Obesity, T2 and my right to eat the diet that will heal me

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tidal - it used to be used a lot in the past, as it is easier to manage than wind power.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Tidal - it used to be used a lot in the past, as it is easier to manage than wind power.
Tidal is a bit of a problem due to biofouling messing up mechanisms- I think Orkney has the only working UK one.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its was changed over 50 years ago, all over the world. Read the link I posted.

lucylocket, I read the article a second time and see that there was a change to a "lower protein wheat" in 1961. That may not be the type of wheat grown in the US. In the report zand shared with us, it is specifically suggested changing to "short wheat". Doesn't matter to me though. Prior to being diagnosed with NCGS, we bought our whole wheat bread from a local baker.

Thank you for listing alternative energy sources to fossil fuels. :)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for being so uninformed on this topic. Haven't watched television in decades, nor do I listen to radio much anymore, and I don't subscribe to news magazines or newspapers. I mostly just read online what news is headlining each day. I have a lot of catching up to do. You all have gotten me off to a good start. Thank you.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Geothermal energy is a resource that is actively being pursued right now, even here in the U.K.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's the thing... Ever since I was re-diagnosed with T2DM in early 2015, all I can think about is improving my health and the health of my family, friends, and co-workers. It's an obsession. I think about it every day. Until 2015, I had no idea how damaging processed foods are to our health. I'm not going back to including grains and omega 6 seed oils in my diet. No way. And legumes and beans are not a good protein source for diabetics who have chronic kidney failure. We need to find answers to climate change that doesn't destroy our health.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

...all I can think about is improving my health and the health of my family, friends, and co-workers...

Good luck with that. In my experience you're on very thin ice if you ever attempt to inform people that they've been lied to their entire life. Family and very close friends can be receptive, but acquaintances and colleagues are a whole different ballgame that you’re better off not playing. As a wise man once said: "It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by a moderator:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's so true Jim. We put doctors on such high pedestals. It's not just the patients that have been duped...the doctors have been duped too, by the pharmaceutical industry, but that's changing. The patients are showing the doctors that the LCHF/Keto diet works, and are showing other diabetics it works too. It can take years though.

It appears that we now need to expand our efforts, to include advocates of changing our diets and food supply to address climate change.

Reactions: jjraak

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay, here's a solution to food waste that helps not hurts people, a product used in 100 countries, created by a young girl whose family immigrated from India. It's a fascinating story, and solution...

A Simple But Profound Solution to Food Waste

The product is called Fresh Paper.

For those of you unfamiliar with the The Doctor's Farmacy podcast with Dr. Mark Hyman, he's a functional medicine doctor who has taken a strong interest in educating us in how food can be used as medicine. Each week's podcast features a different guest who's making positive changes in the world. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

a young girl whose family immigrated from India.
Here's a word play on immigrated.

I was welcomed as a immigrant when I came to Australia as a £10.00 migrant from the UK, when I emigrated here for a better life style in 1970. :D

I have migrated around Queensland a bit...

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand the need to lighten up this topic. What's being proposed by this committee's report in regards to our diet and food supply will have huge health consequences for a significant portion of the population.

lindisfel

Expert
Geothermal energy is a resource that is actively being pursued right now, even here in the U.K.
If they bury all the Nuclear waste from Sellarfield they could use ground source heat pumps to turn it into available energy.
I just don't like the idea of having hot feet.

NZ and Iceland are good sources of thermal energy, perhaps Britain's Trump should buy Iceland! :)
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I don't understand the need to lighten up this topic. What's being proposed by this committee's report in regards to our diet and food supply will have huge health consequences for a significant portion of the population.

It won't matter Winnie if the planet dies first!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
NZ and Iceland are good sources of thermal energy.
Indeed they are. There’s is a lot of geothermal work going on in the U.K. and Europe right now. It isn’t a complete solution but one of a number of them.

Reactions: Winnie53

lindisfel

Expert
Okay, here's a solution to food waste that helps not hurts people, a product used in 100 countries, created by a young girl whose family immigrated from India. It's a fascinating story, and solution...

A Simple But Profound Solution to Food Waste

The product is called Fresh Paper.

For those of you unfamiliar with the The Doctor's Farmacy podcast with Dr. Mark Hyman, he's a functional medicine doctor who has taken a strong interest in educating us in how food can be used as medicine. Each week's podcast features a different guest who's making positive changes in the world. :)
Feeding cows food waste caused New Variant CJD.
D.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Indeed they are. There’s is a lot of geothermal work going on in the U.K. and Europe right now. It isn’t a complete solution but one of a number of them.
I know the National Trust has small projects going on. Do you know of any large scale UK ones though? Last I heard Blackpool had put a stop to their project. The British Geological Survey says plenty of potential.

Reactions: Winnie53