What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher, I saw this little guy just a few minutes ago and thought you might like to see him. I wonder if we have any of the same varieties in our two gardens? I haven't seen in my garden any of the lovely ones you've posted here.
bfly3-jpg.35059

He had a friend with him.

bee1-jpg.35060

Attachments

• bfly3.jpg
    bfly3.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 312
  • bee1.jpg
    bee1.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 273

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher, I saw this little guy just a few minutes ago and thought you might like to see him. I wonder if we have any of the same varieties in our two gardens? I haven't seen in my garden any of the lovely ones you've posted here.
bfly3-jpg.35059

He had a friend with him.

bee1-jpg.35060
We might have the same varieties. But I have not seen one of those in the top photo.
Today I saw Red Admirals and a Meadow Brown. And some daytime moths, but I am not up on the names of daytime moths, nor night time ones!!!

They both like those yellow flowers @SaskiaKC

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon folks from sunny Rodeo Drive, it’s good for a look but that’s all.
Bit of a daily struggle with the bloods but that was to be expected on the burger diet.
A few pics of Santa Barbara ( beautiful) and Los Angeles (not my cup of tea, more B.S than L.A).

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 107

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fellow musicians, I need your help, please. I was just reminded of one of the first movies I ever saw, when I was 4 years old. I'm told I came home singing one of the songs, and one phrase has stayed with me all these years. So, I just Googled the lyric and then YouTubed the song, and now I want to ask y'all -- is there really a familiar musical phrase in the chorus? Do y'all hear it too?

One musical passage --

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We might have the same varieties. But I have not seen one of those in the top photo.
Today I saw Red Admirals and a Meadow Brown. And some daytime moths, but I am not up on the names of daytime moths, nor night time ones!!!

They both like those yellow flowers @SaskiaKC

It wasn't planned, but I did dress in the colors of one of these today--
upload_2019-8-18_21-35-59.jpeg
He's an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and one of my favorites.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning and more computer work to be done today. I'm rebuilding my old pc and all the new parts are due this afternoon, but before then I have to set up a FB business page and Instagram account for another neighbour. Enjoy the day :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It wasn't planned, but I did dress in the colors of one of these today--
View attachment 35068 He's an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and one of my favorites.
Very pretty!
You must have looked gorgeous!
When I was a child and lived in Kent for awhile, there were Swallowtail butterflies every summer on the Iceplants my mother grew.
upload_2019-8-19_7-37-0.gif

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning which was bright and sunny until the moment I went to step out of the door. Then the heavens opened!
@trick60 lovely photos again.
@gennepher your fbg levels are really coming down - brilliant. Are you still eating most of your food in the morning?
@HarrisonK that sounds like the worse day ever to me - I’m hopeless at computer stuff so thank goodness there are people like you about. Your neighbours are lucky to have you around.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, again no insulin, but within an hour I’d climbed to 7.1 before breakfast. As I’m out all day today I couldn’t wait till I’d come down for breakfast so gonna be really high in a couple of hours. I wonder if DP and Foot on the Floor syndrome are things for non diabetics also.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK that sounds like the worse day ever to me - I’m hopeless at computer stuff so thank goodness there are people like you about. Your neighbours are lucky to have you around.

Computer days are my favourite days, our little community is mostly older people and I've dragged many of them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. We have an informal 'silver surfers' group now and they can certainly teach their grandkids a thing or two. Our newest project is creating a file sharing network for the Cookery club members. Great fun :)

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. My bad run of FBG enters another week 7.3. Today I have longstanding meet with friends for lunch at the pub so hope they will agree to serve me a side salad and a glass of water! I do have lots of housework to do today so that might help I suppose. Tomo back to Kent but only to take friend to hospital and set up a bed downstairs for her. So will either drive home late tomo or first thing Wed.
@trick60 so glad you are enjoying your trip, makes me think of ‘California Dreaming’. @Fndwheelie you are making such great progress its great to see. @DJC3 I am excited for you getting your girl down to join you and hugs to Dennis for the weather! Maybe he needs a coat for the winter, a Barbour would be good (early Christmas prezzie?). @SaskiaKC my OH works near Gatwick which is an hours drive from where we live. @HarrisonK you must be the best neighbour in the UK I salute you. @jjraak I wonder if I will open a spellchecker or bottle of gin on 25 Dec lol. Anyone seen @ianpspurs do hope he is well though it might be his moving house time. Best wishes to him.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. It’s another beautiful day in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel misinformation and grassing up on transgressions reported a 6.0 this am.

Mrs Miggins has just left with her twin sister for a few days in Krakow so I am being left entirely unsupervised until Friday.
Only one job to do - go to the post office and post a letter for next day delivery - not sure though about what day to actually begin this task. Anyhow. I have decided not to renew my Office365 account so am spending the morning sorting out alternatives for things like Outlook, word and all the other stuff that I used when earning a crust. Thunderbird and Open Office are looking good. @HarrisonK - any suggestions?

Have a great day if you can, big hugs for all who need a daily hug (that’s the whole world population then).

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 again this morning. Was 4.9 last night so it looks as though I did store quite a lot of the extra protein as sugar.

Yesterday - because of the high fbs had no carbs for breakfast but this morning just couldn't face eggs and bacon or the lovely scrambled eggs that I usually like so had my kefir, inulin, ground flaxseeds mixed together and topped with a dollop of greek yoghurt and flaked almonds Plus some fried halloumi. 9g of carbs.

2hrs reading was 8.1. Too high I know but only 0.9 up from fbs which I suppose is good.

Have noticed something very weird with my readings. If fbs is in the 4s or low 5s even a zero carb breakfast will increase levels up to 3.0 at the 2hr reading. But after a higher fbs that absolutely never happens and the rise is significantly lower.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have noticed something very weird with my readings. If fbs is in the 4s or low 5s even a zero carb breakfast will increase levels up to 3.0 at the 2hr reading. But after a higher fbs that absolutely never happens and the rise is significantly lower.

I noticed the same thing, but with the Libre I see when my fbs is higher it’s usually DP starting a bit earlier then the climb from breakfast isn’t as much. Breakfast and DP combined make the spike pretty high.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Computer days are my favourite days, our little community is mostly older people and I've dragged many of them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. We have an informal 'silver surfers' group now and they can certainly teach their grandkids a thing or two. Our newest project is creating a file sharing network for the Cookery club members. Great fun :)

Wow! Well done, I wish you lived near me.