What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...couldn't be bothered to post earlier just wondering if I can muster up the enthusiasm to get dressed...why?...didn't shop yesterday & whilst there is usually 'something' in the freezer or cupboard to use... I may run out of coffee that is just not acceptable under any circumstances...woke to a 6.6

You sound like I feel.

t1980.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 Wednesday morning.

@Bubbsie I wish you were here, perhaps we could inspire each other to get moving and go shopping, you need coffee, I want some CoffeeMate and a new pillow ...
Saskia if only you'd said earlier...I've just got back from shopping loaded up with coffee.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, from your tone, i do of course suspect you have fallen for the all too easy " have to wait for our 3rd world attitude to modern technology," that is currently quite popular with some on line communities.

BUT i have to tell you, the viewpoint being pedalled is WRONG.
The view ignores the fact that all our 'service" based companies, HAVE to complete their preliminary testing of the safety and validity of the possible benefits of this new techno marvel age,
where OTA communications, Real Time information and GPS can be safely utilised,

They have a duty of care, to ensure YOU can cope with this much information,
WITHOUT the fear that many will fall victim to the stress of knowing
* too much about about the situation in hand
* become obsessive in wanting constant updates so they can take the necessary precautions ..
(make tea, NOT make tea. Pop to shops, NOT pop to shops, type of thing )

As A type 2 diabetic who has seen FIRST hand the traumatisation of so many of those poor Type 2
you know, those weak minded individuals too sensitive to follow the simple protocols that are CLEARLY LAID OUT for them to follow...(Eatwell stupid..why u so dumb )

Your not unique in your ignorance of this dangerous mind set.

it affects far too many in the uk and worldwide, that we fail to even see it, when it rear it's ugly head in many normal day to day situations

Ring a bell....
"well, it started when i looked at the weather reports for the day..."
need i say more.?

And as such, i agree fully with the safety measures issued by your sofa company.

I don't think you realise the danger you COULD have been in,
having so much information to hand is NOT good for anyone

better to follow the old tried , tested and proven to fail methods of the rest of the herd.

Hope no offence taken at your blatant stupidity in not understanding the simple instructions
but i am HONESTLY only trying to save you from yourself.

Your sincerely
JJ raak
Consultant in CBT
@ CBA Informationoverload. com

Where lives are elevated and transformed.
"Need to know ? No you don't," ....FACT.

Today was a different story @jjraak and much compensation as we meandered on two wheels round the B and less than B roads over moorland and forest road to this fine hostelry for a bit of grub; https://www.garagebarandgrille.co.uk/
About 140 breezy yet rain free miles avoiding cars, caravans, lorries and worst of all, tourists pulling caravans.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You and @Bubbsie dont need to get dressed if you dont want to but for heavens sake do have your coffee!!

Yes ma'am!
t1901.gif
:)

I had 2 cups and then went back to bed instead of to the pillow store. When I got out of bed I finally got dressed -- gotta go get CoffeeMate and pick up a prescription refill once the temp outside drops from 32 degrees. The pillow will have to wait. Hopefully it will find something to do to amuse itself.

f62b7a74de7725757fbd893fddfbb429.gif

Reactions: geefull

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I m
Be careful what you wish for. Who really wants a spavined old fella stinking up the place like the smell of fried fish and lowering the price of property in the postcode? Great fbg by the way.

I’m not sure what “spavined” means Ian but it sounds fantastic, one day I too would like to be spavined, and smelling like fried fish would be an added bonus. Perhaps wearing a pair of tatty knitted fingerless gloves and turned down wellies with my faded corduroys... what dreams these are.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today was a different story @jjraak and much compensation as we meandered on two wheels round the B and less than B roads over moorland and forest road to this fine hostelry for a bit of grub; https://www.garagebarandgrille.co.uk/
About 140 breezy yet rain free miles avoiding cars, caravans, lorries and worst of all, tourists pulling caravans.

Oh my goodness! That pic was a blast from the past!

TXWACgulf_lzblakes1.jpg

Attachments

• TXWACgulf_lzblakes1.jpg
    TXWACgulf_lzblakes1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 98

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I m

I’m not sure what “spavined” means Ian but it sounds fantastic, one day I too would like to be spavined, and smelling like fried fish would be an added bonus. Perhaps wearing a pair of tatty knitted fingerless gloves and turned down wellies with my faded corduroys... what dreams these are.

Spavined is something old horses get ... are we gonna have horses on the board now? If so, forget the pillow, I'll go buy some wellies. :)

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Believe it or not I am actually busy writing a book all about the adventures of a dog rescued by The Edward Foundation, its all about my dog Jacko's (who has sadly passed away) adventures living with us in "The Pollards sanitorium for Extraordinary Bulldogs", he's the big fella in my avatar, I've nearly finished it but it's put to one side at the moment as I'm an emotional mess after writing it, it brings up some brilliant memories, but also the pain of fighting to keep him alive with pneumonia and then losing him within five weeks of his fur sister. It will make you laugh out loud and cry in equal measure or so says the lady who has been proof reading the chapters.
Your dog Jacko sounds as though he had a wonderful life with you and was a very special dog. Our dogs and cats bring real joy into our lives but it is so hard to bear when they pass away.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had enough for this morning Krystna otherwise things could have turned nasty...I've been shopping & doubled up on the coffee.
So pleased to hear that you had enough coffee for the morning. I agree that things could have turned nasty if you had run out.

I have a Nespresso machine and have to confess that I have another one as back-up in case my main machine breaks down.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Looks nice.:D
sounds like a good was had.

@SaskiaKC

aww... the old gulf garages.

they always had the BEST promos when we was kids..beach balls most summers
and football coins for the upcoming world cups etc..happy days

for some weird reason they did, 'lenor' i think a new (then ) fabric conditioner
and as kids.(aka Dumb ) we decided that exploding the packs with our feet would be 'fun' :rolleyes:

and as i was late to the game, when i arrived i had no idea what the others where doing until i got a full on squirt of the stuff BANG into my eyes..cue much 'i'm so sorry's ' while i was bawling my eyes out with 'i can't SEE ' :***::***::***:

a visit to A&E had my eyes rinsed out, some drops to take each day, and blurry vision for a few days.

The ruck of my mum and dad was worse mind.."How could YOU be so stupid....etc, etc,.etc
once the hugs and OMG's had passed...:rolleyes:

but still ..you resurrected some happy times there...

Gulf beach balls..oh my days..how could i forget.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cool, @jjraak, about the beach balls, but not about your poor eyes!

Gulfs didn't do beach balls here that I remember, but I do remember going there for inner tubes in the summertime. Ones with patches were the coolest. I also remember Gulf horseshoes for the high-octane gas that had a kick, No-Nox, and Gulftane and Good Gulf. Did you ever read Bored of the Rings?

upload_2019-8-21_23-13-5.jpeg

Wow. Gulf, the best gas for a cruise down Memory Lane ...

Meanwhile, instead of beach balls, Sinclair stations had inflatable floating dinosaurs --
InDinozoom.jpeg