1st Annual T2 review... The scores are in...

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
And the Man from Delmonte, he say, prognosis is GOOD! :) My current BG, coming up to one year since diagnosis is 36!! (down from 49), and no medication, just diet and exercise. I've lost 5st with a bit more to go, but I'm consistent in my approach to food and exercise, I watch everything I eat and I work out daily, it's now 'life'. The doc put a note on my records "Excellent management of diabetes" - I'm so happy! :) (because compared to my old lifestyle where I was literally breaking myself, this is a MAJOR achievement for me, that I've stayed consistent with my change of life and the low carb lifestyle.

There's a long way to go, I know this is only the start, it's a life long condition, but I'm genuinely so grateful this happened when it did. In an odd way, getting diagnosed saved me - mind, body and soul, which I know sounds a little bit 'woo-woo' but it's absolutely true. Literally a total lifestyle change.

If you're struggling to get your head around diagnosis, whatever you do, keep goiiiiiing! :)

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wowsers well done you!
5 stone in weight and HbA1c reduction is brilliant.
I think a lot of us are strangely pleased about being diagnosed as it shook us out of the "death spiral" that we were stuck in.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the Man from Delmonte, he say, prognosis is GOOD! :) My current BG, coming up to one year since diagnosis is 36!! (down from 49), and no medication, just diet and exercise. I've lost 5st with a bit more to go, but I'm consistent in my approach to food and exercise, I watch everything I eat and I work out daily, it's now 'life'. The doc put a note on my records "Excellent management of diabetes" - I'm so happy! :) (because compared to my old lifestyle where I was literally breaking myself, this is a MAJOR achievement for me, that I've stayed consistent with my change of life and the low carb lifestyle.

There's a long way to go, I know this is only the start, it's a life long condition, but I'm genuinely so grateful this happened when it did. In an odd way, getting diagnosed saved me - mind, body and soul, which I know sounds a little bit 'woo-woo' but it's absolutely true. Literally a total lifestyle change.

If you're struggling to get your head around diagnosis, whatever you do, keep goiiiiiing! :)
Excellent work, congratulations!

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wowsers well done you!
5 stone in weight and HbA1c reduction is brilliant.in
I think a lot of us are strangely pleased about being diagnosed as it shook us out of the "death spiral" that we were stuck in.

Yes true. I am one of those who was initially depressed on my diagnosis 2 years ago.... However, presently very pleased... I might live trouble free for a couple of years on effective weight management and a change in eating habits:)

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
Wowsers well done you!
5 stone in weight and HbA1c reduction is brilliant.
Thanks Bulkbiker :) exactly that! I'm kind of relieved I got the *push* to take stock of my health. I couldn't tell my friends in real life because they don't 'get it' when I talk about the lifestyle, but I was Sooo happy when I came out of the docs this morning. It's a whole year I've kep this up, even through Christmas and a holiday to USA, epic change, I just need to carry it on now :)

Reactions: jjraak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Bulkbiker :) exactly that! I'm kind of relieved I got the *push* to take stock of my health. I couldn't tell my friends in real life because they don't 'get it' when I talk about the lifestyle, but I was Sooo happy when I came out of the docs this morning. It's a whole year I've kep this up, even through Christmas and a holiday to USA, epic change, I just need to carry it on now :)
For me it gets easier over time and has become my new normal.. almost 4 years in..
Hope it proves the same for you.
Just thinking about hanging on to eyes and toes etc etc...

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
For me it gets easier over time and has become my new normal.. almost 4 years in..
Hope it proves the same for you.
Just thinking about hanging on to eyes and toes etc etc...
Same! That's exactly how I'm thinking of it too - I want to keep the body intact and working for as long as possible :)

Reactions: jjraak

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
Yes true. I am one of those who was initially depressed on my diagnosis 2 years ago.... However, presently very pleased... I might live trouble free for a couple of years on effective weight management and a change in eating habits:)
Same with the feeling at diagnosis, it was not a good time. Reflecting, it had to happen, I'm pleased it pushed me in the right direction. Stay strong xx