What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone seen/tried these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VXVYVB5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lo-Dough chocolate brownies!
I have, of course, ordered a pack.
GF!

Feels like centuries since I sampled anything but grilled meat. Yes, I know that is an absurd exaggeration, but still...

Today:
10am breakfast omelette
7pm will be cheesy mince :D
I got an email from lo dough about them. You can let us know your views when they appear. Fingers crossed they're good.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ARrrgggg, That's better. No it isn't - ARRRRgghh!
My flaming car broke down on the City Bypass again! Had it back 5 weeks, was away on holiday part of that and the same things happen. Fortunately, the same RAC patrolman attended so it saved explaining what had happened. So car is now towed back into the garage, hire car arrives tomorrow and I am going to have a very long conversation with the garage tomorrow. Where it broke down today was downright dangerous and there was nowhere to go this time.
Bed Friday 8.3 (no idea why! @PenguinMum @DJC3 - There's no rhyme or reason to it). FBG 7.8. DP kicked in again.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice Hilo with pate pate.
L. Nothing - Hubby off to football and I managed to get my shopping thankfully before today's disaster with the car.
D. Simple 1 slice each roast pork, chicken tikka, ox tongue and 1/2 slice ham. Wee bit lettuce, 4 santini tomatoes, 1/2 small avocado, helmans and a few veggie chips.
Later 6 raspberries and a scoop of Breyers chocolate and hazelnut.
Apart from shopping, stripped down our bedroom and dealt with the plaster dust.

Today - Bed 6.8 FBG 7.6 but again a DP surge to 9.3. Returned to more normal levels and stabilised which is surprising the day I've had.
B. TAG with ADOC and a slice of Hilo with a mashed up boiled egg and a bit ox tongue.
L. Nothing - was broken down on the bypass dealing with motorists who seem oblivious to warning triangles and hazard lights. I'm on first name terms with my RAC patrolman now.
Back at the house managed to tackle a mountain of ironing to work off my frustration with the car. Stripped down bedding all washed, quilt washed then it starts to pour down.
D. Campari and soda. Rib roast and horseradish (cooking away just now), roasted radish with parmesan, cabbage and pancetta.

Boys were supposed to start swimming again today and couldn't Mum will have to walk them to school tomorrow and I've had to cancel my Aqua class. I certainly won't be phoning the garage - they can deal with me in person after I get the hire car. At least Abbott are replacing the Libre Sensor that fell off on holiday.
Going to count to 10 and have a drink now!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
;)

F5EA2E0D-AD39-424A-A833-92BB3CFD85F3.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed long hike today first in weeks- really good for me and the sun shone. Lots of horses in the forest today - a majestic sight. Also hoping to get out to Herefordshire tommorow to the market town of Ross on Wye - if all goes to plan to meet up with OHs brother for his birthday, great to have time out. Crossing fingers and toes.
breakfast lc chipolata sausage and egg plus hilo toast
lunch - in forest - one chicken leg
dinner steak with mushroom sauce and a bit of onion and glass of red wine followed by lc lemon and lime mousse.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely looking afternoon tea there @Rachox and @Goonergal .
@maglil55 what a horrible day, thank goodness you are ok. Not surprised your BG is up a bit.
@shelley262 we went to Ross in Wye on holiday a couple of years ago - a beautiful part of the country. We hired a holiday cottage which was gorgeous but one awful day, having let Tilly ( our old dog) into the garden, one of the grandchildren exclaimed - oh look! Chickens! A mad scramble ensued to get Tilly back in quickly before she spotted the chickens who’d got in through an unnoticed hole in next doors hedge. We were too late - managed to release the chicken but it may well have had a heart attack later. The garden was covered in feathers, granddaughter didn’t seem too traumatised by witnessing the horror thank heaven.
Today’s food is a rehash of previous meals this week.
B: CWC
L: 2nd portion of DD Venezuelan chicken salad in Romaine lettuce leaves.
D: 2nd portion of DD Salmon with avocado topping. Followed by Gk yoghurt and raspberries as my salmon fillet was smaller than the recipe.
Later had a few blackberries as Dennis and I pottered down the lane for our evening constitutional - they were so big and juicy I couldn’t resist.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you both had a FAB time!
@Goonergal and @Rachox Looks wonderful both hope youhad a great time.x food looks amazing
@Brunneria gather that the brownies i have ordered from deliciously guilt free are gluten free and very low carb - some may make their way to Birmingham later this week if they arrive in time for a Low carb cake tasting session x
@maglil55 what a horrible day, thank goodness you are ok. Not surprised your BG is up a bit.
@shelley262 we went to Ross in Wye on holiday a couple of years ago - a beautiful part of the country. We hired a holiday cottage which was gorgeous but one awful day, having let Tilly ( our old dog) into the garden, one of the grandchildren exclaimed - oh look! Chickens! A mad scramble ensued to get Tilly back in quickly before she spotted the chickens who’d got in through an unnoticed hole in next doors hedge. We were too late - managed to release the chicken but it may well have had a heart attack later. The garden was covered in feathers, granddaughter didn’t seem too traumatised by witnessing the horror thank heaven.
D: 2nd portion of DD Salmon with avocado topping. Followed by Gk yoghurt and raspberries as my salmon fillet was smaller than the recipe.
Later had a few blackberries as Dennis and I pottered down the lane for our evening constitutional - they were so big and juicy I couldn’t resist.

The cake samples were a low carb cafe, they were ok but we weren’t impressed enough to buy any! The ribs, halloumi chips and chocolate and clotted cream were provided by @Goonergal a much more tasty meal :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ross isn’t far away from us about an hours drive so just going for a few hours - hoping to get off early and have breakfast in a cafe. I’m hoping for a mooch around the town as not been for a few years. OH and bro no doubt will be looking at buildings architecture being a shared interest of theirs. I keep meaning to take out container for those blackberries they are really good this year.

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The cake samples were a low carb cafe, they were ok but we weren’t impressed enough to buy any

It’s a vegan cafe masquerading as a low carb cafe. Well it is low carb, but the cakes could definitely have done with some butter, cream and/or eggs. Probably just as well they’re not fabulous as the cafe is walking distance from my place. @Rachox and I must have been twice the age of most of the clientele!

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted Herman Brot low carb bread and vegimite.
Dinner: Spicy seafood marinara, with a reheated portion of pasta cooked as per Micheal Mosleys tv show.
Breakfast: Usual three cage egg, mushroom and cheese omelette, fat smoky cooking bacon, possum patch tomatoes, Zarella Farms reheated lower carb spudlite potato.

Drinks: Black coffee (Robert Timms), black tea (Nerada) no sugars or sweeteners, ½ bottle of Eagle Hawk Merlot, water from the Bundaberg water supply.

A nice 27° temp for a sunny, late winters day yesterday...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ross isn’t far away from us about an hours drive so just going for a few hours - hoping to get off early and have breakfast in a cafe. I’m hoping for a mooch around the town as not been for a few years. OH and bro no doubt will be looking at buildings architecture being a shared interest of theirs. I keep meaning to take out container for those blackberries they are really good this year.

Hope the weather stays dry for you, and yes the blackberries are really good this year I agree - almost makes up for the cauliflower misery.

Reactions: Viv19 and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That made me laugh thinking about swapping blackberries for cauli rice! Are the Cornish caulis affected by the weather too? I used to love blackberrying and always kept my best places a secret! They freeze really well if you start them on a tray to keep separate and later transfer to a plastic bag. I still have half a drawer of them.
Yesterday’s food:
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: arrived home hungry after long drive has another slice HiLo toast piled on thick layer of peanut butter, more tea.
Lots of water.
Supper: Roasted Med veg with EVO and Italian herbs preceded by 2 G&STs!
Another high FBG this morning

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hate you all! ;)

There I was, grooving along reasonably OK on Carnivore, and then I have my snickers wobble, and then ppl are talking about that low carb cake website, and then I placed an order (not yet arrived) and then in the meantime I rummaged in the cupboard and found an Ugg muffin mix AND placed an order for the Lo-Dough brownies.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ugg-Foods-Chocolate-Chia-Muffins

The Ugg mix was slightly (cough!) out of date, but is actually still as fresh as a daisy. Am not worried about the carbs (which are VERY low), but more about the chia seed fibre consequences. I am sure you are all looking forward to being kept up to date with developments.

So I think I have already posted my food for yesterday, but we can add an Ugg muffin to that. With cream. And very nice it was too. Not too sweet/sweetenery and because I only have EVOO instead of mild, I substituted butter - which means the muffins are much more solid, esp right out of the fridge, but taste nicer. The sweetener is xylitol, so the only concern is not letting a single crumb fall into a dog's mouth. I believe that was the reason I stopped buying these, because I can't think of another reason.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That made me laugh thinking about swapping blackberries for cauli rice! Are the Cornish caulis affected by the weather too? I used to love blackberrying and always kept my best places a secret! They freeze really well if you start them on a tray to keep separate and later transfer to a plastic bag. I still have half a drawer of them.
Yesterday’s food:
Lunch: arrived home hungry after long drive has another slice HiLo toast piled on thick layer of peanut butter, more tea.
Lots of water.
Supper: Roasted Med veg with EVO and Italian herbs preceded by 2 G&STs!
Another high FBG this morning

I’m still able to buy cauliflowers, but they are quite small. Bought a couple and riced them for the freezer yesterday just in case.
I’ll start freezing blackberries again soon - like you I had a load in the freezer from last year but finally used them up a month or 2 ago so I’m glad to see so many around now. There’s a fairly quiet lane along the top of our house which is bursting with brambles, unfortunately quite a lot of stinging nettles too so some just aren’t accessible.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Missed yesterday because I needed to find a letter regarding a repair to our Bosch boiler which I had filed away in the "miscellaneous" pile which currently is just about everything that comes into the house - my filing is abominable since I retired to look after my husband which is unforgivable since that is one of the things I taught while working. I retired almost 10 years ago now and since hubby died (almost exactly 2 years ago) I have been telling myself that I must go through it all and dump what could be and file away what needs to be kept. So - I found the letter from Bosch and will call the installer today. I also spent all day sorting out half of the stuff in the kitchen and filing away what I could. I was amazed to find a box file containing my husband's apprentice exams from 1951 - never seen them before, and some navigation and seamanship workbooks from the same time. Fascinating. More to do today. Then I'll start on the living room and the bedroom cupboards. The time is NOW!

Anyway, yesterday I had 3 remaining sausages in the pack I had and 2 slices of black pudding at about noon plus cups of tea to sustain me all morning and the rest of my boef non-bourguinon at about 1930. Tea again of course - I don't like the taste of our water and don't bother with coffee. Doesn't leave much else to keep the fluid levels up.

Two eggs scrambled in butter this morning about 0930 plus tea and pills. I'll find something in the freezer for later.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterdays food
Lunch: rollitos and avocado.
Supper: lamb steak, tomatoes, mushrooms
2 G&ST.

After an earlier than usual supper had a shocking FBG today of 7.3.

Oh PenguinMum, I would be sooo happy to have an FBG of 7.3 most mornings. I realise that for you it is not what is wanted and I sympathise - it's just wishful thinking on my part. Having said that - after a larger than usual dose of insulin last night (about 0015 this morning) it was down to 7.0 this morning - very unusual. Can I ask - what happens after your FBG measurement and before breakfast? Mine shoots up to around the 9 or 10 mark and takes the rest of the day to come down to something like normal (for me normal is something over 7) again.

Viv19

I watched the Magic Pill docu last night. Very interesting, especially the effect the diet had on the little autistic girl.
A friend’s autistic son had only a few things that he would eat, the main one being Weetabix, for all meals if he could. One time she was unwell, ran out of Weetabix and wasn’t able to buy any for some time. First he freaked out, finally accepting other food after refusing for several days, but then he calmed down. He stopped flapping hands, was more concentrated. Some months later she tried a test to see what might happen if he ate them again- he started being anxious and flapping his hands again. Fascinating.
Our No 1 has Aspergers, and I realised in Australia that food colours affected her. This was in the days of sunset yellow, some particularly evil blues etc. It was in everything! I loved the way the ‘experts’ would say ‘it hasn’t been proven that food colours have any effect on children.’ Ha! I used to think they should come and live with us for a few days and find out. Of course when I cut down on the artificial colours, I was also cutting out lots of sugar as there were hardly any alternatives as there are now. But the colours were a definite- sunset yellow was even in the batter on fish and chips to - make it look more eggy.
My food
Apart from usual nuts, cheese and yoghurt yesterday, I made butter chicken in the IP. Very good.
And I’ve just made chocolate yoghurt ice cream- mmm very good. Feeling quite spoilt.

Reactions: maglil55