metatarsalgia

islelassie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. Initially I was able to control it through diet and exercise but now it has gone too high to do this. So I am now on metformin x2 per day. In the meantime, I have had increasingly sore balls of feet and some numbness alongside the pain. My toes feel very strange but they have told me my diabetes is not bad enough for it to be a side effect of that. I am scared because sometimes I can barely walk because of the pain and at the same time there is numbness. No visible symptoms, I have had B12 tests, xrays, seen the podiatrist who referred me to the Nurse, then GP and all they say is that they don't know what it is. My blood sugars are on average 11 after meals and 8 before.

Coastal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. Initially I was able to control it through diet and exercise but now it has gone too high to do this. So I am now on metformin x2 per day. In the meantime, I have had increasingly sore balls of feet and some numbness alongside the pain. My toes feel very strange but they have told me my diabetes is not bad enough for it to be a side effect of that. I am scared because sometimes I can barely walk because of the pain and at the same time there is numbness. No visible symptoms, I have had B12 tests, xrays, seen the podiatrist who referred me to the Nurse, then GP and all they say is that they don't know what it is. My blood sugars are on average 11 after meals and 8 before.
hi Cathy it’s been a few years on this one ....are there any improved treatments?

Coastal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Catherine... it’s been a few years since your exchange with Islelassie.. my symptoms are exactly hers... I couldn’t follow that 2nd link you posted and Isle seems to have not been active last couple of years....are theee any improved treatments for this condition that you are aware of? Also I wonder what happened with Isle?