Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it’s frustrating eating to doses available @MeiChanski. I think I’ve probably just got used to accepting that T1 means I sometimes have to adjust what I eat as it’s preferable to having blood sugar problems. I still really envy those who can pick and choose without calculating and selecting and dosing etc. and without having to wait until bloods are right for eating. I don’t like eating at all when bloods are above 7 as I know I’ll most likely go higher, no matter what they said at Dafne.
I admire you, if my BG hits 7-8mmol after a high BG around 13++, I'll go eat. I only spike because I can't wait for insulin to kick but most of the time I wait until food is done cooking, however as long BG comes back down, I have no problem except the libre graph looks like I've been on a wild roller coaster ride. But with fiasp it hasn't been too bad. I've had more spikes with novorapid than fiasp.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning (just)

Bloods being a so and so last night. Took the dog out for a long walk, didn't take and glucose tabs with me DOH! Around a mile from the house felt pretty bad, alarms started to go off and 3.9 with a double down arrow. Suspended my pump and had a really nice 15 min walk/stagger home. Wont be doing that mistake again!!!!!

@hh1 Narla is my other halfs daughters dog, we have her until she moves into her new house......secretly hoping its going to take ages :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning (just)

Bloods being a so and so last night. Took the dog out for a long walk, didn't take and glucose tabs with me DOH! Around a mile from the house felt pretty bad, alarms started to go off and 3.9 with a double down arrow. Suspended my pump and had a really nice 15 min walk/stagger home. Wont be doing that mistake again!!!!!

@hh1 Narla is my other halfs daughters dog, we have her until she moves into her new house......secretly hoping its going to take ages :)
Bad luck on the walking front - I've only done it once with a dog and it's scary as you're responsible for them too. Can see why you hope it takes a while....

Reactions: MeiChanski

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all!

Been discharged by the Maxillofacial clinic as my trigeminal neuralgia (a diabetes complication neuropathy) has resolved itself to the point of barely bothering me any longer, so I’m thrilled about that. Continue taking the bedtime pregabalin, titrating the dose down if I want to. While I was there, my Prof printed off the results of my bloods I had taken on Friday for diabetes clinic at the end of the month. I’m thrilled, HbA1c down to 35 (5.4%) and all my blood, liver, kidney, heart and thyroid markers have come back perfect. If it wasn’t for the major organ failure, I’d be in perfect health ;)

My very unofficial rig had predicted 34, so it seems adjusting the calibration code on my Omnipod meter has got things in line with lab results. I’d suspected it was reading artificially low for some time, my predictions had been mid 30s for some time but labs kept coming back around 40. I’m sure it’s to keep people running higher because of the dread of hypos among the medical profession. Anyway, my blood calibrated sensor results show me as hypo less than 2% of the time, so hopefully my team will be happy with that. Libre says I’m hypo 46% of the time and estimated my HbA1c at 26!

02D053DB-054B-4F98-8855-E8588E0A3AA2.jpeg

Reactions: becca59

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Definitely a winner Mel! With bells on (and tech).

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
back from consultant appointment hes defo said yes to pump seen dietician again too told him ive decided on the ypso pump nice and slim and does what it says on the can as they say .got another appointment early september with pump clinic i think thats to order it then a session with the rep of said pump then hopefully a pumping we will go consultant said no trial runs straight on the insulin just need to keep up fingerpricks 8 times a day so i can keep libre and i will be a happy bunny :happy:enjoy your evening everyone chippy meal for me tonight as cant be bothered cooking:hungry:

Reactions: WuTwo

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Been discharged by the Maxillofacial clinic as my trigeminal neuralgia (a diabetes complication neuropathy) has resolved itself to the point of barely bothering me any longer, so I’m thrilled about that. Continue taking the bedtime pregabalin, titrating the dose down if I want to. While I was there, my Prof printed off the results of my bloods I had taken on Friday for diabetes clinic at the end of the month. I’m thrilled, HbA1c down to 35 (5.4%) and all my blood, liver, kidney, heart and thyroid markers have come back perfect. If it wasn’t for the major organ failure, I’d be in perfect health ;)

My very unofficial rig had predicted 34, so it seems adjusting the calibration code on my Omnipod meter has got things in line with lab results. I’d suspected it was reading artificially low for some time, my predictions had been mid 30s for some time but labs kept coming back around 40. I’m sure it’s to keep people running higher because of the dread of hypos among the medical profession. Anyway, my blood calibrated sensor results show me as hypo less than 2% of the time, so hopefully my team will be happy with that. Libre says I’m hypo 46% of the time and estimated my HbA1c at 26!

View attachment 35102
Brilliant !!

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Back from the hospital. I am very tired - I left the house at 7.30 this morning and worked all day, then raced out to the hospital to pick mil up and take her home. Finally back in my own home.

My fil is passing slowly. His kidneys are failing (the doctors thought they might; they had to give him injections to help his lungs and legs expel the fluid, but the injections were very hard on his already weak kidneys). None of us are expecting him home again, and I phoned my son who will visit tomorrow. At least, I say that he will visit but apparently the ward has a bug and might be closed to visitors tomorrow! My mil is distraught at the idea that she might not see him again.

Husband is coping well, but his stress will show itself in sleeplessness. I hope he doesn't come down with anything from visiting a ward with a bug in it (to collect mum today).

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Stupid Libre has packed up three days early, just like the last one did. Both are the from boxes with the blue upgrade/improved/new/more accurate stickers on. Both have consistently read 2-3mmol low since about day 2. Anyone else having similar issues?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning chaps, I’m getting up earlier to get back into the habit before uni starts. Good solid eight hours last night according to my Fitbit, BG was up and down a bit but in range, so no alarms to wake me. Off to the hospital this morning for a MaxFac appointment about my trigeminal neuralgia, which is hardly bothering me these days - there’s a lot to be said for normal blood sugars and reversing neuropathy. Going to see if I can go to annual checks rather than biannual, as I’m going to be BUSY. Clear blue skies here in the Rhondda, looks like it might be nice day.

@ert - they don’t often believe that anyone has the correct ratios when they start - I’d go along with it for now as it’s the gateway to stuff like CGM and pumps etc. You can always go back to what you know works for you after the week is over.
Thanks, Mel dCP. How did you convince them that you had to dose for everything?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
What a day. They threatened to through me off DAFNE if I wasn't interested in eating DAFNE carbs. My MM stopped working at 3 am. I left the MM on the desk charging in the hope it would come back to life and the puppy came along, stole it from the desk and chewed it into small pieces. And to top it off Smith has been ruled out of the next Ashes test.

Hopefully, tomorrow can't trump that.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good morning everyone off to see the consultant today 1 step closer for my pump i hope .have a good day everyone
You deserve it. Got to see a pump today at DAFNE. The technology looks pretty nifty.

Reactions: karen8967

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Afternoon all!

View attachment 35102
Wow. That certain smashes it out of the park. Well done you.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks, Mel dCP. How did you convince them that you had to dose for everything?
I was eating loads of carbs when I did it, so it wasn’t a thing then. Since then my team are happy with what I’m doing now.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
We got called out to the hospital in the middle of the night because the doctor wanted to see us. He was wonderful and gently explained to mil that fil is shutting down slowly and it is his job now to make sure it is absolutely painless but given that dad is in his 90's he thinks any treatment will just prolong the inevitable and be distressing for all concerned.

Son took his Nanny home and stayed with her for a couple of hours and will come over to us today so that we can get one of us out to her village and collect her. I am concerned because son adores his grandparents and his partner is away at her own parents in Bedford for a week, so he is alone at home.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
We got called out to the hospital in the middle of the night because the doctor wanted to see us. He was wonderful and gently explained to mil that fil is shutting down slowly and it is his job now to make sure it is absolutely painless but given that dad is in his 90's he thinks any treatment will just prolong the inevitable and be distressing for all concerned.

Son took his Nanny home and stayed with her for a couple of hours and will come over to us today so that we can get one of us out to her village and collect her. I am concerned because son adores his grandparents and his partner is away at her own parents in Bedford for a week, so he is alone at home.
There are no emojis or words that really sum up what I want to say. It’s a heart wrenching time for you all. The best is lots of hugs, HUGS