I feel sort of scared in my volunteering I used to love.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So this is awkard, I felt like I loved my volunteering. However I feel after finding something out of my head of department it’s not safe. I don’t want to quit but don’t know what to do.

Bassically it started off the weds before I went on holiday. The head of department always throws stones around and at other staff cvolunteers including me.this is at least the 5th time (and I’m only there on weds an Friday but wasn’t last week due to holiday) Thing is even though this is in the yard it could still end up braking or hitting a animal or causing damage. However the managers are there when it happens but never tell him to stop,

Another thing is the following Friday, my head of department revealed he had a criminal record for arson when he was a juvenile. I find this odd as I’ve always thought if you have a record you can’t work around children and yet children are the main visitors of the park. The thing is I never thought he had a record. So this suprised me and scared me especially since park has no security. I used to feel safe their but I just feel like if he ends up doing it again for some reason it could cause a lot of damage to the park, people, kids and animals could get loose and the only cameras are in car park and offices not outside. Plus he’s never showed anyone the fire evacuation plan like volunteers or work experience students and most yard exits seems to be blocked. isnt part of law to me this seems like he could be planning to do it again in the future. I’ve just got this weird feeling the managers are too scared to tell him off and if it causes him to get fired then they might think he may go back to arson and make them the next target as revnege.

Thing is I don’t know what to do because it seems like he’s s risk to the visitors, staff and volunteers, children and animals and perhaps even traffic. (Like if he ever decided to do in the park it could easily spread to the road and cars)

The thing is I’m there tommorow. I can’t avoid him due to helping out with an event.

The thing is I dont know what to do. I feel like I should quit but don’t want to due to I love the animals and it’s the only animal place I have in my county

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Having A CRIMINAL RECORD DOES'T STOP A PERSON WORKING WITH KIDS.
hE SOUNDS A right prick AND YOU EITHER PUT IT IN WRITING TO THE OOPSCAPS appropriate people maybe even slyly to the press or you leave.
Moaning and being frightened achieves nothing never did never will.