One thing I noticed is my blood sugar seems to be more in range when I eat less carbs

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So this is what I noticed from when I was in Costa Rica on holiday? Bear in mind this was also 7 hours behind U.K.

The on thing I noticed one getting into their time my blood was mostly in range. Apart from rice there’s a lot of meat and fruit. I just sticked to one ratio. I just choose to have less carbs like i a sausages and fruit and water (since I don’t like coffee) (compared to bread and juice) instead of potatoes I chose eggs instead of rice and beans or had meat with veg like fish, beef or pork things, chicken or octopus in mash.
It’s amazing how much carb can make a difference.

Even the meals on the fight way back had less carbs like breakfast

. It seems like there’s not much carb apart from rice, bread and fruit in Costa Rica and then off course desert.

Why does carb make such a difference has anyone else found it out when travelling to different country

Even back in U.K. I have been back since Sunday (went last Saturday) I just choose more meals with less carb now a days for example low carb bread, meat like seafood, chicken beef fish which I was already used to.

I’m not saying you have to lower carbs bexuse it’s still nice to have a carby meal like pizza or rice dish or chocolate But if your struggling to get your blood in range. Perhaps try to lower a bit of the carb.
I just found this interesting I don’t know why but I only thought of this after coming back from Costa Rica and weirdly jts something that works for me. Now my mum doesn’t annoy me anymore lol I should of thought of this before.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So this is what I noticed from when I was in Costa Rica on holiday? Bear in mind this was also 7 hours behind U.K.

The on thing I noticed one getting into their time my blood was mostly in range. Apart from rice there’s a lot of meat and fruit. I just sticked to one ratio. I just choose to have less carbs like i a sausages and fruit and water (since I don’t like coffee) (compared to bread and juice) instead of potatoes I chose eggs instead of rice and beans or had meat with veg like fish, beef or pork things, chicken or octopus in mash.
It’s amazing how much carb can make a difference.

Even the meals on the fight way back had less carbs like breakfast

. It seems like there’s not much carb apart from rice, bread and fruit in Costa Rica and then off course desert.

Why does carb make such a difference has anyone else found it out when travelling to different country

Even back in U.K. I have been back since Sunday (went last Saturday) I just choose more meals with less carb now a days for example low carb bread, meat like seafood, chicken beef fish which I was already used to.

I’m not saying you have to lower carbs bexuse it’s still nice to have a carby meal like pizza or rice dish or chocolate But if your struggling to get your blood in range. Perhaps try to lower a bit of the carb.
I just found this interesting I don’t know why but I only thought of this after coming back from Costa Rica and weirdly jts something that works for me. Now my mum doesn’t annoy me anymore lol I should of thought of this before.

in all kinds of diabetes carbs are what affects the blood glucose besides proteins in a lesser degree, carbs are the blood glucose, glucose and sugars and carbs are the same , there are more kinds of sugars, but all of them are carbs...

nothing new in carbs affecting blood glucose, but it takes some learning to understand it all..... being type 1 you also need to know alot of insulin and how to counteract carbs by using insulin the strategic ways that especially mathes your bodies needs.. , I hope you get the education that you need to understand your condition/ disease... best wishes from me

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done for noticing it makes a difference! Hope things will keep getting better for you!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds as though you had a great holiday in Costa Rica and have brought back all the positives, long may it continue for you :)
Take care @Lulu9101112

Reactions: Lulu9101112