Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had garlic bread for lunch and my breath stinks so bad. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I did chuck down a few mints and even that can't help me. :hilarious:

I don't eat garlic bread but I do love garlic, luckily the cat doesn't mind too much lol :cat:

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Been at Cardiff Uni Hospital this morning being drained of what looks like all my blood. Nine vials! I’m participating in a research project that’s looking at protective and destructive white blood cells in type one diabetics - I’m in the group of people that’ve had it long term, but they’re looking for T1s who have been recently (and not so recently) diagnosed. I’ve got to send them a bottle of wee taken two hours after my main meal of the day and they’re going to see if there’s any C-peptide produced - which will detect if my pancreas is completely fubar or if it’s producing any insulin at all. They’re sending me all the results of my samples when they get them, should give me a complete picture of what my diabetic status is. They’re looking at DNA too. I’ve just had a massive meal for lunch as I’m out on call later, so have set an alarm for the ScienceWee.

F3826628-A792-4A19-9ABA-EF185253E55D.jpeg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Been at Cardiff Uni Hospital this morning being drained of what looks like all my blood. Nine vials! I’m participating in a research project that’s looking at protective and destructive white blood cells in type one diabetics - I’m in the group of people that’ve had it long term, but they’re looking for T1s who have been recently (and not so recently) diagnosed. I’ve got to send them a bottle of wee taken two hours after my main meal of the day and they’re going to see if there’s any C-peptide produced - which will detect if my pancreas is completely fubar or if it’s producing any insulin at all. They’re sending me all the results of my samples when they get them, should give me a complete picture of what my diabetic status is. They’re looking at DNA too. I’ve just had a massive meal for lunch as I’m out on call later, so have set an alarm for the ScienceWee.

View attachment 35119

Sending you the results?..................they should be sending you some blood :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:....that's gallons

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

View attachment 35119

I would love to participate in type 1 research, but never been lucky enough to.
Good luck Mel :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes, are you playing games with me?
I had a hunch, so I took less insulin than usual for my beer, expecting to rise to above 7 or so and feel stupid to trust hunches.
I suspect it has to do with time of month, will find out in a day or 2. I'm 42, I'm definitely not planning to have children, I never even really agreed to being a woman, can't we just quit this nonsense?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, are you playing games with me?
I had a hunch, so I took less insulin than usual for my beer, expecting to rise to above 7 or so and feel stupid to trust hunches.
I suspect it has to do with time of month, will find out in a day or 2. I'm 42, I'm definitely not planning to have children, I never even really agreed to being a woman, can't we just quit this nonsense?

Awwww, have a virtual ((((( HUG )))))

Quitter's never win and Winner's never quit :)

Reactions: Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Practical as always, what abouth birth control to get rid of both the annoying effects on my clean blankets and the annoying effects on diabetes? Thoughts?
I'm not very keen on having my GP injecting hormones in my behind every 3 months, but on the other hand, insulin is a hormone too, so what do I care?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Practical as always, what abouth birth control to get rid of both the annoying effects on my clean blankets and the annoying effects on diabetes? Thoughts?
I'm not very keen on having my GP injecting hormones in my behind every 3 months, but on the other hand, insulin is a hormone too, so what do I care?

Comparing my time on the pill vs not on the pill, I preferred not to bleed every month and having clear skin. In terms of diabetes, it was quite bad and I had bad management of it. Stress and depression just made it worse. Like you get rid of one factor but there’s always another factor. Now I am pill free, I’m moody, angry, hangry and leak on everything once a month. I don’t know how many times I wanted to murder my bf. While I don’t like it, I think its better to let our womanhood do it’s thing. Unless some ladies have period issues or not having kiddies then the pill might be an option to help them. If I analyse my 5 years on the pill and not having a period for 5 years, it doesn’t sound natural. I think I’ve polluted my body enough. Diabetes is manageable to some extent during my time of the month. It needs a lot of prebolusing though.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting

View attachment 35119
How awesome are you :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Have got DAFNE off my back after eating spaghetti bolognese for dinner last night. Had a small serving, and split the dose injecting 4.5 (8 pm) + 2 (12 am) + 3 (3 am). My waking was 5.2 and no hypos. Not the dosing recommended by DAFNE, by the way, as I was supposed to ride the storm. Not recommended by me either as I'm rather tired today. It was a hack. But I managed to do it and survive. I'm sticking with my courgette spaghetti from now on.

Today was all about fasting to check basal insulin today. I rock at this. Rather than the high carb eating and dosing.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

There used to be some birth control pills that got rid of the monthly curse. Trying to remember the name of the one I took fifty to forty five years ago. Had only the odd one or two periods for the space of five years - bliss. It began with M. Sorry, not much help am I! The next super M is the menopause.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just good morning from me

coffee in hand

sending good shoog vibes to all from north wales

A belated good day to you too buddy..

It's been good vibes here teetering on the edge of Wiltshire.. :cool:

Good to see your endevours with the T1 meet ups. :)

Reactions: himtoo

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 35119
I would still be there if they tried to take that much from me! It usually takes a couple of attempts to get 3 vials let alone nine - at my pre-op last year it took 3 people 8 attempts to get my blood - they got it from the back of the hand on the end:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There used to be some birth control pills that got rid of the monthly curse. Trying to remember the name of the one I took fifty to forty five years ago. Had only the odd one or two periods for the space of five years - bliss. It began with M. Sorry, not much help am I! The next super M is the menopause.
I think they all get rid of the monthlies if you keep taking them, but I'd prefer an injection every 3 months I think. And then there's mirena in your womb or implanon in your arm.
Would it get rid of the side effects of menstruating on diabetes and mood as well, I wonder.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
The one in your arm, (Norplant unless there is more than one,) it caused some side effects the younger ones at work didn't end up liking and usually quite after about a year. Most of the complaints were weight gain. Of course I didn't hear about the ones that did like it.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone woke to a 2.7 2 jelly babies and a slow rise have a good day everyone

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
I woke up bang on dafne terms at 9.0. :)
Have you ladies tried the arm implant? I heard that is more convenient than the pills. I think if the mixture of hormones is correct, it will stop the monthly bleeds. For me I had a lot of trouble with it, it worked for 5 years but there were months where I got bleeds that wouldn’t stop. Hence I had to be off them but my gp said I can go back any time to enquire other methods.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Both Reader and Mobile said last night "2 days left" this morning "no sensor", "Start a new sensor" :shifty: HMMMMMMMMM something wrong with the Space Time Continuum, or something has gone BOINK! o_O
Uh-oh. Have you checked the mirror?
upload_2019-8-22_9-15-43.jpeg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning woke to a 3.2 not expected but OK as things go.

Tech update :hilarious:

Both Reader and Mobile said last night "2 days left" this morning "no sensor", "Start a new sensor" :shifty: HMMMMMMMMM something wrong with the Space Time Continuum, or something has gone BOINK! o_O

So what to do? :couchpotato:

Well finger pricks and xDrip are still working so will go with that for the rest of the day and will change the sensor tonight.:writer:

Stupid **** ridiculous ***£$ tech. :dead:

@MeiChanski read up think Marie2 mentioned implants :)
You as well? My new one is already reading 2mmol low. I’ve had to put it on my arm instead of my chest as I have clinic next week and they might not accept my saying it’s sqiffy if it’s in the wrong place.

Anyway, smooth night BG wise after a very long CFR call last night to a lady with advanced dementia and chest pains. Think we were on scene for five hours all in all.

GCSE result day, so nervous teenager is heading for school in a bit to collect them. I’m off to Liverpool for a few days after that.

@MeiChanski - implants are great :)