Any advice on wheatgrass juice powder and apple cider vinegar

Juso

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I want to try both of these after seeing loads of videos on utube. Has anyone tried either one or both of these? I am on metformin and not sure if these remedies are compatible with diabetes drugs. I believe they are both helpful at reducing blood sugar levels and I really want to get off metformin because of wind and constipation.

D

Deleted member 308541

I want to try both of these after seeing loads of videos on utube. Has anyone tried either one or both of these? I am on metformin and not sure if these remedies are compatible with diabetes drugs. I believe they are both helpful at reducing blood sugar levels and I really want to get off metformin because of wind and constipation.
I know I was told by my GP not to use apple cider vinegar because of conflicts with my Digoxin heart medication. He did not mention Metformin tho'.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Wheatgrass juice powder and apple cider vinegar? Sounds awful!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
never tried wheatgrass juice..sounds like it shouldn't be any good for T2D.

ACV..i bought hoping it would lower my BG in mornings...(as that's what i read it could do )

but if i'm honest.. not sure if it did, as i did other things as well, that may have helped.

but i did find i LIKED the taste and carried on drinking it.
I doesn't seem to of had a negative impact, and i'm happy to THINK it's doing some good.
so until i hear otherwise it's on my list of 'likes'

oh, and i'm on metformin and no issues to report.

be interested to hear your take on either if you should try them.

good luck.

Reactions: Debandez

Juso

Type of diabetes
Type 2
never tried wheatgrass juice..sounds like it shouldn't be any good for T2D.

ACV..i bought hoping it would lower my BG in mornings...(as that's what i read it could do )

but if i'm honest.. not sure if it did, as i did other things as well, that may have helped.

but i did find i LIKED the taste and carried on drinking it.
I doesn't seem to of had a negative impact, and i'm happy to THINK it's doing some good.
so until i hear otherwise it's on my list of 'likes'

oh, and i'm on metformin and no issues to report.

be interested to hear your take on either if you should try them.

good luck.

I will report back in a few weeks. Apparently you take a shot of wheatgrass in the morning before breakfast or it can be mixed in a smoothie, and drink diluted apple cider vinegar before meals or else with a meal. I am pleased to hear you haven’t had any adverse effects with metformin.

statler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
salad
currently into week 3 of trying acv, despite all the vitriol on youtube if its having any affect on my levels its very small, plus chugging down a glass on a morning is rather an effort, if you havent smelt it yet dont be thinking cos its made from apples it tastes nice, it doesnt taste or smell any different from malt vinegar, even in some dilute fruit drink it still tastes foul, but good luck

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried AVC once or twice before meals but haven't done any regular drinking of it on its own.. I do like it on salads or even a dash in the yoke of soft boiled eggs. I find it has a much pleasanter taste than vinegar which seems to have lost its tanginess or perhaps my taste buds have changed as I have got older. Haven't noticed whether its doing anything regarding blood sugars though. Cannot comment regarding reactions with Metformin as I am diet controlled only.

Tried cinnamon and fenugreek as well as they too are supposed to help lower blood sugars. In the case of cinnamon its supposed to also help with insulin resistance. Idea as to eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day, thought it would be ok but it was too strong for me raw, maybe will try tablet form as its also supposed to lower cholesterol and my cholesterol was up last bloods. Fenugreek I tried sprinkling on food but again its an acquired taste. Think its just hard slog and good motivation that gets results.