Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Went out for lunch, Thai holy basil tofu and veggie spring rolls.
Raiding the freezer tonight.

Reactions: WuTwo and Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
We have been either at my mil's or at the hospital visiting fil all day. We are both tired so we're ordering takeaway.

Tomorrow husband is going alone to his mum's and taking her to the hospital so I will make a big effort and cook something decent for dinner.

Reactions: Marie 2

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So wet and chilly yesterday, I was craving comfort food so made a nice vegan sausage and veggie casserole which was really enough for both of us plus a portion for the freezer but we scoffed the lot. Very satisfying.
Starting today with a fast morning before a light lunch around 1.30pm of mixed salads (contents dependent on what is in the fridge).

Reactions: WuTwo and Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
B/fast was just toast & marmite - wasn't that hungry, really.

Lunch - chucked some left over mushroom in strong garlic gravy (leftover from a Chinese meal) into a pan with a tin of lentil & veg soup. Very savoury & tasty. Didn't bother with bread because lentils are filling.

Dinner - h/m seitan steak marinaded all day, then all the veggies in the fridge that need eating stir fried with a teryaki sauce. Fruit for dessert if we need anything else.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Cauliflower hash browns as a sort of brunch.

No idea about dinner, have tofu so will investigate veg situation and see what can be made.

Reactions: Marie 2 and WuTwo

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was Greek yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. Falafel on riced cauliflower with tazaki dressing for lunch. Dinner was sautéed peppers and onion with tempeh.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yesterday was Greek yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. Falafel on riced cauliflower with tazaki dressing for lunch. Dinner was sautéed peppers and onion with tempeh.
Nice, I’d not thought of falafel with cauliflower rice. Good call!

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to one of my favorite vegan restaurant today as it’s by my dentist and found out they are opening a new location and it’s a mile from my work. Yay!

B: yogurt and strawberries
L: Buffalo tempeh salad with red onion, shaved carrots and avocado. (I got two sides for meals later in the week: curried chickpea salad and smoky collard greens.)
D: zucchini pancakes with apple sauce (eating a lot of eggs this week as my coworker brought me 1 dozen from their chickens, who are well pampered birds :) )

Edited to add: 2 big thumbs up from the dentist to boot!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Veggie and Avocado Sandwich from a new deli that has vegan choices. Yea!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Breakfast was warm ciabatta and hot h/m seitan bacon with plenty of black coffee to bring us round after our somewhat interrupted night.

Lunch - son had a bacon sandwich (husband kindly prepared it - don't think I could have touched it), husband had cheese and biscuits and I had a mixed salad, sweet 'n smoky sauce (stolen from the marinading seitan steak), and a few cashews with a large handful of juicy edamame beans mixed in.

Yesterday was very odd. I had the normal scrambled tofu, h/m bacon and cherry toms for b/fast and then had cauliflower & coconut dahl with caramella tomatoes for lunch. Came home late from the hospital and was tired so grabbed a ready meal - coconut dahl with roasted tofu (I chucked some M&S "Not Chikn chunks" in to give it a bit more ooomph). Then I had a bar of dark chocolate :(

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yogurt with strawberries
L: stuck at work when I was planning to go home, so salad from a very pedestrian salad bar at work, though shockingly they did have kidney beans available. Snack bag of raw almonds. And 2 saltine crackers because I had a craving:)
D: bowl of smokey collard greens with quinoa and pinto beans. Yum. And carrots with roasted garlic hummus.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Avocado, lettuce, vegan cheese and bacon sandwich and fried cauliflower rice in coconut cream.
mango

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just realized I accidently made a vegan meal and it tastes wondeful so I thought to share :)
It's a vegetable soup/stew like meal.
I coated cut broccoli in @WuTwo 's coating for tofu: Olive oil, soy sauce, nutritional yeast flakes and garlic powder and roasted it for half an hour in the oven.
Fried onion, mushrooms, garlic, chilli pepper with a few drops of soy sauce over the mushrooms to enhance their taste. Added water and miso soup paste sachets from my local supermarket. (I bought it some time ago because I didn't know what miso soup is. I still don't know, actually, because I'm not sure if my supermarket sachets resemble miso or not, but I liked the taste :) It said to use one sachet for 60 ml of water, so I used 3 of them)
Added snow peas, according to google translate, and left to cook for a few minutes and added the broccoli, and a bit of corn from a can.

I will fry some previously marinated tofu to go with it. I don't exactly remember what I marinated it in, as I did so yesterday, but I guess sweet soy sauce, chilli pepper, ginger, Indonesian hot sauce, some Indonesian spices, fresh garlic and ginger or something like that. Perhaps yeast flakes as well.

Not very hungry during the day in this heat, so I had a low carb cracker with butter and marmite and a piece of cheese. Will probably have a midnight snack (or very early breakfast :D) of chicory leaves with hummus, some nuts and a chocolate truffle or two.
69333090_10218358207260875_426486837993799680_n.jpg

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Antje77 supermarket miso here tastes like restaurant miso to me so probably close!
I had cheeses for breakfast then avocado sushi with soy sauce and wasabi. For lunch.
Dinner will involve tomatoes as we have lots!

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yogurt and berries
L: big salad, roasted chickpeas
Snack before lifting: roasted artichoke heart tapenade with carrots
D: madras lentils over riced cauliflower

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 that sounds delicious! I use miso in gravies all the time, it gives it a richer flavor and adds color.