Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I realize this has nothing to do with diabetes :-

I’ve been experiencing headaches for the last week or so. Feels like pressure on various parts of head and moves around between back, top and side of head.

Becoming very annoying as it’s not going away. All symptoms point to a tension / stress headache but because it’s persisting I’m probably going to see a doctor.

In the meantime any similar experiences or suggestions are most welcome.

I’ve ruled out dehydration and have taken a multitude of vitamins ( B,D magnesium , iron etc etc) in case it’s a deficiency issue.

Last edited:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I realize this has nothing to do with diabetes :-

I’ve been experiencing headaches for the last week or so. Feels like pressure on various parts of head and moves around between back, top and side of head.

Becoming very annoying as it’s not going away. All symptoms point to a tension / stress headache but because it’s persisting I’m probably going to see a doctor.

In the meantime any similar experiences or suggestions are most welcome.

I’ve ruled out dehydration and have taken a multitude of vitamins ( B,D magnesium , iron etc etc) in case it’s a deficiency issue.

Do you have an iron deficiency?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you have an iron deficiency?

Have been doing a lot of running so take iron supplements. Don’t see headache as a symptom of iron overdose! I know the symptoms of low iron/anemia all too well

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What is your bg like?
A high bg can cause a headache.
Unfortunately a headache can cause high bg.
Pretty much stable between 5 to 5.5 mmol all last week!

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally different line of thought, when did you last have an eye test, not the diabetic screening but test if you need glasses?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Totally different line of thought, when did you last have an eye test, not the diabetic screening but test if you need glasses?

Good point but already wearing glasses:)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Wurst if you already wear glasses, it might be an idea to get your eyes retested before seeing the dr, otherwise they are likely to suggest seeing the opticians rather than helping with your headache. If your eyes have changed you may need new glasses, if they haven’t having the results from they eye test will give ammunition to throw at the GP when they say ‘oh it must be your eyes’.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Wurst if you already wear glasses, it might be an idea to get your eyes retested before seeing the dr, otherwise they are likely to suggest seeing the opticians rather than helping with your headache. If your eyes have changed you may need new glasses, if they haven’t having the results from they eye test will give ammunition to throw at the GP when they say ‘oh it must be your eyes’.

Totally convinced it's not a 'eye / glasses' related headache. The pain moves around the head from top to sides to back of head randomly. An eye issue is more concentrated. Anyway doctor tomorrow as it has got no better.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Eventually got diagnosed with spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak causing intercranial hypotension ! Still in hospital and they have never heard of low carb :-(

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eventually got diagnosed with spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak causing intercranial hypotension ! Still in hospital and they have never heard of low carb :-(
Oh no!!! Hope you'll be a lot better soon (scary stuff!!!), and get the foods your diabetes likes better.

*big hugs*
Jo

Reactions: Wurst