraak, @alf_Josiah and any other members of the thread who, like me, like moving along on two wheels
:
I’ve been feeling suicidal so my therapist suggested I do CBT.
Now I can ride a motorbike,...... how’s that going to help?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

5.2 and I'm flabbergasted and here's why.

Yesterday running around like a headless chicken. My usual queuing for a naked kebab on a Saturday went right out the window. Didn't have an hour to spare! Its VERY popular kebab shop but an hour round trip. So Chinese take away. Chicken foo yung on the menu for me. It's quite nice but at the end of the day just an omelette! I ordered quarter duck as usual. I usually have one pancake with a tiny bit of hoi sin sauce. Well 3 pancakes later I was like 'what just happened there!!!???'. One glass of red to accompany (of the large variety).So I used my temporary lapse as an experiment. Heres the scores on the doors!

Start pointing 4.8
1.5 hours 5.8
2 hours 6.0
2.5 hours 5.1
Bedtime 5.3

Sometimes diabetes really throws me. When I expect to be low I'm higher. And vice versa. So there ya go. Unpredictable sometimes.

I may be off the radar for a few days as family descending on me today from Dublin. I'm lying here listening to the birds singing enjoying the peace and tranquility while I can. Bedlam will ensue from 2pm! Chaos and Mayhem will be joining in. Full on party! My ears will need a holiday on their departure. To give you an idea I've attached a link of how I see it going....

And just to agree but in the opposite way..
had my cheese/tom breakfast yesterday, kept busy so missed my window for dinner 7pm
wasn't particularly hungry, so had halo/strawberries and cream later, instead...yum
running low on strips so no testing..(usually fine)

expecting a "good show, old boy" pat on the back from the meter ..been getting mid 5's of late
nope...so not having it..it gave me an admonishment with a
" 6.2....and think yourself, lucky, it's not worse, sonny boy "

:rolleyes:

and as for the family, debs.....are you being racist ?

Because if you, are,... letmetellyouwearentalllikethatlbutlovedthatskitwhenifirstsawitLoL...:watching:

:D

Did 17hrs and was rewarded with a 7.3.

but I have noticed before that after a stay at a hotel - eating much more protein as portion sizes of meat or fish are much higher than I would normally have - that once back home blood sugars do run higher for a while.

Have to agree @Krystyna23040
does seem a very common thing.

and at least you are aware what it is.

Hugs for day ladies.
and a Fist bump for Mr diabetes educator man...;)

Btw..6 downloads..6 reviews ..one pretty poor..but can only see the 4 best ones..
(very true to form, Only lets you know what it THINKS you SHOULD be told. :hilarious:......5 stars :bag:)

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 9:30 I am happy with that , slowly creating my new home

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 199

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning, that’s without any insulin since Friday morning. I only seem to be spiking about 1-1.5 with my shakes, and generally keeping a nice level line. I’m surprised that I don’t need my insulin so quickly, but I know I’ve got to stick with it for the duration to repair my body and come of insulin for normal food.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bloods

After some comments about having 3 Rivita, cream cheese and smoked salmon for breakfast, it was the Rivita that was a concern, I promised to keep all informed on how my reduced Carb breakfast affected my Blood Sugar.

Before stopping the Rivita my average readings were 5.5 before to 6.5. After

The new findings of Dracula

Date.
14 Aug. Before 5.7 After 7.4 18 carbs grams with 3 Rivita the 7.4 is unusual
15 Aug. Before 5.3 After 6.0 5 carbs grams
16 Aug. Before 5.5 After 7.3 7 carbs grams my cold OR the biscuit I had at 20.30 last night)
17 Aug. Before 5.6 After 6.2 2 carbs grams
18 Aug Before 5.7 After 6.1 <2 carbs grams

An afternoon of Quire and Band Rehearsals (Georgian and before any English Language Scholars pull me up on Quire it is with a Q, good scrabble word). I shall be wearing my Tricorn, my granddaughters think I look like a pirate or highwayman.:)

Then this evening off to a Son et lumière,

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast bloods

After some comments about having 3 Rivita, cream cheese and smoked salmon for breakfast, it was the Rivita that was a concern, I promised to keep all informed on how my reduced Carb breakfast affected my Blood Sugar.

Before stopping the Rivita my average readings were 5.5 before to 6.5. After

The new findings of Dracula

Date.
14 Aug. Before 5.7 After 7.4 18 carbs grams with 3 Rivita the 7.4 is unusual
15 Aug. Before 5.3 After 6.0 5 carbs grams
16 Aug. Before 5.5 After 7.3 7 carbs grams my cold OR the biscuit I had at 20.30 last night)
17 Aug. Before 5.6 After 6.2 2 carbs grams
18 Aug Before 5.7 After 6.1 <2 carbs grams

An afternoon of Quire and Band Rehearsals (Georgian and before any English Language Scholars pull me up on Quire it is with a Q, good scrabble word). I shall be wearing my Tricorn, my granddaughters think I look like a pirate or highwayman.:)

Then this evening off to a Son et lumière,

Morning.

that score does SEEM to reflect my thinking that the body is somewhat behind the curve of what we eat sometimes.
holding on to prev day food notes a little bit longer then expected.

Liking the Highwayman, jibe from the grand kids..

have a good un, MC

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Awakened at 4.15 with another awful 2.9

I have been reducing basal

Ok everyone have a good Sunday and hope the sun shines in your neck of the woods

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Saskia
Happy Birthday to you.

Hugs galore if no cake! Note to KC: be on your very best behaviour today!

Thank you! It is lovely to be sung to on my birthday. :) The KittenCat did warble --

Happy Birthday - get up
Happy Birthday - get up
Happy Birthday - now feed me
Thank you so very much

I will pass your note on to her! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Happy Birthday I hope you and KC celebrate in style.

Thank you. :)

I'm glad your daughter and her partner are moving down to y'all. I hope they will have good weather for the move tomorrow. Now I'm gonna go check out this Headspace that you mentioned -- I could use something like that! The KittenCat sends purrs to Dennis. ^. .^