Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
Last night I was 9.4 and on my libre it was 10.5 and by the looks of it, it was going up slowly so I decided to correct with 1 unit. I woke up on 5.1. What a drop tbh. :eek: On the other hand, I'm worried about my bf. His ear infection has cleared up but he is experiencing pain around the perimeters of where the infection was. He went to an out of hours doctor yesterday to only come back without an explanation for his sudden onset of extreme pain. (He couldn't sit still to watch television or play any computer games.) So I don't know if it's worth another shot to get him to see another GP at my surgery. He was prescribed Naproxen which is a form of pain killer and an ear calming spray. He was fine during the time of using the antibiotic ear spray but only now he isn't okay. :( You know it's quite depressing to watch him go through pain, I can't do anything for him other than jokingly offer him my pancreas in exchange for his pain. :(

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My fil is still in, and unfortunately made an attempt to stand on his own yesterday with no nurse in the room. He fell and ripped his drip out -the whole shebang. Unfortunately this took a huge strip of skin off his forearm and he now has a large dressing on (he's on warfarin and bleeds like the clappers). He has a drip in the other arm and is still catheterised.

His oedema is going down very very slowly but I think he'll be in for a few days yet; no way can he go home with just mum there to nurse him. We don't mind visiting every day but can't move in with them - no room, we have dogs, I work and I think we'd be an intrusion. We can visit every day, and their next door neighbour (and her daughter) are in and out all the time. Whether the docs would think that would suffice I don't know. I'd worry a lot about mum though.

One of us might have to move in for a while - maybe himself could go and take the dogs? (Dizzy would not do well without him).

No point worrying about what hasn't happened; just be grateful that atm things are being handled well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, it's chucking it down here and I woke on a 2.9, 5.3 before bed, but have got it up to 6.6.
@WuTwo, It is a strain at times when older people, don't understand what is going on, but I hope tour FIL will be able to go home soon, with help and support. About 4/5 years ago my dad broke his arm, he fell at home, the early carer came in and noticed something wrong with his arm, he didn't even mention it or about any pain. He had it plastered and rhen decided to take off the plaster cast, which was probably with a pair of scissors, it was cut , so we had to go through the same procedure again. Other things happened over time too and it was upsetting to see my dad, who was a nice easy going person and not aggressive at all, accuse people of taking his wallet and fighting with A&E staff to find the culprit, as he was going to leave, so he had to be sedated !
Distressing at times.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Done half my day's chores, all I have left to do is make next week's b/fast seitan.

After that - long wallow with a luxurious bathbomb before reading my book. Not taking the kindle into the bath, or a paper book. I take my glasses off in the bath and it helps shut out the world (because anything further than my nose is a blur). Don't want to be "thinky Wu" in the tub!

Reactions: MeiChanski

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, my day out to the Cotswolds combined with dropping off our no-longer-needed heavy duty gazebo with a friend and collecting the teenager has been retired due to the arrival of the tummy bug my high sugars and insulin resistance of the last couple of days had foretold. Quite cross. Husbeast has gone to do the things by himself, as it’s the last day of his annual leave. I can go back to bed now :D

Have a nice day, friends x

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Have a great day everyone. My new sensor and Glimp had a spat last night. MM alarms went three times with rubbish data of 0.8 jumps and troughs. Enough was enough. I am now, finally, on X-Drip. And you calibrate it. So that a million times better already. I know I should have got Xdrip eons ago Knikki :), but it's sometimes easier to stay with the devil you know. But the devil last night was too much.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert I'm glad you are doing well with MM and xDrip but a bit confused about your comment regarding calibration.
I use Glimp (but not MM) and have done so in preference to LibreLink because I can calibrate Glimp so get much more accurate readings.
We're you unable to calibrate with Glimp? I know it is not intuitive. Or did I misunderstand?

I share the same confusion to @ert 's comment. I use Glimp.
I don't use MM but can get wierd readings when scanned regarding wild peaks & troughs. It corresponds with muti layered tight clothing in winter with a lot of upper body excertion..? I think the term is "compression low?" False momentary hypos & then sky rockets.. Not had any in the summer months. (Apart from when the sensor is done.)

I never had them at night, my sensor is placed under arm, so it tends not to take any pushing about from weight shifting during sleep..

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yay! Apparently I have overpaid my gas bill for the year (today was our day of reckoning for the year) so they are refunding the overpay. I am looking at four books - three ebooks and one paper (they don't do it as a kindle). Yippee!! Or, one set of gorgeous mala beads and three books......

I have ordered the paper book in the hope that the payments in and out sort of roughly coincide! Fingers crossed or I'll have to cover it out of the savings temporarily.

Reactions: MeiChanski

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, my day out to the Cotswolds combined with dropping off our no-longer-needed heavy duty gazebo with a friend and collecting the teenager has been retired due to the arrival of the tummy bug my high sugars and insulin resistance of the last couple of days had foretold. Quite cross. Husbeast has gone to do the things by himself, as it’s the last day of his annual leave. I can go back to bed now :D

Have a nice day, friends x

Hi @Mel dCP thats rotten that you are feeling unwell. On plus side gets you out of the heavy lifting.

Hope you are back to normal??? soon:angelic::angelic:

Edited by Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My husband murders kitchen timers. Lots of them. They come here full of hope and ready to serve; a few weeks later Mr Heavy-Handed drops them, or worse - drops them and accidentally treads on them, puts something heavy/hot on top ..... and there they are - another dead kitchen timer, headed for that great Kitchen in the Sky.

He's just done it again...... I feel so sorry for the next one in line for use. Poor dutiful little thing .....

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
in case anybody is interested

thumbnail_It's%20Beta%20Up%20North%20-%20Feed%20Post%20[1].png

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband murders kitchen timers. Lots of them. They come here full of hope and ready to serve; a few weeks later Mr Heavy-Handed drops them, or worse - drops them and accidentally treads on them, puts something heavy/hot on top ..... and there they are - another dead kitchen timer, headed for that great Kitchen in the Sky.

He's just done it again...... I feel so sorry for the next one in line for use. Poor dutiful little thing .....
Oh wow :hilarious::hilarious: I guess the kitchen timer needs some protection.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I remember that about 30 years ago my mil said to me "If he walked into an empty room with a single feather on the floor, he'd fall over it". In the years since I've come to think she's absolutely right! Dizzy will let me step over him without turning a hair; if husband goes to step over him Dizzy is up and out of there like a shot!

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I now picture you in skin tight muscle t shirts :)

Oh dear.. Not realy my style.
I tend to go for something a little loser. Lol, however pending on the environment. (Winter.) I could be wearing a close fitting long slieve thermal with a short tee over it? Then a zip up top or hoodie. Which can push on a sensor, pending on what I'm doing.. I've noticed sawing can do it. Working in certain positions under my van. Drilling shaped alloy tubing in a "jig."
Basically, multi layered clothing giving some false pressure readings whilst physically active..

It does say in the Abbott "destructions" about tight clothing.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I use my mobile phone...
Get him to use that, he may think twice then....? :hilarious:;)

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Had bath. Went down to 3. Now munching biccies that are not Oreos because we haven't any :wideyed: