What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have decided not to renew my Office365 account so am spending the morning sorting out alternatives for things like Outlook, word and all the other stuff that I used when earning a crust. Thunderbird and Open Office are looking good. @HarrisonK - any suggestions?

Have a great day if you can, big hugs for all who need a daily hug (that’s the whole world population then).

Haha. For the letter joke.

As for me.
Depending on your needs,
I have been using open office for many years.
Save as ms97.. And everyone can open as normal
I also got into Google docs. Syncs well with gdrive.
And for email... Nothing easier then Gmail.

I knew nothing of computers until 1990's.. Work switched over, so I bought a cheap one and taught myself.. pc for dummies.. Great book.

Then I discovered the world of FREE stuff.
And never looked back.

Can't Believe so many people pay for stuff that isn't premium and can be got for free

And if you're so inclined get a brand new computer system, by going Linux.. Mint was my favourite..... Then EVERYTHINGS FREE..

Reactions: trick60

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. My bad run of FBG enters another week 7.3. Today I have longstanding meet with friends for lunch at the pub so hope they will agree to serve me a side salad and a glass of water! I do have lots of housework to do today so that might help I suppose. Tomo back to Kent but only to take friend to hospital and set up a bed downstairs for her. So will either drive home late tomo or first thing Wed.
@trick60 so glad you are enjoying your trip, makes me think of ‘California Dreaming’. @Fndwheelie you are making such great progress its great to see. @DJC3 I am excited for you getting your girl down to join you and hugs to Dennis for the weather! Maybe he needs a coat for the winter, a Barbour would be good (early Christmas prezzie?). @SaskiaKC my OH works near Gatwick which is an hours drive from where we live. @HarrisonK you must be the best neighbour in the UK I salute you. @jjraak I wonder if I will open a spellchecker or bottle of gin on 25 Dec lol. Anyone seen @ianpspurs do hope he is well though it might be his moving house time. Best wishes to him.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

More hugs for the inexplicable FBG, you’re doing brilliantly sticking with it though. Hard not to get despondent sometimes I know. Mine will probably start going up again soon as yours come down - we can wave at each other as we pass!
Re Dennis and Barbour coat - funny you should mention that, we do have one still from our old terrier Tilly. She always looked so proud wearing it! ( that’s what we thought anyway!) I’m Hoping Dennis will fit it eventually. At the moment I don’t know how much more growing he’ll do so I can’t get him a new one - he’s already grown out of 3 harnesses!
Good luck with today’s lunch, hope you can get something low carb.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another very late night to bed at 3am...I must get myself back in a routine...the sun is out (it was yesterday then hammered down) a great breeze...I need to get some food shopping I think I'm eating too much protein so need some variety...I did go to the supermarket on Friday...exited the car & realised I'd left my debit cards at home...came back empty handed & peed off...more coffee then off to hunt in the aisles...woke to a 6.6

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the hugs. I really dont know what else to do and am trying not to get stressed. I am hopeless if I’m hungry so am sticking with 2 small meals and the most sensible amount of safe dinner and am hoping it will sort itself out. The only thing it is making me reach for a G&ST a bit more :joyful: I think Barber dog coats that are worn in are great. Hopefully Dennis will grow into it in time for winter.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Computer days are my favourite days, our little community is mostly older people and I've dragged many of them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. We have an informal 'silver surfers' group now and they can certainly teach their grandkids a thing or two. Our newest project is creating a file sharing network for the Cookery club members. Great fun :)

And you are a great guy. Your community sounds lovely.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. My bad run of FBG enters another week 7.3. Today I have longstanding meet with friends for lunch at the pub so hope they will agree to serve me a side salad and a glass of water! I do have lots of housework to do today so that might help I suppose. Tomo back to Kent but only to take friend to hospital and set up a bed downstairs for her. So will either drive home late tomo or first thing Wed.
@trick60 so glad you are enjoying your trip, makes me think of ‘California Dreaming’. @Fndwheelie you are making such great progress its great to see. @DJC3 I am excited for you getting your girl down to join you and hugs to Dennis for the weather! Maybe he needs a coat for the winter, a Barbour would be good (early Christmas prezzie?). @SaskiaKC my OH works near Gatwick which is an hours drive from where we live. @HarrisonK you must be the best neighbour in the UK I salute you. @jjraak I wonder if I will open a spellchecker or bottle of gin on 25 Dec lol. Anyone seen @ianpspurs do hope he is well though it might be his moving house time. Best wishes to him.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One for your stamp book @karen8967

View attachment 35050

Stolen from wifes FB page
A lovely illustration and sentiment. But as an artist I have always had this philosophy.

Look back the view is always different and inspiring also applies to life.

Strangely I used the slogan on a card I used for some keen walking friends. Attached.

As promised my breakfast BS. The new findings of Dracula

Date.
14 Aug. Before 5.7 After 7.4 18 carbs grams with 3 Rivita the 7.4 is unusual
15 Aug. Before 5.3 After 6.0 5 carbs grams
16 Aug. Before 5.5 After 7.3 7 carbs grams my cold OR the biscuit I had at 20.30 last night)
17 Aug. Before 5.6 After 6.2 2 carbs grams
18 Aug Before 5.7 After 6.1 <2 carbs grams
19 Aug. Before 5.7 After 6.3 10 carbs grams

So conclusion, carbs or no carbs in the morning so far have not shown much difference in BS, no more posting results but I will keep monitoring.

After my 2.5 hour bike ride today BS was 5.8

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    679.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated morning to you all, I have a late start at work as working late, good news! I didn't have to go on "The Road to Hell" or you may want to call it IKEA, at the weekend!! The better half decided she didn't want to go, something about a bearded fat man whining all the way round, and threating to "run over the next person who bumps into me" or words to that effect. Any way the meter of doom sat and threw a 4.9 at me, faster than a ball from Archer, but I managed to get out of the way (unlike Smith) and exited the building toot sweet! I will take that reading as had high readings all weekend (probably something about trying to relive my yoof, ie having a small drink) so enjoy your Monday everyone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the hugs. I really dont know what else to do and am trying not to get stressed. I am hopeless if I’m hungry so am sticking with 2 small meals and the most sensible amount of safe dinner and am hoping it will sort itself out. The only thing it is making me reach for a G&ST a bit more :joyful: I think Barber dog coats that are worn in are great. Hopefully Dennis will grow into it in time for winter.

I'm hopeless when hungry too.
t1976.gif

t1997.gif

t1106.gif

t1111.gif

@ianpspurs -- HELLO OUT THERE! We miss you!

c0139.gif
c0139.gif
c0138.gif
c0139.gif
c0138.gif
c0139.gif
c0138.gif
c0139.gif
c0138.gif
c0139.gif
c0138.gif
c0138.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But muddy waters..where is the screeching you want ME do....am I just tapping a tambourine, man. ;)
Whoops sorry, "you really got my mojo working" so "baby please don't go" we could try something by the great EP as "you ain't nothing but a hound dog" :singing:

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_102422.jpg
    IMG_20190819_102422.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 90

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed the same thing, but with the Libre I see when my fbs is higher it’s usually DP starting a bit earlier then the climb from breakfast isn’t as much. Breakfast and DP combined make the spike pretty high.
Thank you - that's very helpful and makes perfect sense. It explains something that I have been puzzling over for ages.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning which was bright and sunny until the moment I went to step out of the door. Then the heavens opened!
@trick60 lovely photos again.
@gennepher your fbg levels are really coming down - brilliant. Are you still eating most of your food in the morning?
@HarrisonK that sounds like the worse day ever to me - I’m hopeless at computer stuff so thank goodness there are people like you about. Your neighbours are lucky to have you around.

Hi @DJC3

Yes I am eating all my food in a morning. I start eating about 9am. I usually finish eating about 12 (sometimes up to 1pm depends how my day pans out).

I usually eat within a 3 hour window (but sometimes within a 4 hour window, again depending on how my day pans out).
Consequently that means I am fasting 20 to 21 hours a day, every day.

Occasionally I may eat something early afternoon, but that is to suit meeting someone. And it really doesn’t agree with me and knocks me off kilter the rest of the day.

Thank you very much!

A bit more added at 13:55pm:
I have been losing weight doing this.
A few weeks ago I was just over 120kg.
This morning I was 113.9 kg.
I hope I am not banjaxing my lucky streak by sharing. I was going to keep it to myself. But I am a bit proud of myself.
Also I am trying to keep my carbs to under 25, or even 10. But it’s when I meet someone for a meal, it gets a bit tricky to keep to that, but on the whole I succeed.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC I am about, reading posts and giving ratings but not posting for a while. Attending to other health issues which I won't bore y'all with but they are quite disruptive so routine has somewhat gone by the board. Thanks for the tags and I really appreciate it. Also must give a special mention and huge thanks to @DJC3 who pm'd me - what a very special lady you are.