Newbie from Norfolk

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hello I'm pleased to find this forum.

I am from Norfolk and enjoy the countryside, plus sitting in my garden watching Birds and butterflies etc.

I enjoy healthy eating and I'm not doing too badly but would like to meet some more people from the UK.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I am from Norfolk and enjoy the countryside, plus sitting in my garden watching Birds and butterflies etc.

I enjoy healthy eating and I'm not doing too badly but would like to meet some more people from the UK.
Hello @Thankful1 , and welcome!

I don't quite qualify as I'm Dutch, sorry... But lots and lots of Britons on here, and an excellent bunch it is. And I'm adding a pic of a butterfly to compensate for the lack of British-ness. ;) Me, I like cats. Big and small, so we spend a lot of time in zoo's and cat cafe's. Goes well with my other passion, photography. Long walks with the camera are the result. I'm a diet controlled T2, can't tell from your profile what you are, so a little handy tip: fill out as much as you're comfortable with, because if you have questions, your type and medication really do make a difference in the answers. In the meantime, anything I can help you with?

In any case, welcome, and I'm sure a Brit'll be along soon! :)
Jo

Attachments

• butterfly 1.jpg
    butterfly 1.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: Thankful1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh well, we Dutchies are known for speaking our thoughts, asked or unasked, so here's another welcome from a Dutchie :)

Reactions: Thankful1

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm a brit, can I welcome you? I live at the other end of the country to you, Sunderland, but according to Ancestry did have an ancestor who came from Great Yarmouth, A sea captain whose son, my great grandfather moved to the north east, I guess following the trade. Lovely to hear from you. I'm sure others will be along soon to welcome you as well.

Reactions: jjraak and Antje77

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well, we Dutchies are known for speaking our thoughts, asked or unasked, so here's another welcome from a Dutchie :)
You're putting it mildly: Most people would just call us rude. And I guess we are, though we prefer the term frank, haha.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
You're putting it mildly: Most people would just call us rude. And I guess we are, though we prefer the term frank, haha.
I'd never call you or @Antje77 rude! Probably some of the kindest and honest people I have ever had the fortune to communicate with!

@Thankful1 Fellow Brit here welcoming you to our little forum here, hope you find what you're looking for.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The greatest guy I ever worked for originated from Amsterdam, worked for him for 5 years, taught me everything about English grammar I needed to know and I learned a few Dutch swear words into the bargain. I wouldn't have called him rude either just very direct.

Reactions: Antje77

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The greatest guy I ever worked for originated from Amsterdam, worked for him for 5 years, taught me everything about English grammar I needed to know and I learned a few Dutch swear words into the bargain. I wouldn't have called him rude either just very direct.
Thanks. :) After reading The Undutchables I suddenly saw the Dutch the way foreigners perceive us, so it's nice to know we're nowhere near as bad as the book made out. :p

Reactions: Ryhia
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hello @Thankful1 , and welcome!

I don't quite qualify as I'm Dutch, sorry... But lots and lots of Britons on here, and an excellent bunch it is. And I'm adding a pic of a butterfly to compensate for the lack of British-ness. ;) Me, I like cats. Big and small, so we spend a lot of time in zoo's and cat cafe's. Goes well with my other passion, photography. Long walks with the camera are the result. I'm a diet controlled T2, can't tell from your profile what you are, so a little handy tip: fill out as much as you're comfortable with, because if you have questions, your type and medication really do make a difference in the answers. In the meantime, anything I can help you with?

In any case, welcome, and I'm sure a Brit'll be along soon! :)
Jo
Thank you for your welcome, sorry if I sound rude /unfriendly it was just that I'm afraid I'm not able to afford to phone people over seas.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your welcome, sorry if I sound rude /unfriendly it was just that I'm afraid I'm not able to afford to phone people over seas.
Ah, that wouldn't be a problem at all, as I don't talk to people on the phone anyway (phobic). No worries, wasn't offended or anything. It's all good. ;) After all, we're just after support and answers here, and if it's people you want to call for that, then it's only logical you'd look for them in your own neck of the woods.