What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning and a pretty flat line all night according to the Libre. I have to say it’s crazy how often food is on tv. Not just advertising for food, other things also use food to advertise and food being part of the script in tv programs. Also I’m noticing how frequently food becomes the topic of general conversation. I don’t think it’s because things are more now than they were, I think because I can’t have I’m over analysing it now.

@Muddy Cyclist the picnic by bike sounds a lovely day out for the grandchildren.

@pavlosn a touch high but don’t sweat it, just up and move on to the next test. I’m loving that photo, you must be in a very beautiful area of the world right now.

@ianpspurs good to know your still around, I’m sure you could come hang out and chat without posting a fbs reading here. This seems to be one of the more relaxed fbs threads.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Prospects of sunny intervals and fresh breezes abound. Good morning everyone, another excellent day ahead.

The wonder wheel of mystery and wonderment issues an in the green 5.2 this morning.

I had to stay in yesterday to await the delivery of a sofa - no time can be given but we will ring you one hour before delivery - oh how useful, such a technical world beating advancement in top notch customer information. Thank goodness you don’t use that useless system of old where you get a tracking link on your phone and can actually see a map of where the delivery vehicle is, how far down the queue you are, an estimated delivery time and a number to call Tim, the driver.

Have a great day if you can, seize the carp and dance the diem.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning all from a mixed bag of fog with sun! Still can't work it out but only in the windswept and interesting North will this happen. Anyway I wrestled a 5.2 out of the meter of doom, I had to dodge the spoons and butter knives it threw at me like balls bowled by Archer, except these didn't hit me in the neck!! after I had wrestled it I sat on the floor whilst it threw itself around like a whirling dervish enraged at the fact I'd dared to grab it! Anyway enjoy your adventures today and I hope that you achieve what you want, with no complications and worries and if there are any worries have a gentle hug to take them away.

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 today still hanging on, just. I wonder if I will ever be able to eat chocolate again, just clinging on with small essential meals atm. Woke up in Kent again but heading for home later.
@pavlosn hug for the high never a great start to the day. Another lovely pic. @Muddy Cyclist your picnic sounds amazing bet the journey home was lighter! @DJC3 sounds like a busy but satisfying day moving your daughters stuff in. Wonder what Dennis made of it. @gennepher you do seem to have found a way of eating that works. I am finding in the last two weeks of HBG I am eating different to OH virtually all the time.
My next plan is to eat earlier though we are away this weekend so that wont work.
The sun is shining in this oart of the world. Hope you all have a great Wednesday.
Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. Remembered to put bins out last night so all is right with the world.
@PenguinMum hugs for the still higher than usual fbg. Hope it settles once you get back into your usual routine, I’m sure your friend was glad to have you around, you are a true friend.
Re Dennis helping the girls move in - he really wanted to be involved, and they haven’t yet got the hang of not leaving shoes, handbags, books etc anywhere low down. It’s a steep learning curve! We are off to puppy training class in a few minutes where he will try to lead the others astray as usual I expect.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs good to know your still around, I’m sure you could come hang out and chat without posting a fbs reading here. This seems to be one of the more relaxed fbs threads.
I do agree - it would be so nice if @ianpspurs did hang out and chat and you are right that this is one of the more relaxed fbs threads so there would be no need to post fbs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do agree - it would be so nice if @ianpspurs did hang out and chat and you are right that this is one of the more relaxed fbs threads so there would be no need to post fbs.
Be careful what you wish for. Who really wants a spavined old fella stinking up the place like the smell of fried fish and lowering the price of property in the postcode? Great fbg by the way.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Be careful what you wish for. Who really wants a spavined old fella stinking up the place like the smell of fried fish and lowering the price of property in the postcode? Great fbg by the way.
I think I will risk it as I have really missed your posts.
Not such a big risk as I took in July when I forgot to pay HMRC the PAYE for July. Am waiting in trepidation, hiding in a corner of my office in case they break down the door and demand their payment. So far they haven't noticed and I quickly paid it with the August payment. I may have got away with it with no penalties.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to stay in yesterday to await the delivery of a sofa - no time can be given but we will ring you one hour before delivery - oh how useful, such a technical world beating advancement in top notch customer information. Thank goodness you don’t use that useless system of old where you get a tracking link on your phone and can actually see a map of where the delivery vehicle is, how far down the queue you are, an estimated delivery time and a number to call Tim, the driver.

Well, from your tone, i do of course suspect you have fallen for the all too easy " have to wait for our 3rd world attitude to modern technology," that is currently quite popular with some on line communities.

BUT i have to tell you, the viewpoint being pedalled is WRONG.
The view ignores the fact that all our 'service" based companies, HAVE to complete their preliminary testing of the safety and validity of the possible benefits of this new techno marvel age,
where OTA communications, Real Time information and GPS can be safely utilised,

They have a duty of care, to ensure YOU can cope with this much information,
WITHOUT the fear that many will fall victim to the stress of knowing
* too much about about the situation in hand
* become obsessive in wanting constant updates so they can take the necessary precautions ..
(make tea, NOT make tea. Pop to shops, NOT pop to shops, type of thing )

As A type 2 diabetic who has seen FIRST hand the traumatisation of so many of those poor Type 2
you know, those weak minded individuals too sensitive to follow the simple protocols that are CLEARLY LAID OUT for them to follow...(Eatwell stupid..why u so dumb )

Your not unique in your ignorance of this dangerous mind set.

it affects far too many in the uk and worldwide, that we fail to even see it, when it rear it's ugly head in many normal day to day situations

Ring a bell....
"well, it started when i looked at the weather reports for the day..."
need i say more.?

And as such, i agree fully with the safety measures issued by your sofa company.

I don't think you realise the danger you COULD have been in,
having so much information to hand is NOT good for anyone

better to follow the old tried , tested and proven to fail methods of the rest of the herd.

Hope no offence taken at your blatant stupidity in not understanding the simple instructions
but i am HONESTLY only trying to save you from yourself.

Your sincerely
JJ raak
Consultant in CBT
@ CBA Informationoverload. com

Where lives are elevated and transformed.
"Need to know ? No you don't," ....FACT.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...couldn't be bothered to post earlier just wondering if I can muster up the enthusiasm to get dressed...why?...didn't shop yesterday & whilst there is usually 'something' in the freezer or cupboard to use... I may run out of coffee that is just not acceptable under any circumstances...woke to a 6.6

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.8 today still hanging on, just. I wonder if I will ever be able to eat chocolate again, just clinging on with small essential meals atm. Woke up in Kent again but heading for home later.
@gennepher you do seem to have found a way of eating that works. I am finding in the last two weeks of HBG I am eating different to OH virtually all the time.
My next plan is to eat earlier though we are away this weekend so that wont work.
The sun is shining in this oart of the world. Hope you all have a great Wednesday.
Stay well, stay safe.
It is a constant experiment.
I still need to get better at this.
Next week you might be able to try eating earlier like you said.
Glad you have sunshine!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...couldn't be bothered to post earlier just wondering if I can muster up the enthusiasm to get dressed...why?...didn't shop yesterday & whilst there is usually 'something' in the freezer or cupboard to use... I may run out of coffee that is just not acceptable under any circumstances...woke to a 6.6
Must have coffee!

upload_2019-8-21_11-17-10.gif

Reactions: geefull

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disturbed sleep, up early hours, back to be, now up and all 'Bleah'

last fbg until new stock arrives...a Cilla Black inspired 6.5 .:rolleyes:

@ianpspurs ..i echo @Fndwheelie post.
stay well & stay in the loop.:)

@Bubbsie , a hug for the mood, but a funny for the coffee,..:D

@DJC..nice to see it's moving ahead smoothly, and the Girls WILL learn..(won't they :wideyed: )

@PenguinMum , hang on in, hun..looks to be steadying

@gennepher to paraphrase @poemagraphic .."NO way IS the Right way "
well done you, for finding a solution to your portion of this T2D jigsaw

@johnpol ..you should write a book john, but for gods sake IF you do, and make it for children
remember to tone it down a bit
poor little mites will be terrified..LoL

@Krystyna23040 ..YaY....back in the 5 club...Whoop whoop..happy days :D

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A disturbed sleep, up early hours, back to be, now up and all 'Bleah'

last fbg until new stock arrives...a Cilla Black inspired 6.5 .:rolleyes:

@ianpspurs ..i echo @Fndwheelie post.
stay well & stay in the loop.:)

@Bubbsie , a hug for the mood, but a funny for the coffee,..:D

@DJC..nice to see it's moving ahead smoothly, and the Girls WILL learn..(won't they :wideyed: )

@PenguinMum , hang on in, hun..looks to be steadying

@gennepher to paraphrase @poemagraphic .."NO way IS the Right way "
well done you, for finding a solution to your portion of this T2D jigsaw

@johnpol ..you should write a book john, but for gods sake IF you do, and make it for children
remember to tone it down a bit
poor little mites will be terrified..LoL

@Krystyna23040 ..YaY....back in the 5 club...Whoop whoop..happy days :D

Believe it or not I am actually busy writing a book all about the adventures of a dog rescued by The Edward Foundation, its all about my dog Jacko's (who has sadly passed away) adventures living with us in "The Pollards sanitorium for Extraordinary Bulldogs", he's the big fella in my avatar, I've nearly finished it but it's put to one side at the moment as I'm an emotional mess after writing it, it brings up some brilliant memories, but also the pain of fighting to keep him alive with pneumonia and then losing him within five weeks of his fur sister. It will make you laugh out loud and cry in equal measure or so says the lady who has been proof reading the chapters.

Last edited: