Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, diabetes wasn't too bad, 5.4 :)
@WuTwo, I'm very sorry your family and you are going through this difficult time , sending you the hugest hug.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
For all of you, with my love -

BF52-11-KM.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Least 2 days of a good, well behaved, bloods agreeing sensor. I’ve a new reader courtesy of training day. Who’s got a recently produced reader? My nearly two year old one seems fine. Abbott say the new one’s more accurate but it sounds as though @Knikki and @Robinredbreast (hope I’ve remember right that it was you) have different experiences. Is it the update or the new reader?

Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Or is it a problem with the sensors?

Reactions: Knikki

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,

Hugs to @WuTwo

Not much going on with blood sugar, seems to have calmed down since Sunday, went a bit low overnight, but nothing too bad, and that's it really.

Reactions: hh1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@WuTwo - So sorry to hear your news. There's nothing to be said to make it any better.

Look after each other.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning from a late arriver, I have been busy this morning as my son is nearby painting a porch and he said to come down for 5 minutes, I was nearly an hour and I had ti find him as he said he was opposite the pub, but no, he wasn't. He could see the corner of it, but I did find him, until after phoning him :rolleyes::happy:
He is doing a good job too, but when I left I shouted out 'you've missed a bit' lol

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Least 2 days of a good, well behaved, bloods agreeing sensor. I’ve a new reader courtesy of training day. Who’s got a recently produced reader? My nearly two year old one seems fine. Abbott say the new one’s more accurate but it sounds as though @Knikki and @Robinredbreast (hope I’ve remember right that it was you) have different experiences. Is it the update or the new reader?

I can't download the Libre on my Chromebook, it just states Windows and Mac, but I have managed to download the mobile app on my phone, but I prefer using my Libre sensor scanner, it does a good job.
How are you FG ?

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon all

@WuTwo (((HUGS))) being sent your way x

Bloods have been a right royal PITA since last night......phone call off my youngest saying that my son had been knocked off his bike! Taken to hospital but luckily no broken bones or concussion, just grazes, so he is fine....his mother brought him back from Bassingstoke hospital last night, so will pop in and see him after work

Luckily I havent had any problems with the Libre falling off early OR accuracy (unless you count the last day, when it is very hit or miss!)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had garlic bread for lunch and my breath stinks so bad. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I did chuck down a few mints and even that can't help me. :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can't download the Libre on my Chromebook, it just states Windows and Mac, but I have managed to download the mobile app on my phone, but I prefer using my Libre sensor scanner, it does a good job.
How are you FG ?

I’m good, all things considered, RRB, and just had a garden break after a morning of making sure I’d got details right in the docs and everything’s be going to the right person. Just need to pop next door to the neighbours for some witnessing, then up the road and across the park to the post office. All for part-time job. Can’t decide whether or not to pick up a bottle to celebrate job done. I love the people aspect of part-time job but new regs mean extra works to organise which’ll be a short term reduction the small amount it boosts my pension. It’s in the Midlands too, which is great while younger daughter and family are still there. But when they’re not . . . Big decisions at the end of this year, or next.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Home again for a while. Thank you for all the hugs!

Came home to wonderful news:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/21/morrisons-moves-to-end-killing-of-male-calves-at-birth

Maybe if they escape the birth cull they might not be crated for veal soon either, and will be reared. We can but hope!

I am off to a farm tomorrow with my granddaughter, age 10 and I love seeing and petting the animals, can't wait to get on the bus and travel through the beautiful countryside. The baby goats are such character's, right little rascals lol

Love your post :)

Last edited: