What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Quick Morening from the dark and dangerous norf, I'm running on internetty I brought up from the soft sarf wif me on the bike.

Road kill badger ( a northern delicacy ) resulted in 7.7 this morning.

Have a good day folks, I hope two ( other too's available from all good dictionaries )

Must go

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC I am about, reading posts and giving ratings but not posting for a while. Attending to other health issues which I won't bore y'all with but they are quite disruptive so routine has somewhat gone by the board. Thanks for the tags and I really appreciate it. Also must give a special mention and huge thanks to @DJC3 who pm'd me - what a very special lady you are.
Hope you get your other health issues sorted really quickly and life gets back to normal. So sorry that these health issues are so disruptive.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning back to a more normal 5.5. Doggies walked and I am now back on my computer to work on my coursework. It is quite hard to do - but not impossible. I think I had stressed so much over it that I had got it into my head that it was so so difficult and much too hard for me to do.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A morning of bickering and dickering with my meter after a night of waking up hungry from a series of weird dreams. First stab got me 6.7; when I refused it I was offered a 6.3. I took it, just happy to be awake and to realize that no one had taken one of my favorite novels and added a series of live-action illustrations that, like some movie adaptations, completely changed the story!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on this damp but optimistic pre-bin day.

The wonder wheel of too much yoghurt and berries last night rewarded me with a stern 6.1

All this talk of bands and special dance moves reminds me of the lyrics of a Manfred Mann number:
There she was just a-walkin' down the street, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine) ——

How? How does wailing nonsense while snapping fingers and shuffling along equate to looking good and fine? Unless of course she is a candidate for some experimental institution.

Have a great day if you can, big hugs for all who need them, glad to read that you are chugging along @ianpspurs - in our thoughts.

Awww ... thank you! You have just reminded me of one of the first "bonding" moments I had with my new step-niece and -nephew nearly 40 years ago -- sitting around the kitchen table playing some family card game and singing that song.
h3320.gif
h3320.gif
h3320.gif

But, ya know? I've never analyzed the lyrics before!
c0303.gif

t9202.gif

h3310.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An interesting talk on You Tube about fruit:

And I watched the next one...

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yourday out today sounds great. Hope the sun shines.
Thank you and your hope fir sunshine did the trick, pleanty of it.

We were out 5 hours, the down side of taking 2 granddaughters and my good lady on a mountain bike picnic is I have to carry everything, thank goodness I had lost all those Kilos :)

Great day, even risked an ice cream and happily my BS was only 5.4 on returning home. Also it tired my granddaughters out so they are off to bed early, happy me:hilarious:, I luv em really.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3

Yes I am eating all my food in a morning. I start eating about 9am. I usually finish eating about 12 (sometimes up to 1pm depends how my day pans out).

I usually eat within a 3 hour window (but sometimes within a 4 hour window, again depending on how my day pans out).
Consequently that means I am fasting 20 to 21 hours a day, every day.

Occasionally I may eat something early afternoon, but that is to suit meeting someone. And it really doesn’t agree with me and knocks me off kilter the rest of the day.

Thank you very much!

A bit more added at 13:55pm:
I have been losing weight doing this.
A few weeks ago I was just over 120kg.
This morning I was 113.9 kg.
I hope I am not banjaxing my lucky streak by sharing. I was going to keep it to myself. But I am a bit proud of myself.
Also I am trying to keep my carbs to under 25, or even 10. But it’s when I meet someone for a meal, it gets a bit tricky to keep to that, but on the whole I succeed.

That’s brilliant @gennepher it really seems to be doing the trick. Do you get hungry in the evenings?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s brilliant @gennepher it really seems to be doing the trick. Do you get hungry in the evenings?

No I don't feel hungry in the evenings @DJC3

But I think what also helps me, is that I live on my own, I don't have anyone to cook for, or to cook for me, and maybe the main thing is that I don't have a television (not had one for nearly 20 years now), and so I do not see adverts for food and consequently don't get triggers in the evening for something I might fancy. So, I think in that respect it might be easier for me than others who have partners and family living with them.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No I don't feel hungry in the evenings @DJC3

But I think what also helps me, is that I live on my own, I don't have anyone to cook for, or to cook for me, and maybe the main thing is that I don't have a television (not had one for nearly 20 years now), and so I do not see adverts for food and consequently don't get triggers in the evening for something I might fancy. So, I think in that respect it might be easier for me than others who have partners and family living with them.

Interesting observation about the food triggers and TV I find Im quite susceptible to suggestion. I watched a prog this evening where the main characters were often filmed in bars and restaurants with glasses of white wine and I found myself really wanting one too. We didn’t have any in the house, so I couldn’t, but I think you’re right about the subconscious effect of watching people eating and drinking, even without advertisements.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t get round to posting today, or maybe even yesterday. Both were in the high fives.
Daughter and partner arrived, so did Mr C with a lorry load of furniture so we’ve had a couple of days of struggling in and up our narrow stairs with a bed, chests of drawers and heavy boxes. Still a lot of boxes and stuff around but we’re gradually finding a place for everything. The house looks even smaller now.
Good to see you back @ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting observation about the food triggers and TV I find Im quite susceptible to suggestion. I watched a prog this evening where the main characters were often filmed in bars and restaurants with glasses of white wine and I found myself really wanting one too. We didn’t have any in the house, so I couldn’t, but I think you’re right about the subconscious effect of watching people eating and drinking, even without advertisements.

I am catching up on 9 seasons of a TV series in which the whole family gets together and eatsin every single episode! :( :D. Blue Bloods.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yes, that is very true I think @DJC3
There are a lot of things that have the potential to trigger a want.

I only have to see a photo of a baked potato and I really want it. But I have no oven nor potatoes in the house. Also I know now how alarmingly a potato will raise my sugars. Also eating a potato makes me want more sugar stuff. It is not worth it. There are a couple of other things too that can trigger a “really want”. But I don’t do it. One day that “want” won’t be triggered... I hope.

I know what works to make my sugar levels better, and I know not to give in.