Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oops! Could you delete that post Mel? Tho am also wondering why I need a different name for this site.

Reactions: LooperCat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Some cats.

:cat::cat::cat:

0EF7C799-A110-484E-AC23-C3DEC9C3DCC1.jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks Mel. And you already knew my name.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been interviewing this morning(not @MeiChanski ! - but good luck to you), BGs have been excellent!

@Marie 2 great video, and good to see some more pics of @hh1 new puppy! Now wondering if I could get away with adding another to my clan............

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Home at last, and munched lunch. Had to go straight to Mil from work, drop her at the hospital, pop to M&S for a dirty vegan dinner (junk food!) and finally make it home.

I suspect fil might be in for a while. Mum's neighbour (good friend of theirs) popped in yesterday and was telling us that she thinks he's going downhill. Now husband is all worried and will be peering at the poor man anxiously when he visits this afternoon..

Hope the interview goes well! Thank you for the dog pictures (and the cat ones!) - lovely to see. The neighbour mentioned above is having a new rescue girl - Shih-Tzu/poodle cross with a few problems, mainly that she is scared witless of men. She was severely beaten by a previous (male) owner. Luckily neighbour lives with her daughter and doesn't want a man in her life.

I'm looking forward to meeting the little newcomer!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re uploading photos. I am on the forum. I just hit the + sign at the side of where you write. Then the little mountain sign which takes me to photos I have on my phone/IPad Click on the photo I want and post!
@MeiChanski hope all goes well.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your girl is back from hell. :hilarious:
Interview went okay, I'd like to think it went okay. Owner is a waman, so we had a nice conversation and diabetes was behaving pre and post interview. I went in prepared with my passport, hygiene certificate and other forms of identification. She said she had to turn someone down because he didn't have a national insurance number. On the other hand, the owner is looking to start this weekend so I might hear back from her. They have vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options too, so my eyes were gleaming at the options. I'm a tad worried because she doesn't know much about diabetes, not that I expect people and their neighbours to know but in situations when I need help, I hope she doesn't think I need more insulin. :grumpy:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also applied to a pharmacy apprentice role, I thought I'd give it a shot. It's the pharmacy that has issues trying to order my sensors and fiasp (my gp surgery eye rolls at them because I'm not the only patient that has been asking for a paper script.) and the pharmacist said they aren't looking for anyone with experience so I handed in my CV :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanskismart move on going for the pharmacy job, good luck with both of them. I never found anyone I worked with who had a clue about T1 but also never found anyone who wasn't interested or fascinated by it, and more than willing to be told what to do in case of whatever.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been in a situation where my housemates thought I needed insulin, when in fact I was having a really bad hypo. I told them right at the beginning of the academic year that I have type 1 diabetes, if I look unwell and I can't assist myself, call for an ambulance and with high blood sugars I can manage myself. They did call for an ambulance but before that they were going through my kit and saying to each other "I think she needs insulin". Because I couldn't talk, I mumbled out a word no or made a sound that sounded like no. So I don't really know if there is a difference between letting people know or not tell them. Most of the time I tell people around me I get questions like "can you eat sugary things?" Like everyone else, I just tell people in case something happens.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
No need to blame anything.
It is called "being human".

If anyone says they have never done something like that it is because they have a personal assistant thatsorts out birthdays for them

I do have a calendar, but, I wrote SIL's birthday on the wrong day, right month though :joyful::oops:

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've been in a situation where my housemates thought I needed insulin, when in fact I was having a really bad hypo. I told them right at the beginning of the academic year that I have type 1 diabetes, if I look unwell and I can't assist myself, call for an ambulance and with high blood sugars I can manage myself. They did call for an ambulance but before that they were going through my kit and saying to each other "I think she needs insulin". Because I couldn't talk, I mumbled out a word no or made a sound that sounded like no. So I don't really know if there is a difference between letting people know or not tell them. Most of the time I tell people around me I get questions like "can you eat sugary things?" Like everyone else, I just tell people in case something happens.

I say to people, never give me Insulin EVER, if I am unresponsive, meaning a very low blood sugar, then call 999 straight away and they will take care of my medical needs.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I also applied to a pharmacy apprentice role, I thought I'd give it a shot. It's the pharmacy that has issues trying to order my sensors and fiasp (my gp surgery eye rolls at them because I'm not the only patient that has been asking for a paper script.) and the pharmacist said they aren't looking for anyone with experience so I handed in my CV :)

Hi I worked in a family run pharmacy about 8 years ago and I could of been trained up to be a pharmacy assistant, but it meant about 18 months staying there, because if I left before the time I finished the course, I would of had to pay back the money they spent on getting me through the course. I left after 10 months, as caring for my dad came first.
Good luck in whatever you do, you will find the right job for you :)
ps I have two part-time jobs and I love them both.